Cartoon Network Fridays is the Summer Hot Spot for Popular Musical Guests
Performance Line-Up Includes Ne-Yo, Cheyenne Kimball and Bowling for Soup
The set of Cartoon Network Fridays is heating up with performances by some of today�s most popular musical guests. R&B singer/songwriter Ne-Yo will kick off the Memorial Day weekend with a performance of his hit single �So Sick,� on Friday, May 26, at 8 p.m. (ET, PT). Also slated to appear this summer are Cheyenne Kimball, Sammie, Bowling for Soup and Da Backwudz.
Fridays is a destination for musical performances by chart-topping pop, R&B and hip-hop artists, as well as rising stars in the industry. Musical guests perform on the set of Fridays in front of a live studio audience. Past musical guests include Nick Cannon, Chris Brown and Rihanna.
Following is the current line-up of musical performances on Fridays. All times ET, PT.
- Friday, May 26, at 8 p.m.: NE-YO � The young, talented songwriter and crooner will perform his chart-topping single �So Sick.� �So Sick� landed in the number one spot on the Billboard�s Top 100 and Pop 100 charts earlier this year. Ne-Yo also co-wrote fellow R&B artist Mario�s number one Hip-Hop/R&B hit �Let Me Love You.�
- Friday, June 2, at 9 p.m.: CHEYENNE KIMBALL � Newcomer Cheyenne Kimball will bring her acoustic sound to the set of Fridays with a track from her debut album, The Day Has Come, to be released July 11. Cheyenne is also the star of the MTV series Cheyenne that documents her life preparing for the debut of her album. The series is scheduled to premiere on May 31.
- Friday, June 16, at 9 p.m.: SAMMIE � Sammie first burst onto the music scene at age 12 with his single �I Like It.� Now 18, Sammie is back with a self-titled album that is slated for release in June. Sammie�s new album features the single �You Should Be My Girl,� featuring Sean Paul of Youngbloodz.
- Friday, June 23, at 9 p.m.: BOWLING FOR SOUP � The pop-rock group Bowling for Soup made their first big mark when they were nominated for a Grammy in 2003 for the single �Girl All the Bad Guys Want.� In 2005, the band released another hit single, �1985.�
- Friday, June 20, at 9 p.m.: DA BACKWUDZ � Hip-hop�s new sensation, Da Backwudz, released their debut album Wood Work earlier this year. Their single, �I Don�t Like the Look of It,� is quickly making its way up on the Billboard charts and samples the well-known song �Oopma Loompa� from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
Fridays is Cartoon Network�s programming block of original series that airs 7 p.m.-11 p.m. (ET, PT). Each Friday night, hosts Tommy Snider and Tara Sands interact with a live studio audience of kids and invite special guests and celebrities to the set for musical performances, skits and playful antics.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 89 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT) Sunday-Thursday, Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.