"A SPECIAL EDITION OF 20/20: SUPERHUMANS" AIRS TUESDAY, JUNE 1 ON ABC
Superpowers are usually associated with action superheroes like Superman and Batman. And right now, from hit movies like "Iron Man 2" to weekly fan conventions across the country, superheroes are bigger than ever. ABC invites you to meet real people with superpowers they've developed by dedicating their lives to the basic human urge to overcome limitations� to soar by unlocking abilities hidden deep within. A Special Edition of "20/20" looks at everyday men and women with unbelievable powers, including:
· A man able to survive 72 minutes in the North Pole in nothing but shorts
· A "marathon man" able to run 50 marathons in 50 consecutive days
· A "brain man" able to recite 22,000 numbers by memory and learn Icelandic -- known as one of the most difficult languages on earth -- in just one week
· Mermaids able to swim with whales, sharks and dolphins in the open sea, without oxygen tanks and barely coming up for air
· A "birdman" able to defy gravity and "fly" at 100 miles per hour
· A "spiderman" able to scale the tallest buildings in the world � without a rope.
"A Special Edition of 20/20: Superhumans" airs TUESDAY, JUNE 1 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET)
on the ABC Television Network.
"20/20" is anchored by Elizabeth Vargas and Chris Cuomo. David Sloan is executive producer.