Juniper Lee Debut in FRIDAYS Wins 9 p.m. Kids 6-11 Demos on All TV
Teen Titans and Justice League Unlimited Propel TOONAMI to Double-Digit Gains among Tweens 9-14
Cartoon Network Earns Overall Weekly Total Day and Prime Delivery Among Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
Cartoon Network�s newest original series, The Life & Times of Juniper Lee, proved its onscreen magic also carried over to ratings during its debut in FRIDAYS (9 p.m.) with double and triple-digit ratings growth among its target demo, kids 6-11, according to Nielsen Media Research. The enchanting new program from comic book auteur and animator Judd Winick (The Real World: San Francisco) ranked #1 in its time period on all television�broadcast and cable�for kids 6-11, boys 6-11 and boys 2-11. It also helped Cartoon Network�s signature prime time franchise FRIDAYS post double-digit growth among all target demos for the week.
Additionally, action-packed originals Teen Titans (8 p.m.) and Justice League Unlimited (9 p.m.) fueled Saturday night�s TOONAMI block to double-digit growth among its target tweens 9-14 demo. Together, the programs helped Cartoon Network achieve significant kids� total day and prime time growth for the week among both kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14.
Performance highlights vs. the same time period last year include the following:
The Life & Times of Juniper Lee (Friday, 9 p.m.)
- The telecast ranked #1 in its time period on all television among kids 6-11, boys 6-11 and boys 2-11.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,187,000) mushroomed by 150% and ratings (4.9) by 145%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,563,000) increased by 92% and ratings (3.9) by 86%.
FRIDAYS (7 p.m. � 12 a.m.)
- Ranked #1 on all basic cable with boys 6-11 and boys 2-11.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (997,000) expanded by 72% and ratings (4.1) by 71%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,381,000) advanced by 43% and ratings (3.5) by 46%.
Cartoon Network Weekly Kids� Total Day and Prime Time
- Total Day kids 6-11 delivery (529,000) and ratings (2.2) both increased by 10%.
- Total Day tweens 9-14 delivery (357,000) jumped by 23% and ratings (1.5) by 25%.
- Prime Time kids 6-11 delivery (690,000) grew by 5% and ratings (2.8) were unchanged.
- Prime Time tweens 9-14 delivery (488,000) rose by 22% and ratings (2.0) by 25%.
Teen Titans (Saturday, 8 p.m.)
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (569,000) surged by 138% and ratings (2.3) by 130%.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (482,000) improved by 30% and ratings (2.0) by 33%.
Justice League Unlimited (Saturday, 9 p.m.)
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (507,000) raced ahead by 30% and ratings (2.1) by 31%.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (513,000) grew by 23% and ratings (2.1) by 24%.
TOONAMI (Saturday, 7-11 p.m.)
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (451,000) bounded ahead by 28% and ratings (1.8) by 29%.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in 88 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 5/30/05-6/5/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.