LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- FOX has issued a third season order for its drama series "Star," a network spokesperson confirmed this morning.
Additionally, co-creator Lee Daniels has inked a new overall deal with producer 20th Century Fox Television. "Lee is not just an extraordinary writer and director, he's a talent magnet who's full of creative energy," said studio chiefs Dana Walden and Gary Newman. "He's also one of the most entertaining and authentic voices we've ever encountered. From 'Empire' to 'Star', when you work with Lee on a project, you know you're going to be spellbound not just by the idea, but also by how it's filtered through his unique lens. He's a creator with many more stories to tell and we're grateful he'll be telling them with us."
Daniels added: "I've loved the creative freedom Fox has afforded me over the last several years and proud of the work that we've collectively achieved as a result of it. I'm excited to continue my time at the studio and produce television that isn't only personal to my own stories, but also find undiscovered, diverse, new voices to bring to the small screen."
FOX further detailed "Star" as follows:
· Studio: 20th Century Fox Television in association with Lee Daniels Entertainment
· Format: 1-Hour Drama
· EPs: Lee Daniels, Tom Donaghy, Pamela Oas Williams and Karin Gist
· LOGLINE: STAR is an emotionally powerful drama that follows three talented singers - running from their pasts and desperate for a new start - with ambitions of stardom, as they navigate the cut throat music business.
· STAR averages a 1.9/7 in L7 Day among Adults 18-49 and a Total Multi-Platform audience of 7.2 million, up +71% versus its Live + Same Day delivery.
· Queen Latifah (Carlotta Brown)
· Benjamin Bratt (Jahil Rivera)
· Jude Demorest (Star Davis)
· Ryan Destiny (Alexandra Crane)
· Brittany O'Grady (Simone Davis)
· Amiyah Scott (Cotton Brown)
· Quincy Brown (Derek Jones)
· Miss Lawrence (Miss Bruce)
· Michael Michele (Ayanna Floyd)
· Stephen Dorff (Brody Dean)
· Luke James (Noah Brooks)