TRUE CONFESSIONS AIRING ON "20/20"
Friday, May 9 at 10 pm on ABC
Get ready for another big dose of shocking disclosures... from parking valets to lifeguards and exterminators, to salesmen and a counterfeiter, the people in your neighborhood reveal some surprising secrets of their trade. "True Confessions" airs on "20/20," FRIDAY, MAY 9 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.
· Parking Valets: Before you turn over the keys of your brand new Porsche to that friendly parking attendant, you might want to think twice - valets have been caught red handed taking cars for joyrides, spinning donuts in the parking garage and stealing valuables from vehicles. Current parking valet Ed Ryder dishes the dirt on what really goes on behind the scene after you hand over your key to a valet, and gives valuable tips on how to protect yourself from a shady valet. Plus, "20/20's" own bait car, a Tesla rigged with hidden cameras, catches valets in the act as they race down city streets, and rifle through and steal items from inside the car. Nick Watt reports.
· Lifeguards: With summer on the horizon we are all ready to hit the water. Yet, roughly 4,000 Americans drown each year, many at pools with a lifeguard present. "20/20" talks to former lifeguards who reveal the inside secrets from atop the lifeguard chair. Reena Ninan reports.
· Exterminators: What happens when your pest control expert misses a termite infestation and your house is ruined beyond repair? What about those bed-bug sniffing dogs? What happens when they issue a false alarm? "20/20's" hidden cameras are there to put Fido to the test. Paula Faris reports.
· Salesmen: They are willing to sell you anything - for a price. But what secrets are your smiling neighborhood salesmen keeping from you? Dan Harris goes on the other side of the counter at the electronics store, the car dealership, and the cosmetics store, revealing the mind games they employ to separate you from your cash. Dan Harris reports.
· Counterfeiter: Merchants all over the country know firsthand the outrage of being stuck with worthless, fake $20 bills. A master counterfeiter tells ABC's Chief Investigative Correspondent Brian Ross the surprising way he learned to make virtually undetectable fake $20's and how he thwarted the US Government's security measures - printing $250 million in funny money. Brian Ross investigates.
"20/20" is anchored by Elizabeth Vargas and David Muir. David Sloan is the senior executive producer.