[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[10/31/14 - 03:43 PM]
TNT Greenlights High-Octane Drama "Agent X," Starring Jeff Hephner, Sharon Stone and Gerald McRaney
The network has ordered 10 episodes for the first season of the series, with plans to launch in the second half of 2015.

[10/31/14 - 03:27 PM]
NBC Passes on Back Nine for "Bad Judge," "A to Z"
Said development will spell the end of both series after 13 episodes.

[10/31/14 - 02:08 PM]
The Season Premiere of "Mom" Delivers Series High Ratings
CBS spins the numbers for Thursday, October 30.

[10/31/14 - 12:55 PM]
ABC to Air Charles Schulz' Animated Classic, "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving," Wednesday, November 26
A special bonus cartoon from Charles M. Schulz, "This Is America, Charlie Brown: The Mayflower Voyagers," will air with the Peanuts classic.

[10/31/14 - 12:43 PM]
"Northmen - A Viking Saga" Acquired for Distribution and Premium Pay TV Deal with Starz
The film is directed by Claudio Fäh and produced by Ralph S. Dietrich.

[10/31/14 - 12:38 PM]
FOX Premieres: 30-Day Multi-Platform Totals
FOX further spins the numbers for the season to date.

[10/31/14 - 10:12 AM]
Iggy Azalea to Perform at the 2014 American Music Awards(R)
She joins a star-studded lineup of previously announced must-see performers including 5 Seconds of Summer, Charli XCX, Mary J. Blige, Fergie, Lorde, One Direction, Sam Smith and the evening's host, Pitbull.

[10/31/14 - 09:36 AM]
PBS to Air Second Season of Shine International's Boisterous Sitcom "Vicious" Stateside, Summer 2015
Following a re-commission by UK broadcaster ITV, the series will return with Freddie (Sir Ian McKellen) and Stuart (Sir Derek Jacobi) delivering more biting remarks, snide comments and cruel asides.

[10/31/14 - 08:46 AM]
"Parenthood" Retains 92% of Last Week in Adults 18-49 and 97% in Total Viewers
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, October 30.

[10/31/14 - 08:34 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Edges CBS for Demo Crown
The Alphabet snaps the Eye's seven week win streak among adults 18-49.

[10/31/14 - 08:12 AM]
ABC Beats CBS' Thursday Night Premieres to Win the Opening Night Of the November Sweep for the 2nd Straight Year in Adults 18-49
ABC spins the numbers for Thursday, October 30.

[10/31/14 - 07:50 AM]
Global Mystery Solved: Investigation Discovery Did It!
Since Investigation Discovery debuted in February 2008, it has been one of the fastest-growing networks in U.S. cable television and has seen a parallel growth track internationally.

[10/31/14 - 07:32 AM]
USA Network to Air Academy Award(R) Nominated Film "Do the Right Thing" with Special Introduction by Critically Acclaimed Lead Actress Rosie Perez
On Saturday, November 1, USA Network will air the Spike Lee film, that sparked a national dialogue more than two decades ago about racial tension in America and which still remains relevant today.

[10/31/14 - 03:01 AM]
Death-Defying Stunts and Famous Cars Take Center Stage in Two New Original Reality Series
"Extreme Escapes" (Saturday, November 29) and "Screen Machines" (Tuesday, December 2) are both on tap at ReelzChannel in the coming weeks.

[10/30/14 - 02:50 PM]
"The Meredith Vieira Show" Renewed for Second Season on NBC Owned Television Stations
"'The Meredith Vieira Show' has the full commitment and support of NBCUniversal and we could not be happier to bring it back for a second season," said Ed Swindler.