THE JOURNEY TO FIND THE NEXT SUPERSTAR COMES TO A CLOSE
AS THE NEXT 'AMERICAN IDOL' IS REVEALED
IN PART TWO OF THE TWO-NIGHT SEASON FINALE,
MONDAY, MAY 21
The Grand Finale Will Include Performances by 'American Idol' Judges Katy Perry,
Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan
Additional Performances Include Artists Bebe Rexha, Darius Rucker, Gary Clark Jr., Kermit the Frog, Nick Jonas + Mustard, Patti LaBelle, Yolanda Adams and 'American Idol' Contestants
"119 (Grand Finale)" - Following amazing performances by music superstars and legends, including our very own "American Idol" judges, the winner of Season 1 of "American Idol" on ABC will finally be crowned, as the search for America's next superstar comes to a close on its new home on America's network, The ABC Television Network, MONDAY, MAY 21 (9:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), streaming and on demand.
Performances during the grand finale include:
· Bebe Rexha + Top 3 Finalists - "Meant to Be" by Bebe Rexha
· Darius Rucker + Caleb Lee Hutchinson - "Wagon Wheel" by Darius Rucker
· Gary Clark Jr. + Dennis Lorenzo + Cade Foehner - "Bright Lights" by Gary Clark Jr.
· Katy Perry + Catie Turner - "Part of Me" by Katy Perry
· Kermit the Frog + Maddie Poppe - "Rainbow Connection" from "The Muppet Movie"
· Layla and Dyxie Spring - "Blue" by LeAnn Rimes
· Lionel Richie + Top 10 Finalists - "All Night Long" by Lionel Richie
· Luke Bryan - "Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset" by Luke Bryan
· Luke Bryan + Gabby Barrett - "Most People Are Good" by Luke Bryan
· Nick Jonas + Mustard - "Anywhere" by Nick Jonas and Mustard
· Nick Jonas + Jurnee - "Jealous" by Nick Jonas
· Patti LaBelle + Ada Vox - "Lady Marmalade" by Patti LaBelle
· Yolanda Adams with a choir of voices + Michael J. Woodard - "What the World Needs Now"
· Top 2 Finalists - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and "What A Wonderful World"
· The winner of Season 1 of "American Idol" on ABC will sing his/her winner's single
Helping America determine who will become the next singing sensation are music industry forces and superstar judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie, with Emmy(R) Award-winning Ryan Seacrest returning as host.
"American Idol" is produced by FremantleMedia North America and CORE Media Group's 19 Entertainment. Executive producers include FremantleMedia North America's Trish Kinane, serving as showrunner, and Jennifer Mullin, along with executive producer Phil McIntyre representing CORE Media. FremantleMedia International distributes the series worldwide.
"American Idol" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG, L parental guideline.
The official "American Idol" app is available on iOS and Android devices. Using the app, fans can vote for their favorite contestants, as well as on AmericanIdol.com/vote or via text. Fans can also use the app to "IDOLize" their selfies with "American Idol" filters and stickers, and track what's trending with judges, contestants and fans.