[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[10/22/14 - 04:00 PM]
New Primetime Special "Sofia the First: The Curse of Princess Ivy" to Premiere Sunday, November 23 on Disney Channel
The high-stakes adventure features a special appearance by Rapunzel, voiced by Mandy Moore, who reprises her role from Disney's "Tangled."

[10/22/14 - 03:19 PM]
Bravo Media Renews "Below Deck" for Third Season as Finale Earns Highest-Rated Episode of the Season with Over 1.4 Million Total Viewers
Plus: look for "The Crew Tells All" next Tuesday, October 28 and a reunion special the following Tuesday, November 4.

[10/22/14 - 01:40 PM]
World Series Game 1 Drives FOX to Prime Time Ratings Win
FOX Sports spins the numbers for Tuesday, October 21.

[10/22/14 - 01:37 PM]
Lifetime Greenlights Limited Series "Lizzie Borden: The Fall River Chronicles"
Christina Ricci will reprise her haunting role as the notorious murder suspect she portrayed in the network's hit original movie "Lizzie Borden Took An Ax."

[10/22/14 - 01:14 PM]
Sneak Play of "Becoming," from LeBron James' Springhill Production Company and ESPN Films, Added at 5:30 P.M. Sunday, October 26 on Disney XD
It will also be presented in the previously announced 8:00 p.m. timeslot on Disney XD and on Friday, November 7 (7:00 p.m., ET/4:00 p.m., PT) on ESPN.

[10/22/14 - 12:44 PM]
Animal Planet's "Finding Bigfoot" Returns with Search for World's Largest Sasquatch
On Sunday, November 9, the series returns with a special two-hour episode that takes Bigfoot Field Research Organization (BFRO) president Matt Moneymaker, researchers James "Bobo" Fay and Cliff Barackman and skeptical scientist Ranae Holland off to the wilds of Alaska.

[10/22/14 - 11:31 AM]
Syfy's Hit Competition Series "Face Off" to Return for Eighth Season January 13 at 9PM
In a twist on the show's traditional format, three former champions, Rayce Bird (Season 2), Anthony Kosar (Season 4) and Laura Tyler (Season 5), will return in the premiere and select teams of five new artists who they will coach throughout the season.

[10/22/14 - 11:14 AM]
ABC Grows Year to Year in Total Viewers and Holds Steady in Adults 18-49
ABC spins the numbers for the weeks of September 22-October 19.

[10/22/14 - 11:05 AM]
Comedy Icon Steve Coogan to Star in "Happyish" on Showtime(R)
He'll succeed the late Philip Seymour Hoffman in the project, a comedic, soul-searching examination of our pursuit of happiness, a pursuit that might just be the very thing causing our unhappiness in the first place.

[10/22/14 - 11:04 AM]
Discovery Family Channel to Premiere the Third Season of Hasbro Studios' Popular Animated Series "Transformers Rescue Bots," November 1
The season three premiere of "Transformers Rescue Bots" returns with the episode "Land Before Prime," where Optimus Prime is forced to embrace his primal side when the Rescue Bots discover a mysterious island filled with dinosaurs.

[10/22/14 - 10:58 AM]
"NCIS: New Orleans" Delivers Its Highest Adults 18-49 Rating Since Its Series Premiere
CBS spins the numbers for Tuesday, October 21.

[10/22/14 - 10:49 AM]
First-Ever LEGO(R) Batman Television Special, "LEGO DC Comics: Batman: Be-Leaguered," Premieres October 27 on Cartoon Network
Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this powerhouse partnership between the LEGO Group and DC Entertainment is a funny, lighthearted tale new to the DC Comics universe.

[10/22/14 - 10:42 AM]
"CMA Country Christmas" Adds Performances by Alan Jackson, and Brad Paisley with Rock Legend Steven Tyler
Artists previously announced include Dan + Shay, Brett Eldredge, Sara Evans, Lucy Hale, Hunter Hayes, Little Big Town, Idina Menzel, Nettles, LeAnn Rimes, Michael W. Smith, and Carrie Underwood.

[10/22/14 - 10:41 AM]
Inspired by the Success of "Shark Tank" ABC Announces the Launch of "Beyond the Tank"
"Beyond the Tank" will feature a look back at past "Shark Tank" pitches and deals to examine the highs and lows that can come from an appearance in the tank.

[10/22/14 - 10:31 AM]
TNT Greenlights "Cold Justice" Spinoff
Rather than tackling homicides, however, the new series will focus on sex crimes.