"AN ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT EVENT -- CELEBRITY WEDDINGS UNVEILED," A NEW ENTERTAINMENT SPECIAL HOSTED BY LARA SPENCER
("THE INSIDER") AND CARLOS PONCE ("ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT"),
TO BE BROADCAST TUESDAY, JULY 5 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
Holly Robinson Peete ("My Wonderful Life") and Football All-American Rodney Peete, and Melody Thomas Scott ("The Young and the Restless") and Producer Husband Edward Scott Will Renew Their Wedding Vows At The Wynn Hotel In Las Vegas
Lara Spencer ("The Insider") and "Entertainment Tonight" personality Carlos Ponce host AN ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT EVENT -- CELEBRITY WEDDINGS UNVEILED, a new entertainment special, featuring the first celebrity weddings held at The Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, to be broadcast Tuesday, July 5 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
Holly Robinson Peete and husband Rodney Peete celebrate 10 years of marriage at a once-in-a-lifetime Sunset ceremony that will include their four children, friends and other family members. "The Young and the Restless" Daytime Emmy Award nominee Melody Thomas Scott and her husband, Edward, take a trip down the aisle in honor of their 20-year marriage.
Holly Robinson Peete tells Entertainment Tonight that Rev. Jesse Jackson officiated at her wedding. "He did a great ceremony, however, he didn't quite get the memo that we had our own vows we wanted to say to each other. So, we're looking at this opportunity, 10 years later, to finally say them."
"Edward and I are amazed to share our joy and, yes, amazement (!) in celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary," said Thomas Scott. "We'd like to make clear that we are not 'renewing' our vows, but rather are grateful that our original vows of 1985 are still very much intact. The promises we made to God and each other enrich our lives, as well as those of our family and friends each and every day. Dare I say that, armed with a large dose of patience, we are looking forward to the passion of 20 more years!"
Other celebrities sharing and celebrating their lavish wedding moments, mementos and mishaps with Entertainment Tonight include: Julia Roberts, Susan Lucci, Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, Hilary Swank, Sarah Michelle Gellar, James Denton, Rene Russo, Eva Longoria, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" star Nia Vardalos, Delta Burke and Gerald McRaney, Celine Dion, Tori Spelling, "Lost" star Matthew Fox, Russell Crowe, Kathy Lee Gifford and, newlyweds Chad Michael Murray and Sophia Bush, and Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney plus others.
- Sarah Jessica Parker reveals why she wore black on her wedding day.
- Michael J. Fox talks about the helicopters buzzing over his ceremony.
- John Travolta reminisces about why his big wedding plans went unrealized.
- Jane Seymour shares wedding video footage and why she chose the color peach.
- Food Network star Rachel Ray shows photos of her wedding dress that she took on her cell phone and shares tips for the perfect wedding registry.
- Lisa Rinna gets misty-eyed when she talks about her Vera Wang wedding dress which was delivered in an 8x11-inch envelope and fit perfectly.
- A specially commissioned Harris Interactive poll reveals the best wedding movie of all time, the favorite wedding song, the most beautiful celebrity bride and the star couple who America expects to see walking down the aisle next.
- A 24-year-old Texas bride, who met her groom-to-be at a gas station, is given a Hollywood make-over as Entertainment Tonight's Jann Carl joins her and four leading celebrity hair, make-up and wardrobe stylists in the days leading up to her fairytale wedding.
AN ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT EVENT -- CELEBRITY WEDDINGS UNVEILED is produced by Paramount Domestic Television. Linda Bell Blue is the executive producer; Janet Annino is the co-executive producer. Bradly Bessey is the senior producer and writer; Miguel Enciso is the director.
RATING: To Be Announced