[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[11/25/14 - 01:17 PM]
"Homeland" and "The Affair" Deliver Their Highest Rated Episodes and Total Nights of the Season
Showtime spins the numbers for Sunday, November 23.

[11/25/14 - 12:18 PM]
Video: "Real World: Skeletons" Trailer
The franchise's 30th installment rolls out on Tuesday, December 16 at 10:00/9:00c.

[11/25/14 - 11:55 AM]
Nickelodeon Tops Basic Cable with Kids and Total Viewers
Nickelodeon spins the numbers for the week of November 17-23.

[11/25/14 - 11:54 AM]
MTV to Air Two New Specials "True Life Presents: Crazy Young Love" on Tuesday, December 2nd at 10 PM ET/PT and "Growing Up Greek" on Wednesday, December 3rd at 11 PM ET/PT
The former docudrama special follows three couples as they document the highs and lows of being young and obsessively in love.

[11/25/14 - 11:33 AM]
"RuPaul's Drag Race" Cast to Be Announced Live On Air During Logo TV's 2014 "New Now Next Awards"
The shroud of secrecy surrounding the 14 elite drag performers who'll comprise the seventh season cast will be lifted via a series of OMFG interstitials interspersed throughout the "New Now Next" telecast on Sunday, December 7.

[11/25/14 - 11:19 AM]
The CW Gives "Hart of Dixie" Fans an Early Holiday Present
Look for the season premiere to now debut on Monday, December 15 at 8:00/7:00c.

[11/25/14 - 11:14 AM]
CMT Keeps the Party Going as 1.3 Million Viewers Tune in for Premieres of "Party Down South 2" and "Drunksgiving" Special
CMT spins the numbers for Wednesday, November 19 and Thursday, November 20.

[11/25/14 - 10:43 AM]
Adult Swim Ranks #1 Among Basic Cable Networks for Total Day Delivery of Adults 18-24 & 18-34 and Men 18-24
Turner spins the numbers for the week of November 17-23.

[11/25/14 - 10:37 AM]
Syfy Invites You Inside "The Bazillion Dollar Club"
The high-adrenaline, high-stakes docu-series immerses viewers in the brilliant and cut-throat world of today's forward thinking innovators.

[11/25/14 - 10:23 AM]
Video: WGN America Releases Spellbinding Teaser for Season Two of "Salem," Set to Return in April
In season two, the Grand Rite triggered at the end of last season is now underway and death is in the air.

[11/25/14 - 09:28 AM]
"60 Minutes" Makes the Top 10 for the Fifth Straight Week
CBS spins the numbers for Sunday, November 23.

[11/25/14 - 09:03 AM]
BBC America's Critically-Acclaimed Original Series "Orphan Black" Adds to Cast
Justin Chatwin and James Frain join the channel's hit original drama for its third season, which is currently in production and set to return in 2015.

[11/25/14 - 08:49 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Holds Onto Demo Crown with "The Voice"
Plus: "Scorpion" on CBS gets a big boost from a special "The Big Bang Theory" repeat lead in.

[11/25/14 - 08:49 AM]
"The Voice" Is Currently the #1 Big 4 Telecast of the Night in Adults 18-49
NBC spins the numbers for Monday, November 24.

[11/25/14 - 08:39 AM]
"Live with Kelly and Michael" Matches Season Highs in Homes and Women 25-54
Disney-ABC Domestic Television spins the numbers for the week of November 10-14.