[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[09/16/14 - 03:07 PM]
Lifetime Announces Premiere Dates for "Project Runway All Stars" and "Project Runway: Threads"
Alyssa Milano hosts the former series, which returns Thursday, October 30 at 9:00/8:00c.

[09/16/14 - 03:06 PM]
"Monday Night Football" Helps ESPN Win the Night among All Networks
ESPN spins the numbers for Monday, September 15.

[09/16/14 - 02:31 PM]
GSN and Jerry Springer Taking "Baggage on the Road" in New Traveling Spinoff of Hit Dating Game Show "Baggage"
"It's hard to be shocked in my line of work, but I'm continually amazed at how revealing the contestants on the show have been," says Springer.

[09/16/14 - 02:00 PM]
Nomination Period for Fourth Annual "Fox Writer's Intensive" Begins Today
Nominations can be submitted by one of the FWI's partnering organizations or through submission by talent agents and management companies.

[09/16/14 - 01:20 PM]
Equestrian Coverage on NBCSN Highlighted by Central Park Grand Prix Live Thurs., Sept. 18 at 7 PM ET
The event features some of the world's top show jumpers including U.S. Champion Kent Farrington and Olympic gold medalists McLain Ward and Laura Kraut in a $200,000 FEI world ranking class.

[09/16/14 - 01:18 PM]
"Ray Donovan" Delivers Highest Rated Episode & Night Ever!
Showtime spins the numbers for Sunday, September 14.

[09/16/14 - 01:04 PM]
Season Three Finale of History's "Mountain Men" Hits 3.0 Million Total Viewers, Ranking as Cable's Top Show for the Night
History spins the numbers for Sunday, September 14.

[09/16/14 - 12:37 PM]
Mark Feuerstein Joins "Nurse Jackie"
He will play Barry Wolfe, a high-powered, cutthroat lawyer who will represent Jackie as she pieces her life back together following her arrest last season.

[09/16/14 - 12:07 PM]
"Ebola: Inside the Deadly Outbreak" to Simulcast On Discovery Channel and Discovery Fit & Health Thursday Sept. 18 at 10PM
The one-hour premiere special is a comprehensive look into the history, containment, and medical implications of this highly infectious disease.

[09/16/14 - 12:04 PM]
Adult Swim Ranks #1 Among Basic Cable Networks for Total Day Delivery of Adults 18-24 & 18-34 for the Second Week Of September
Turner spins the numbers for the week of September 8-14.

[09/16/14 - 10:45 AM]
Bears-49ers on NBC's "Sunday Night Football" Is NFL's Most-Watched West Coast Sunday Primetime Game Ever
NBC further spins the numbers for Sunday, September 14.

[09/16/14 - 10:31 AM]
Famed Wire Walker Nik Wallenda to Attempt His Most Challenging Tightrope Walk Yet Over the Chicago Skyline Untethered
"Skyscraper Live with Nik Wallenda" will air live around the world in over 220 countries beginning at 7 PM ET/4 PM PT, Sunday, November 2 on the Discovery Channel.

[09/16/14 - 10:18 AM]
Spike TV Travels the Infamous Silk Road to Develop New Drama, "Deep Web," From Tony Krantz and Gary Oldman's Flying Studio Pictures
The project is the incredible saga of an ambitious computer aficionado in Silicon Valley who, with the help of his friends, evolves into an internet underworld crime boss fueled by a web portal where one can buy anything - from a kidney to cocaine to a rocket-launcher.

[09/16/14 - 10:13 AM]
CMT Heads Back to the Bayou This Fall with the Return of "Swamp Pawn" and "Swamp Hunters" Beginning Saturday, October 11 at 9 PM, ET/PT
A special crossover episode of the two series will premiere Saturday, November 8 at 9:00 p.m., ET/PT.

[09/16/14 - 09:53 AM]
Video: Tuesday's Are Getting a Little Happier When MTV's New Series "Happyland" Premieres on September 30 at 11:00 PM ET/PT
The project is a soapy teen dramedy exploring the underbelly of one of the country's most popular theme parks, going behind the scenes to reveal the not so magical reality of the park workers.