Adult Swim Wins Adults 18-24 and Men 18-34, 18-24 for 24 Straight Weeks
Also Ranks #1 with Adults 18-34 for 22 of 24 Weeks Among Ad-Supported Basic Cable
Rising above all ad-supported basic cable network competition, Adult Swim continued its total day delivery streak with coveted young adult demos to 24 weeks, according to Nielsen Media Research. The late-night all-animation service ranked #1 with its target adults 18-34 (22 of 24 weeks), adults 18-24, men 18-34 and men 18-24, beating such established networks as ESPN, Lifetime, USA, Spike, Nickelodeon and Discovery. Adult Swim also ranked #5 overall among ad-supported cable networks for delivery of adults 18-49.
Highlights of Adult Swim�s performance last week include the following:
ADULT SWIM (Summer 2005, Monday-Thursday, Saturday-Sunday, 11 p.m.-6 a.m.)
- Adults 18-34 delivery totaled 403,000, with an average 0.6 rating.
- Adults 18-24 delivery totaled 236,000, with an average 0.8 rating.
- Men 18-34 delivery totaled 252,000, with an average 0.8 rating.
- Men 18-24 delivery totaled 152,000, with an average 1.1 rating.
- Adults 18-49 delivery totaled 517,000, with an average 0.4 rating.
- The late-night home for adult-targeted comedy and action-anim� animation also charted 14 of the top 50 telecasts of the week among adults 18-34�Futurama (#10, #12-tie, #18, #21, #43), Family Guy (#12-tie, #17, #24, #27, #29-tie), Aqua Teen Hunger Force (#28, #38) and Robot Chicken (#29-tie, #44).
Adult Swim (AdultSwim.com), launched on Cartoon Network in 2001, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s network dedicated to edgy animated comedy and action series, both original and acquired, airing Saturday-Thursday from 11 p.m-6 a.m. (ET, PT). Adult Swim shares channel space with Cartoon Network, home to the best in original, classic and acquired programming for children and families, and is seen in over 88 million U.S. homes.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 9/05/05-9/11/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 110,200,000 homes.