[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[10/16/17 - 12:21 PM]
Investigation Discovery and Time Inc. Productions Announce Premiere of New Season of "People Magazine Investigates"
Season two debuts Monday, November 6 at 10:00/7:00c.

[10/16/17 - 11:35 AM]
Comedian and Writer Wyatt Cenac to Star in Comedic Docu-Series Examining Hot-Button Issues, Debuting on HBO in Spring 2018
The half-hour late-night docu-series will take a satirical look at social and cultural issues from Cenac's unique perspective.

[10/16/17 - 11:00 AM]
History Honors Veterans Day with New Episodes of "The Warfighters" from Executive Producer Peter Berg on Nov. 11
"The Warfighters" premieres with four back-to-back new episodes on Saturday, November 11 beginning at 8:00/7:00c.

[10/16/17 - 10:02 AM]
TNT Launches New Psychological Thriller "The Alienist" Jan. 22
Set in 1896 amidst a backdrop of vast wealth, extreme poverty and technological innovation, this psychological thriller stars Daniel Brühl, Luke Evans, Dakota Fanning and Brian Geraghty.

[10/16/17 - 09:35 AM]
Guest Line-Up Announced for "The Daily Show Undesked Chicago 2017: Let's Do This Before It Gets Too Damn Cold" Including Common, Arne Duncan and Curtis Toler, Lena Waithe and Vic Mensa
As previously announced, "The Daily Show Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library," which made its debut in New York City in June, will open in Chicago this weekend.

[10/16/17 - 09:15 AM]
A&E Network to Premiere Six-Part Limited Series "Who Killed Tupac?" on Tuesday, November 21 at 9PM ET/PT
The series follows famed civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump as he conducts, for the first time ever, a no-stone-unturned investigation twenty years after the death of the dynamic and influential rapper and actor.

[10/16/17 - 09:07 AM]
National Geographic Acquires Cable Syndication Rights of NBCUniversal's "Running Wild with Bear Grylls"
The network also has the first option to air additional seasons of the series produced by Bear Grylls Ventures and Electus, should they be greenlit by NBC.

[10/16/17 - 09:06 AM]
Hotel Expert Anthony Melchiorri Checks-in to the World's Most "Extreme Hotels"
In Travel Channel's new series "Extreme Hotels," premiering Sunday, November 19, Melchiorri explores unique and breathtaking accommodations in bucket-list locales.

[10/16/17 - 08:59 AM]
Hallmark Channel's 7th Annual Hero Dog Awards Premieres October 25
The "Oscars for Dogs" features a veritable galaxy of two-legged stars, including hosts James Denton and Beth Stern.

[10/16/17 - 08:20 AM]
Best of HBO International Series to Arrive on U.S. Service in December
Beginning in December, two series from each of the regions will arrive on the U.S. streaming services HBO GO and HBO NOW as well as HBO On Demand.

[10/16/17 - 08:16 AM]
Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: "Sunday Night Football" Powers Another NBC Victory
Plus: CBS gets a boost to its lineup with a primetime NFL overrun.

[10/16/17 - 07:21 AM]
HGTV's "Property Brothers at Home: Drew's Honeymoon House" Premieres on Wednesday, Nov. 22, at 9 p.m. ET/PT
The five-episode series will follow the Scott brothers as they complete a massive renovation of the couple's first home together in Los Angeles.

[10/15/17 - 09:02 AM]
Saturday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC, College Football Top Demos
The Alphabet wins the night among adults 18-49 while CBS is the most-watched network.

[10/15/17 - 08:56 AM]
"Saturday Night Live" Generates Season Highs & the Show's 2nd Strongest Week 3 Metered-Market Rating in 6 Years
NBC spins the numbers for Saturday, October 14.

[10/14/17 - 08:21 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Takes Home Victory in Viewers, Demos
The Eye's trio of dramas top the night in both categories.