[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[10/25/14 - 09:00 AM]
"The Blacklist" Grows by a Season-High 65% in 18-49 Going from Live + Same Day to Live +3
NBC further spins the numbers for Monday, October 20.

[10/25/14 - 08:59 AM]
Season Debut of "Grimm" Delivers the Show's Top Rating Since March 21
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, October 24.

[10/25/14 - 08:38 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: World Series Once Again Pushes FOX in Front
Said coverage bumps ABC and CBS to second place in adults 18-49 and total viewers, respectively.

[10/25/14 - 08:28 AM]
ABC Beats NBC's Friday Debuts - "Shark Tank" and "20/20" Rank as Top 2 Series in Adults 18-49
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, October 24.

[10/24/14 - 08:36 PM]
Video: "Empire" - The Sexy, New Powerful Drama Coming to FOX in January 2015
Watch the new promo that just debuted following tonight's World Series coverage on the network.

[10/24/14 - 08:02 PM]
ABC Cancels "Manhattan Love Story"
The previously announced special "The Great Christmas Light Fight" will fill its time period this coming Tuesday while a full hour of "Selfie" has been booked for November 4.

[10/24/14 - 12:08 PM]
Oscar(R) Nominee Paul Giamatti and Golden Globe(R) Winner Damian Lewis Cast as Leads in the Showtime(R) Drama Project "Billions"
Acclaimed director Neil Burger (The Illusionist, Divergent, Limitless) has signed on to direct the drama pilot, which will be filmed in New York in early 2015.

[10/24/14 - 11:22 AM]
ABC Family's "Pretty Little Liars" Social Platforms to Give Fans a Behind-the-Scenes Look at Janel Parrish's "Pretty Little Liars"-Themed Dance
The ABC Family social media team has partnered with "Dancing with the Stars" to give "PLL" fans an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Janel and her professional partner, Valentin Chmerkovskiy, as they get ready for their big performance.

[10/24/14 - 11:14 AM]
TV Land Presents: A Frightfully Funny "Roseanne" Halloween Marathon Event
TV Land will honor these notorious tricksters with a full-day marathon event that highlights "Roseanne's" Halloween episodes, leaving viewers cackling on Sunday, October 26 from 6:00 AM- 6:00 PM ET/PT!

[10/24/14 - 11:02 AM]
"Once Upon A Time" to Air Special Two-Hour Event "Smash the Mirror" on Sunday, November 16
Look for back-to-back episodes beginning at 8:00/7:00c on said night.

[10/24/14 - 11:00 AM]
"Marvel's Agent Carter" Rounds Out Cast with Lyndsy Fonseca
She'll play an aspiring actress living in 1946 New York, who will befriend Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) as she herself seeks to find her place in the post-war world.

[10/24/14 - 10:52 AM]
NBC Expands "The Voice" Live Playoffs with Extra Hour, Night
The Peacock will pre-empt "Marry Me" and "About a Boy" on Tuesday, November 11 as well as "The Mysteries of Laura" on Wednesday, November 12 to make room for the expanded "Voice" editions.

[10/24/14 - 09:46 AM]
Four-Time Emmy Winner Jim Parsons to Star in NBC's Animated Holiday Event "Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas"
The one-hour special premieres Tuesday, December 16 at 8:00/7:00c on the network.

[10/24/14 - 09:35 AM]
Terrifying Monsters Run Amok During Animal Planet's Inauguaral "Beastly Nights" Programming Event
Just in time for Halloween, Animal Planet unleashes five nights of cryptic creatures, near-death tales and never-before-seen footage.

[10/24/14 - 09:16 AM]
CBS Stars Get Social with a Week-Long #CBSInstagramTakeover Oct. 27 - Nov. 2!
In addition to Instagram, fans can follow along on the series' Facebook pages and CBS.com.