[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[07/22/14 - 09:02 AM]
Syfy, Space and Temple Street Productions Announce Hannah John-Kamen, Aaron Ashmore and Luke MacFarlane Will Star in New Scripted Series "Killjoys"
The series follows a fun-loving, hard living trio of interplanetary bounty hunters sworn to remain impartial as they chase deadly warrants throughout the Quad, a distant system on the brink of a bloody, multi-planetary class war.

[07/22/14 - 09:01 AM]
Video: Next Games and AMC Debut Trailer for "The Walking Dead" Mobile Game, "The Walking Dead: No Man's Land"
The game will allow players to experience the world of the iconic show through gameplay exclusively developed for smartphones and tablet devices.

[07/22/14 - 08:47 AM]
"Dark Horse Nation" - New Series Premieres Tuesday, July 29 at 10 p.m. on History(R)
The 12-episode series combines great beer, innovation and renegade entrepreneurialism as it follows the day-to-day adventures of the Dark Horse Brewing Company.

[07/22/14 - 08:40 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: FOX Claims Top Spot with "MasterChef," "Hotel Hell"
The network has won the adults 18-49 for four consecutive weeks.

[07/22/14 - 08:32 AM]
ABC Tops Monday in Viewers/"The Bachelorette" Is Up to Tie a Best-Since-Premiere Adults 18-49 Rating
ABC spins the numbers for Monday, July 21.

[07/22/14 - 08:24 AM]
"American Ninja Warrior" Hits a Season High in Total Viewers
NBC spins the numbers for Monday, July 21.

[07/22/14 - 08:11 AM]
Hit Series "Braxton Family Values" and "SWV Reunited" Premiere with Back-to-Back Episodes on August 14
WE tv's originals return to Thursday nights beginning at 9:00/8:00c.

[07/22/14 - 07:57 AM]
National Geographic Channel Heads to Comic-Con San Diego
The panel will highlight NGC's smartertainment programming including returning series "Brain Games" and new series "Going Deep with David Rees" and "You Can't Lick Your Elbow."

[07/22/14 - 07:32 AM]
Bravo Reunites All Seven Women for Three-Part Reunion of "The Real Housewives of New York City" Starting on Tuesday, July 29 at 9PM ET/PT
Before the reunions begin, tune in to the season finale tonight at 9:00/8:00c to see insults, accusations, and body parts fly in an epic season-ender.

[07/22/14 - 07:30 AM]
"Robot Chicken" Bitch Pudding Special Premieres Sunday on Adult Swim
The fan-favorite character Bitch Pudding gets her time to shine in a brand new solo special.

[07/22/14 - 07:17 AM]
NBC Sports Group to Air 103 NHL Regular-Season Games in 2014-15
The season kicks off with an Opening Night doubleheader on October 8 on NBCSN, starting with Wednesday Night Rivalry coverage at 7:30 p.m. ET with the Philadelphia Flyers at the Boston Bruins.

[07/21/14 - 01:03 PM]
"Nixon by Nixon: In His Own Words," A Revealing Profile of the Former President, Debuts Aug. 4 on HBO
The film is presented in conjunction with the 40th anniversary of his resignation and features excerpts from his secretly recorded his private conversations.

[07/21/14 - 12:38 PM]
Zap! Pow! Bang! Comedy Central(R) Hits San Diego Comic-Con with Multiple Fan Events
Said offering start with back-to-back panels as Comedy Central Presents "Key & Peele" and Introduces "Moonbeam City" on Thursday, July 24.

[07/21/14 - 11:44 AM]
Velocity's All-New Series "Garage Squad" Helps America Rebuild and Restore Their Favorite Dream Cars
Hosted by Bruno Massel and Lauren Bohlander, the series comes to the rescue of people whose automotive projects have come to a dead end.

[07/21/14 - 11:32 AM]
Bleachers Named VH1's August You Oughta Know Artist
Bleachers will benefit from significant cross-platform promotion via frequent music video plays, a custom promo spot, interview on VH1's music-oriented Tuner blog, VH1's Top 20 Countdown, and much more.