[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[01/31/15 - 08:47 AM]
"Grimm" Retains 92% of Last Week's Rating in Adults 18-49, Which Matched Its Highest Result Since Its Season Debut
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, January 30.

[01/31/15 - 08:39 AM]
ABC Wins Friday with the Top 2 Shows - "20/20" Hits 10-Week Highs
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, January 30.

[01/31/15 - 08:35 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Takes Home Demo Crown with "Shark Tank"
The network's reality mainstay leads the night among adults 18-49.

[01/30/15 - 03:44 PM]
Video: "Game of Thrones" - Season 5 Trailer
The show's 10-episode fifth season kicks off on Sunday, April 12 at 9:00/8:00c.

[01/30/15 - 02:01 PM]
Production Has Started in New Orleans on "Zoo," CBS's New Drama Series Based on James Patterson's Bestselling Novel
The series starring James Wolk, Kristen Connolly, Billy Burke, Nora Arnezeder and Nonso Anozie will premiere in summer 2015.

[01/30/15 - 01:30 PM]
HBO Greenlights Miniseries "Lewis and Clark," Starring Casey Affleck and Matthias Schoenaerts, With Production to Begin This Summer
Edward Norton, Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner, Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman are among the executive producers.

[01/30/15 - 01:01 PM]
Airdate of March 25 Set for "Nashville: On the Record 2," One Hour Music Special Featuring Performances by the Cast and Special Superstar Guest Reba
Direct from Nashville's world famous Grand Ole Opry House, cast members of ABC's acclaimed primetime series "Nashville" will take the stage to perform songs from the show and provide candid interviews backstage.

[01/30/15 - 11:34 AM]
ABC Family Begins Production and Announces Cast of Two Comedy Pilots: "Kevin from Work" and "Tough Cookie"
Both pilots are single-camera and are shooting in Los Angeles.

[01/30/15 - 11:24 AM]
HGTV Delivers Highest Rated Wednesday Night in Its History with "Property Brothers" and "House Hunters"
HGTV spins the numbers for Wednesday, January 28.

[01/30/15 - 10:30 AM]
USA Network Announces Super Bowl Spot for "Dig"
The 15-second spot will feature clips from the international production, premiering Thursday, March 5 at 10:00/9:00c.

[01/30/15 - 09:18 AM]
Chart Topping Fall Out Boy and Charli XCX Will Get the Party Started for Super Bowl XLIX at "VH1 + Papa John's(R) Super Bowl Blitz: A Concert for the Troops"
Joining tonight's celebration is Super Bowl XLIX's esteemed National Anthem singer Idina Menzel.

[01/30/15 - 09:06 AM]
"Rosie O'Donnell: A Heartfelt Stand Up," A Unique Hybrid of Comedy, Confession and Life-Saving Information, Debuts Feb. 14, Exclusively on HBO
Taped at the Levity Live Comedy Club inside the Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack, NY, the special showcases O'Donnell's skills as a laugh-out-loud stand-up comedian, while incorporating a vital message literally near and dear to her heart.

[01/30/15 - 08:44 AM]
Series Finale of "Parenthood" Delivers Its Biggest Overall Audience Since December 11, 2012
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, January 29.

[01/30/15 - 08:36 AM]
ABC Dominates the First Night of the February Sweep with the Return of TGIT, Scoring its Highest Adult 18-49 Rating Since Season-Premiere Thursday
ABC spins the numbers for Thursday, January 29.

[01/30/15 - 08:34 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC's Dramas Return with a Demo Victory
"Scandal" and "Grey's Anatomy" return up double-digits from their fall finales in adults 18-49.