[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

[11/27/15 - 12:19 PM]
Nearly 28 Million Watch Bears-Packers on Thanksgiving Night - Second-Most Watched NBC Primetime Game Ever
NBC further spins the numbers for Thursday, November 26.

[11/27/15 - 11:00 AM]
Video: Don't Miss an Exclusive Sneak of the Upcoming Film "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" During the Fall Finale of "Gotham"
The aforementioned fall finale airs this Monday, November 30 at 8:00/7:00c.

[11/27/15 - 08:22 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: NFL Sparks Big Numbers for NBC
The Peacock's Packers-Bears showdown easily eclipses the competition last night.

[11/27/15 - 08:21 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: "Empire" Continues Demo Reign for FOX
Said victory comes despite a series low from the network's juggernaut.

[11/27/15 - 07:44 AM]
Bears-Packers Jumps 17% vs. The Year-Ago Game in the Metered Markets, Making It the Best-Ever NFL Primetime Thanksgiving Game (Since 2006)
NBC spins the numbers for Wednesday, November 25 and Thursday, November 26.

[11/27/15 - 07:14 AM]
"Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" Ranks as the #1 Entertainment Telecast of the Season on the Broadcast Nets in Metered Market Households
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, November 26.

[11/25/15 - 01:22 PM]
Video: Watch the All-New Extended Trailer for New FOX Action Drama "Second Chance," Starring Rob Kazinsky
The network's new drama launches Wednesday, January 13 at 9:00/8:00c.

[11/25/15 - 11:01 AM]
Disney Channel Orders a Third Season of "Girl Meets World"
Production resumes in Los Angeles in January with season three scheduled to premiere in spring 2016.

[11/25/15 - 11:00 AM]
HBO Confirms Debut Date for Animated Adult Comedy Series "Animals"
The 10-episode series will launch on Friday, February 5 at 11:30/10:30c.

[11/25/15 - 10:35 AM]
American Hero and Fan Favorite Alek Skarlatos to Join "Dancing With The Stars: Live! -- Dance All Night Tour"
Skarlatos made headlines around the world in August 2015 when he and his friends heroically overpowered a man that opened fire on a train from Amsterdam to Paris.

[11/25/15 - 10:04 AM]
Gwen Stefani and Sia to Perform on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 Telecasts of NBC's Emmy Award-Winning Series "The Voice"
Sia will perform the single "Alive" from her upcoming album "This Is Acting" while Stefani will sing her current single "Used to Love You."

[11/25/15 - 09:01 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Pulls in Front with "Dancing with the Stars" Finale
The Alphabet leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[11/25/15 - 08:42 AM]
New Debut Date for "Very Semi-Serious: A Partially Thorough Portrait of New Yorker Cartoonists"
The exclusive HBO presentation is now slated to debut Monday, December 14.

[11/25/15 - 08:36 AM]
Week Two of "Chicago Med" Is Up 50% vs. Last Season's Slot Average
NBC spins the numbers for Tuesday, November 24.

[11/25/15 - 08:33 AM]
ABC Wins the Final Tuesday of November with a Season-High Performance
ABC spins the numbers for Tuesday, November 24.