CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- As an addendum to FOX's summer 2004 schedule press release, here are some additional items to make note of:
-- FOX's new year-round programming strategy will feature additional series launches in July, September and January so look for additional information closer to those months.
-- Expect the fates of "24," "Tru Calling," "The O.C." and so forth to be announced at FOX's annual upfront presentation to the advertising community on Thursday, May 20 in New York City. Should they be renewed, the new seasons will likely launch in late October or early November after FOX's MLB playoff coverage.
-- "The Bernie Mac Show" will air back-to-back new episodes on Monday, April 26 ("That Old Mac Magic" and "The Talk") after which it's understood the series will go on hiatus until June 8 when it moves to its new home, Tuesdays at 8:00/7:00c. The network will then use the show's three remaining produced installments this season to help launch its new Tuesday lineup.
-- "Oliver Beene" will return on June 6 (Sundays at 7:00/6:00c) with the first of 10 previously unaired episodes (eight from its second season, two from its first season). Fellow hiatused series "Cracking Up" and "Forever Eden" are also expected to return this summer to run their shelved installments however no firm dates have been given.
-- "Totally Outrageous Behavior" and "World's Craziest Videos" are both expected to run new episodes when they return to FOX's lineup on Thursday, June 17.
-- Note that "That '70s Show" (Wednesdays at 8:00/7:00c), "King of the Hill" (Sundays at 7:30/6:30c), "The Simpsons" (Sundays, 8:00/7:00c), "Malcolm in the Middle" (Sundays at 9:00/8:00c) and "Arrested Development" (Sundays at 9:30/8:30c) are only scheduled to air repeats for the time being.
-- FOX has scheduled the special "American Idol: The Final Five 2004" to air Monday, May 3 at 8:00/7:00c.
-- Still missing in action from FOX's upcoming plans: the drama "Still Life" and the comedy "The Ortegas," both of which were originally targeted for midseason 2004 premieres.
-- FOX also has series commitments to several other reality projects - "The Complex: Malibu," "Branson's Big Adventure" and "The Partner" - however it's not clear if they'll launch this summer or later during the 2004-05 season.
-- And finally to review, here are the time slots and premiere dates of FOX's summer series:
* "The Jury" - premieres June 8; airs Tuesdays at 9:00/8:00c with encores on Fridays at 9:00/8:00c
* "The North Shore" - premieres June 14; airs Mondays at 8:00/7:00c with encores on Fridays at 8:00/7:00c
* "The Casino" - premieres June 14; airs Mondays at 9:00/8:00c with encores on Thursdays at 9:00/8:00c
* "The Simple Life 2" - premieres June 16 at 8:00/7:00c; regularly airs Wednesdays at at 9:00/8:00c
* "Quintuplets" - premieres June 16; airs Wednesdays at 8:30/7:30c with encores on Sundays at 8:30/7:30c
* "Method & Red" - premieres June 16; airs Wednesdays at 9:30/8:30c with encores on Tuesdays at 8:30/7:30c