Cartoon Network Charts Six Weeks of Prime Time, Kids Total Day Growth Crowned by Best-Ever February Week with Kids 6-11, Kids 2-11
Both Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends and Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi Set New Ratings, Delivery Records Within FRIDAYS Block
ADULT SWIM Continues Growth Trajectory, Ranking #1 in Time Period among Adults 18-34, 18-24
Maintaining its six-week winning streak of across-the-board growth in prime time and kids total day, Cartoon Network also set a new February weekly record for kids total day delivery and ratings among kids 6-11, kids 2-11, boys 6-11 and boys 2-11, according to Nielsen Media Research. Highlights of the record-setting performance vs. the same time period last year include the following:
Kids� Total Day (Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m. - 6 a.m., kids� programming)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (496,000) raced ahead by 27% and ratings (2.0) by 25%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (818,000) advanced by 22% and ratings (2.1) by 24%.
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (317,000) grew by 9% and ratings (1.3) by 8%.
Prime Time (Monday-Sunday, 8-11 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (798,000) expanded by 40% and ratings (3.3) by 38%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,230,000) jumped by 31% and ratings (3.1) by 29%.
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (545,000) rose by 24% and ratings (2.2) by 22%.
Proving their still-growing popularity among kids 6-11 and 2-11, Cartoon Network�s newest original series Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends (Friday, 7 p.m.) and Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (Friday, 7:30 p.m.) each charted new ratings and delivery records last week, earning double and triple-digit gains across the board. The remarkable back-to-back performance of the two programs also helped the overall FRIDAYS block (7 p.m.-12 a.m.) post powerful double-digit gains among all target demos. Highlights of the ratings/delivery performance vs. the same time period last year include the following:
Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends (Friday, 7 p.m.)
- Ranked #1 in its time period on basic cable for ratings/delivery of kids 6-11, kids 2-11, boys 6-11, boys 2-11
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,266,000) catapulted by 70% and ratings (5.2) by 68%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,853,000) mushroomed by 103% and ratings (4.7) by 104%.
Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (Friday, 7:30 p.m.)
- Earned its best-ever ratings and delivery to date among kids 6-11, kids 2-11 and girls 6-11
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,247,000) expanded by 67% and ratings (5.1) by 65%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,735,000) surged by 87% and ratings (4.4) by 83%.
FRIDAYS (Friday, 7 p.m.-12 a.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,087,000) increased by 56% and ratings (4.5) by 55%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,580,000) improved by 66% and ratings (4.0) by 67%.
Young adults also continue flocking to Cartoon Network�s ADULT SWIM (Saturday-Thursday, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.). Among its top claims, ADULT SWIM programming accounted for 15 of ad-supported basic cable�s weekly Top 50 programs among adults 18-34�more than any other ad-supported basic cable network�and two of the Top 10.
ADULT SWIM (Saturday-Thursday, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.)
- Adults 18-34 delivery (558,000) surged by 70% and ratings (0.9) by 80%.
- Adults 18-24 delivery (282,000) ballooned by 52% and ratings (1.0) by 43%.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.3 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 1/31/05-2/6/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.