[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[06/30/16 - 02:53 PM]
Science Channel to Premiere "Unearthed" July 5 at 10PM
From the Pyramids to the Parthenon and Big Ben in London, the series reveals the deepest secrets of each structure by using the latest technology to solve mysteries.

[06/30/16 - 02:49 PM]
TLC's "My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding" Returns with More Unique Dresses and Crazy Catfights
The series' fifth season premieres Sunday, July 17 at 10:00/9:00c.

[06/30/16 - 01:50 PM]
Kellita Smith ("The Bernie Mac Show") Joins the Cast of "In The Cut," Hit Bounce TV Comedy Series Returns for Season Two Tues. July 5 @ 9PM (ET)
Also on tap this season are Angie Stone, Claudia Jordan, Kenny Lattimore and Rolonda Watts.

[06/30/16 - 12:33 PM]
"Queen Sugar" to Debut with Two-Night Premiere Event Tuesday, September 6, and Wednesday, September 7 at 10 PM ET/PT on OWN
Led by acclaimed film director Ava DuVernay, who directed the first two episodes, all episodes in the series' debut season are directed by women.

[06/30/16 - 12:22 PM]
"Basketball Wives" Star Shaunie O'Neal Takes "Shaunie's Home Court" New Series Debuts on VH1 Sunday, July 17th at 10:30 PM ET/PT
The half hour comedic unscripted program follows O'Neal as she works to keep her lively family in line.

[06/30/16 - 11:47 AM]
Original Episodes of NBC Hits "Superstore" and "The Voice" Blind Auditions to Air During the Rio Summer Olympics
Look for said installments on Friday, August 19 and Sunday, August 21 at 10:30 p.m. following Olympics coverage.

[06/30/16 - 10:58 AM]
Marvel Television Returns to San Diego Comic-Con
The fun kicks off Thursday, July 21, with the first-ever San Diego Comic-Con Marvel and Netflix panel session.

[06/30/16 - 10:46 AM]
MTV Invades San Diego Comic-Con with the Return of "Teen Wolf," "MTV Fandom Fest" and "MTV Fandom Awards"
MTV will be on-the-ground with its own branded booth, giving fans an all-new interactive VR experience on the floor of the San Diego Convention Center.

[06/30/16 - 10:34 AM]
Animal Planet's "Dr. Dee: Alaska Vet" Returns with More Heartwarming Animal Rescues
The all-new season premieres Saturday, July 16 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on the cable channel.

[06/30/16 - 09:49 AM]
Starting Friday, Your Favorite Films Written and Directed by Albert Brooks Are Available in the U.S.
The films include: Defending Your Life, which marks its 25th anniversary this year; Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World; Lost in America; Modern Romance; Mother; The Muse; and Real Life.

[06/30/16 - 09:31 AM]
Cartoon Network Studios Connects Rising Talent with Mentors in Inaugural 3-Day Animation Jam, July 9-11
This 3-day animation jam continues the tradition of Cartoon Network's widely-recognized, artists-first approach in developing and discovering fresh and innovative content across all platforms.

[06/30/16 - 09:21 AM]
Academy Award(R) Winner and Marine Corps Veteran Gene Hackman Narrates Iwo Jima Film for Smithsonian Channel(TM)
The one-hour special provides new evidence and analysis proving that U.S. Marine Corps Pfc. and Purple Heart recipient Harold Schultz was one of the flag raisers in Joe Rosenthal's iconic Iwo Jima photo on Mount Suribachi.

[06/30/16 - 08:45 AM]
AMC's Critically Acclaimed Series "Halt and Catch Fire" Leaves Texas Behind for the Big Leagues of Silicon Valley
The series will return for season three on Tuesday, August 23 at 9:00/8:00c with two back-to-back episodes.

[06/30/16 - 08:37 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Tops Demo Race with "Big Brother"
The Eye leads the night among adults 18-49 while NBC is the most-watched network.

[06/30/16 - 08:36 AM]
Video: Netflix Releases Trailer #2 for "Stranger Things"
All episodes debut globally on Netflix Friday, July 15.