[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[01/18/17 - 12:11 PM]
Fall's Best Reviewed and #1-Rated New Series "This Is Us" Receives Renewal for Two Additional Seasons
To date, 72 million total viewers have viewed the first 10 episodes in some fashion on all platforms.

[01/18/17 - 10:13 AM]
NBC to Preview "Chicago Justice" on Wednesday, March 1 at 10 P.M.
The preview will immediately follow a crossover event between "Chicago Fire" at 8 p.m. and "Chicago P.D." at 9 p.m.

[01/18/17 - 10:02 AM]
James Frain Joins "Star Trek: Discovery"
Frain will star as "Sarek," the famed father of "Spock."

[01/18/17 - 09:38 AM]
NBC Reunites TV's Favorite Foursome with the Return of "Will & Grace" (and Jack and Karen)
Stars Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Sean Hayes and Megan Mullally will be back, and original series creators Max Mutchnick and David Kohan will act as showrunners and executive producers.

[01/18/17 - 08:01 AM]
NBC, LeBron James Score with Hit Series "The Wall" as Network Orders 20 Additional Episodes
"The Wall" marks the second show to launch under the newly formed Universal Television Alternative Studio, which was announced in June.

[01/17/17 - 03:07 PM]
Jerry Seinfeld Brings His Comedy to Netflix
As part of the exclusive pact, new episodes of "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" will arrive exclusively on Netflix in late 2017, as will previous episodes of the Emmy-nominated series.

[01/17/17 - 02:15 PM]
VH1 Enlists Real-Life Talk Show Pros on Upcoming Scripted Series "Daytime Divas" Set for Spring 2017 Premiere
Additional guest stars include Richard T. Jones, Tammy Blanchard and Ness Bautista.

[01/17/17 - 12:43 PM]
USA Network Announces "The Sinner" Starring Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman
The first installment of the close-ended series follows a young mother (Biel) who, when overcome by an inexplicable fit of rage, commits a startling act of violence and to her horror has no idea why.

[01/17/17 - 12:29 PM]
Video: Netflix Releases Featurette for "A Series of Unfortunate Events"
Today, Netflix released a featurette detailing the collective misery involved in bringing this most regrettable tale to life.

[01/17/17 - 12:08 PM]
"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" Builds on Record-Setting Season Premiere
FXX further spins the numbers for Wednesday, January 11.

[01/17/17 - 12:00 PM]
VH1 Sets Monday, February 20th for "The Breaks" Premiere
The original film, which aired last year on VH1, followed three young friends fulfilling their hip hop dreams in New York City in 1990.

[01/17/17 - 11:02 AM]
"Nashville" on CMT Ratings Soar with Newest Episode Outpacing the Premiere as CMT's Most Watched Original Telecast Ever
CMT further spins the numbers for Thursday, January 12.

[01/17/17 - 10:06 AM]
Emmy(R)-Winning Comedy Series "Girls," Created by and Starring Lena Dunham, Returns for Sixth and Final Season Feb. 12, Exclusively on HBO
Judd Apatow, Jenni Konner, Lena Dunham, Ilene S. Landress, Murray Miller and Bruce Eric Kaplan executive produce the show.

[01/17/17 - 09:50 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: "The Bachelor" Keeps ABC in Front
The Alphabet continues its win streak among adults 18-49.

[01/17/17 - 09:31 AM]
Amazon Original Series "The Collection" to Launch on Prime Video in the US on February 10
The series is a gripping family saga where scandal and betrayal plague the Sabine family's relentless pursuit of success.