THE DESIGNERS OF ABC'S "EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION" CATCH UP WITH
MANY OF THE FAMILIES THEY'VE MET ON THE SERIES IN A ONE-HOUR SPECIAL,
"EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION - FAMILY REUNION"
Ty Pennington and the design team from "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" -- the award-winning show that completely rebuilds deserving families' homes in an astonishing seven days - catch up with many of the families they've met on the series to see how their new homes have changed their lives, in a one-hour special, "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - Family Reunion," MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.
In addition to seeing how the show has affected the families' lives, the designers talk about how their experiences with "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" have forever impacted them.
The emotional reunion of the families and the designers culminates at a barbeque at the newly-built farm home of the Elcano family in Bakersfield, California, with a surprise musical performance by John Mellencamp. At the barbeque, several families reflect on how the show has improved the quality of their lives; moving testimonials are heard from "Sweet" Alice Harris, as well as from members of the Cox, Garay, Grinnan and Mendoza families.
Additional special guests paying unexpected visits to various families along the way include Magic Johnson and Mr. T.
Highlights of the designers' visits to the families in various cities include:
* Ty playing "Mr. Mom" to the eight-month old McCrory triplets and their two toddler-aged brothers in Costa Mesa, California, while the parents are treated to a romantic day at a spa.
* Ed Sanders spending a night at the Dore family's new Bed & Breakfast inn in Kingston, Washington, where Roseanne Dore and her three daughters nervously cook breakfast for him.
* Constance Ramos telling the romantic story of how she met the love of her life on the show, a widower who nominated the Walswick family from Yorba Linda, California.
* Michael Moloney listening as Brian Wofford from Encinitas, California tells how his successful gastric bypass surgery would not have occurred had it not been for "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."
* Preston Sharp flying to Oak Park, Michigan to catch up with the Vardon family. Judy Vardon, who is deaf, answers the doorbell now that she can hear a little better -- thanks to her new hearing aid.
* Paul DiMeo visiting the Burns Family in Garden Grove, California and seeing seven-year-old Benjamin -- who has what is known as "brittle bone disease" -- enjoying his new room.
The design team who work their creative magic on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" are team leader and carpenter Ty Pennington, Paul DiMeo (carpentry/nuts & bolts), Paige Hemmis (carpentry/creativity), Tracy Hutson (shopping/style), Michael Moloney (interiors/glamour), Constance Ramos (building/planning), Ed Sanders (construction), Preston Sharp (exteriors/big ideas) and Eduardo Xol (landscaping).
"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol Holding. The series is executive-produced by Tom Forman.
A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.