[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[08/20/14 - 10:00 AM]
Witness the Birth of a Brave New World and Meet the 15 Pioneers Building "Utopia"
The series kicks off with a special three-night premiere, beginning on a special night, Sunday, September 7 at 8:00/7:00c.

[08/20/14 - 09:37 AM]
Showtime(R) Gives Acclaimed Drama Series "Ray Donovan" and "Masters of Sex" Season Three Pick-Ups
Both series will receive 12 one-hour episode orders, and will begin production in early 2015.

[08/20/14 - 09:04 AM]
CBS to Broadcast a Special "Doubleheader" of the Series Premiere of "Madam Secretary," Starring Tea Leoni, On the Same Night as Its Debut, Sunday, Sept. 21
Look for the pilot episode at 8:30/7:30c and 10:30/9:30c on said night.

[08/20/14 - 08:49 AM]
Hollywood Stars Align for Stand Up to Cancer Friday, September 5
Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Pierce Brosnan, Jennifer Aniston, Halle Berry, Jon Hamm, Kiefer Sutherland, Ben Stiller, Will Ferrell, Mark Harmon, Rob Lowe and more will appear in the broadcast.

[08/20/14 - 08:46 AM]
British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles(R) Announce Host Rob Brydon for the 2014 BAFTA Los Angeles Jaguar Britannia Awards Presented by BBC America
For the third year in a row, the BAFTA Los Angeles Jaguar Britannia Awards will be broadcast on BBC America, airing in primetime November 2.

[08/20/14 - 08:39 AM]
"America's Got Talent" Ranks as the #1 Show of the Night on the Big 4 in Every Key Measure
NBC spins the numbers for Tuesday, August 19.

[08/20/14 - 08:26 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: "Got Talent" Continues Its Reign for NBC
The Peacock once again leads the night among both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[08/20/14 - 08:21 AM]
Bravo Media Premieres a Wicked-Awesome New Season of "Top Chef" in Boston on Wednesday, October 15th at 10PM
Richard Blais will make his debut as a recurring judge offering the chef'testants guidance from a chef and a former competitor's point of view.

[08/20/14 - 08:08 AM]
Matchup of Last Season's Top Two Teams Manchester City v. Liverpool Mon., Aug. 25 on NBCSN Highlights Week 2 Premier League Action
NBC Sports Group's coverage on Saturday kicks off with Premier League Live at 7 a.m. ET followed by Aston Villa v. Newcastle at 7:45 a.m. ET on NBCSN.

[08/20/14 - 07:32 AM]
Carrie Underwood & 11 NFL Players Star in "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night" Debuting Sept. 7, On NBC's "Sunday Night Football"
Jimmy Graham, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Clay Matthews, LeSean McCoy and Philip Rivers are among those featured.

[08/20/14 - 07:00 AM]
AMC Renews "Halt and Catch Fire" for Second Season
The show will return to AMC next summer.

[08/20/14 - 06:06 AM]
Hallmark Channel Announces the Creation of the First-Ever "Feline Football League"
The kittens will participate in season games for the chance to claw their way to the end zone in the 2nd annual classic, "Kitten Bowl II," premiering Su-purr Bowl Sunday 2015.

[08/19/14 - 06:11 PM]
New On Hulu: "Selfie," "A to Z," "The Hotwives of Orlando" Season Finale and More
Both ABC's "Selfie" and NBC's "A to Z" pilots are available now in advance of their on air premieres.

[08/19/14 - 05:15 PM]
"Brooklyn Nine-Nine" Cuffs Eva Longoria as Guest Star on Three-Episode Arc This Fall on FOX
She'll play a defense attorney who catches Jake's (Andy Samberg) attention when she faces off against him in court.

[08/19/14 - 04:40 PM]
NBC Drops "Working the Engels" in Favor of Back-to-Back Originals from "Welcome to Sweden"
The Peacock will opt for new episodes of "Sweden" at 9:00/8:00c and 9:30/8:30c beginning this Thursday, August 21.