ON "PRIMETIME: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?," FRIDAY, MARCH 18
What will happen when a woman and her service dog are kicked out of a restaurant? Will anyone stop a potential thief from stealing clothing out of a laudromat dryer? Some cases seem to cry out for action, while others seem to present a choice. "What would YOU do?" Using hidden cameras, "What Would You Do?" establishes everyday scenarios and then captures people's reactions. Whether people are compelled to act or mind their own business, John Qui�ones reports on their split-second and often surprising decision-making process. "Primetime: What Would You Do?" airs FRIDAY, MARCH 18 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on ABC.
This week's scenarios include:
· Favoritism: Will fellow shoppers say anything when a mother clearly favors one daughter, making rude comments to her other daughter, while shopping at a clothing store?
· Teen Bikini Fat: When a mother berates her daughter at the beach for wearing a bikini that makes her look fat, throwing insult after insult, will anyone stand up for the daughter?
· Service Dog Discrimination: A woman who relies on her service dog is harassed by fellow diners at a restaurant. The disabled person assures the manager that, not only is the dog specially trained and well behaved, but it is legal for her to have him with her at a restaurant. But the maitre d' / manager sides with the other diners. How will other patrons react?
· Laundromat Theft: What will happen when someone starts to steal clothes from someone else's dryer at a laundromat? Will anyone confront the potential thief?
· Video preview: http://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo/video/catch-laundry-thief-13144510
"Primetime: What Would You Do?" has won awards from the Chicago International Television Festival, and the Avon Foundation's 2006 Voice of Change award for exposing "injustice and wrongdoing against women and bringing the message of domestic violence to the mainstream." The Columbia Journalism Review has called the program "a Candid Camera of Ethics."
David Sloan is executive producer and Danielle Baum Rossen is the senior broadcast producer of "What Would You Do?"