New Christmas Specials on Cartoon Network Draw Merry Double-Digit Demo Gains
Billy & Mandy Save Christmas, Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends: A Lost Claus and Casper�s Haunted Christmas Earn Top Basic Cable Kids 6-11 Delivery, Ratings in Their Time Periods
Each meriting a proper ratings �Ho, Ho, Ho!,� three brand new Christmas specials on Cartoon Network each earned the #1 ranking on ad-supported basic cable for kids 6-11 delivery and ratings in their respective time periods, according to Nielsen Media Research. The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy: Billy & Mandy Save Christmas (Friday, 10:30-11:15 p.m.), Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends: A Lost Claus (Thursday, 7:30-8 p.m.) and Casper�s Haunted Christmas (Thursday, 8-9:45 p.m.) all scored significant double-digit ratings gains across all key kid demos vs. the previous four week time period average on Cartoon Network.
Highlights of each new program�s performance among their target kid audiences vs. the previous four weeks on Cartoon Network include the following:
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy: Billy & Mandy Save Christmas (Friday, 10:30 p.m.)
- Highest-rated program of the week on Cartoon Network with kids 6-11, kids 2-11, boys 6-11 and boys 2-11
- Ranked #1 in its time period on ad-supported basic cable in delivery, ratings of kids 6-11, kids 2-11, boys 6-11 and boys 2-11
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,146,000) increased by 45% and ratings (4.7) by 42%
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,509,000) expanded by 42% and ratings (3.8) by 41%
Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends: A Lost Claus (Thursday, 7:30 p.m.)
- Posted Cartoon Network�s best kids 6-11 delivery, rating in the Thursday time period for 2005-to-date
- Ranked #1 in its time period on ad-supported basic cable in delivery, ratings of kids 6-11 and boys 6-11
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,017,000) improved by 51% and ratings (4.2) by 50%
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,422,000) grew by 40% and ratings (3.6) by 44%
Casper�s Haunted Christmas (Thursday, 8 p.m.)
- Ranked #1 in its time period on ad-supported basic cable in delivery, ratings of kids & boys 6-11, and boys 2-11
- Kids 6-11 delivery (981,000) leapt by 46% and ratings (4.0) by 43%
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,373,000) rose by 39% and ratings (3.4) by 36%
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 88 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 11/28/05-12/4/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 110,200,000 homes.