USA NETWORK IS #1 IN NOVEMBER
Best November on Record for USA
NEW YORK, NY - November 30, 2005 - USA Network was the top rated basic cable entertainment network in primetime in November among households (2.3 rating) and key demos: P18-34 (1.2 rating), P18-49 (1.2 rating) and P25-54 (1.2 rating) demos, averaging 2.7 million viewers.
November 2005 was the strongest month for USA network in almost six years (since January 2000) among total viewers (2.7 million), P18-34 (0.6 million) and P18-49 (1.3 million). This was also the best month for USA since August 2004 among P25-54 (1.2 million). Additionally, this was the strongest month of November in USA's history in P18-34, P18-49, P25-54 and total viewers since Nielsen began measuring USA in 1991. USA had double-digit gains versus the same period last year (11/01-11/28/04), improving +21% in households, +34% in P18-34, +24% in P18-49, +16% in P25-54 and +19% in total viewers. As a result, USA saw more real delivery growth over November 2004 than any other basic cable entertainment network among households (+314,000), P18-34 (+160,000), P18-49 (+247,000), P25-54 (+171,000) and total viewers (+424,000).
The ratings success in November 2005 was driven by WWE's MONDAY NIGHT RAW, LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT and LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT, as well as the acquired theatricals HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN TEN DAYS and FRIDAY AFTER NEXT.
- MONDAY NIGHT RAW at 9p on 11/14/05 was the top rated basic cable entertainment program in all of basic cable for November 2005 in households (4.6), P18-49 (2.9) and P25-54 (2.8), with 5.7 million viewers. WWE's muscle has made USA the #1 network in prime each Monday of November among key demos (P18-34, P18-49 and P25-54) and total viewers.
- MONDAY NIGHT RAW telecasts have placed in the top five of all basic cable prime programs among both P18-49 and P25-54 in each week since its return to USA. In addition, every telecast of MONDAY NIGHT RAW on USA in November ranked in the basic cable top 30 telecasts for the month.
- WWE continues to feel at home on USA, with the eight airings to date delivering +10% higher among households, +16% higher among total viewers, +41% higher among P18-34, +22% higher among P18-49 and +13% higher among P25-54 than the program's performance on Spike during the same eight weeks last year.
- Acquired theatricals once again equal success for USA. The Saturday 11/12/05 8p network premiere of HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN TEN DAYS was the highest rated movie of the month among P18-49 (1.8). The Sunday 11/13/05 8p airing made it the highest rated movie of the month among P18-34 with a 1.8 rating. Also, USA's network premiere of FRIDAY AFTER NEXT at 8p on Friday 11/25/05 was the #1 movie of the week among P18-49 (1.6) and P25-54 (1.6), and ranked in the P25-54 basic cable top 30 telecasts of November 2005.
- USA's procedural dramas, with LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT at 10p on Saturday 11/26/05 and LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT at 9p on Wednesday 11/02/05, ranked as the two highest rated basic cable procedural dramas in all of November 2005 among P25-54 with a 1.7 for LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT and a 1.6 for LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT.
- USA placed more programs in the November 2005 basic cable top 30 list than any other network among P25-54, with 13 telecasts: eight hours of MONDAY NIGHT RAW, two airings of the USA movie HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN TEN DAYS, one airing of the USA movie FRIDAY AFTER NEXT, one episode of LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT and one episode of LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT.
USA Network is cable television's leading provider of original series and feature movies, sports events, off-net television shows, and blockbuster theatrical films. USA Network is seen in over 89 million U.S. homes. The USA Network Web site is located at www.usanetwork.com. USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.