Airing on "20/20," Friday, November 22, 10pm on ABC
From veterinarians to movers to grocers to bartenders, get ready for a big dose of the shocking truth as "20/20's" team of correspondents get the dirt from the professionals we depend on, who confess what really goes on behind the scenes. "True Confessions" airs on "20/20," FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 22 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. Reports include:
· Car Thief: A car is stolen every 30 seconds in the U.S. What can you do to protect yourself, and is your car a target? Who better to answer these questions, show you how it happens, and give tips to avoid becoming a victim than a convicted car thief himself? Deborah Roberts reports.
· Bartenders: Following up a state wide investigation in New Jersey of bars switching out top shelf liquor for cheaper alcohol, "20/20" gets inside tips from bartenders who know all the ways that the drink you got may not be what you think. Amy Robach reports.
· Veterinarians: Hear confessions of one former vet who says some vets push medical procedures your dog may not need, including yearly vaccinations and teeth cleaning. "20/20"'s pooches go undercover. Gio Benitez reports.
· Truckers: Jim Avila has an insider's view of life on the road in a big rig. It is everything you need to know about trucker culture - the safety hazards, the weird ways truckers fight off loneliness and boredom.
· Movers: Looking to move? Before you open that door to a complete stranger, Matt Gutman explores the challenges OF one of life's most stressful experiences - moving. "20/20" talks to a former customer service agent for a moving company who tells you that trying to get a good deal online may cost you. Hear first-hand tips and the horrors stories, including shady movers who jack up the price and hold your life's possession hostage.
· Grocers: How much do you know about your neighborhood grocery store? Juju Chang talks to former grocers who spill the beans, and who also offer insightful shopping tips for the holiday season.
David Sloan is executive producer of "20/20".