[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[08/29/16 - 02:28 PM]
NBC's "The New Celebrity Apprentice," "Grimm" and "Emerald City" Receive January Debut Dates
"Grimm" will begin its sixth and final season on Friday, January 6 at 8:00/7:00c.

[08/29/16 - 01:23 PM]
"Indian Summers," Season 2 on "Masterpiece" on PBS
Look for the new season Sunday nights beginning September 11 through November 20.

[08/29/16 - 12:34 PM]
Video: Starz Releases Official Season Two Key Art and Video for Original Series "Ash vs Evil Dead"
Season Two kicks off with a double-deadite battle royale interrupting the party, Ash is forced to return back to his hometown of Elk Grove, Michigan... and as always, Evil follows him.

[08/29/16 - 12:29 PM]
"Flip or Flop" Helps Deliver More Than Seven Million Total Viewers to HGTV
HGTV spins the numbers for Thursday, August 25.

[08/29/16 - 12:26 PM]
Smithsonian Channel(TM) Commemorates 9/11 on Fifteenth Anniversary with Special Day of Programming
Smithsonian Channel will mark the fifteenth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks with a special day of programming on Sunday, September 11.

[08/29/16 - 12:24 PM]
Nickelodeon Takes Skateboarding to New Heights in "Jagger Eaton's Mega Life," New Docu-Series Premiering Friday, Sept. 9, at 7:30 P.M. (ET/PT)
The 20-episode series follows Eaton as he immerses himself in the world of his sports idols - Chris Bosh, Leticia Bufoni, Bubba Wallace, Larry Fitzgerald, Erika Lang, to name a few, who are pushing their limits and inspiring others to do the same.

[08/29/16 - 12:12 PM]
"Three Days of Terror: The Charlie Hebdo Attacks," An Unprecedented Look at the Jan. 2015 Al-Qaeda and ISIS Attacks in Paris, Debuts Sept. 19 on HBO
Emmy(R) nominee Dan Reed ("Terror at the Mall") spotlights the courage and resilience of Parisian police and citizens.

[08/29/16 - 12:03 PM]
Freeform Announces the Series Finale of "Pretty Little Liars" and Premiere of I. Marlene King's New Series "Famous in Love"
Freeform announced the news today via a Facebook live interview with creator and showrunner I. Marlene King and cast members Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Lucy Hale, Shay Mitchell and Sasha Pieterse.

[08/29/16 - 11:59 AM]
Tori Amos Contributes Original Song "Flicker" to Netflix's Upcoming Documentary Audrie & Daisy
"Flicker" will be available on all major digital platforms on Friday, September 9.

[08/29/16 - 11:57 AM]
Showtime(R) Sets World Television Premiere of Award-Winning Documentary Film "Weiner"
Directed and produced by Josh Kriegman and Elyse Steinberg, the critically-acclaimed documentary will premiere Saturday, October 22 at 9:00/8:00c.

[08/29/16 - 11:26 AM]
Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale Lead Twelve Hopeless Bakers in an Intense Boot Camp on Food Network's "Worst Bakers in America"
The two stars of sweets attempt to mold these masters of cake-wrecks and colossal cookie-fails until one vastly-improved wannabe baker rises to the level of pastry perfection.

[08/29/16 - 11:11 AM]
David Boyd Joins as Producer/Director on Spike & TWC-Dimension Television Series "The Mist"
"I'm honored to be working alongside Christian Torpe and all his incisive talent, and all the focused people at Spike and Dimension," said Boyd.

[08/29/16 - 10:37 AM]
Video: #LoweRoast Preview Clips - Peyton Manning on a New Career Opportunity for Rob, Jewel Disses Ann Coulter
Look for the full telecast this Monday, September 5 on Comedy Central.

[08/29/16 - 10:35 AM]
Travel Channel Reveals the Compelling Challenges and Stories Behind Mount Everest Climbs in "Everest Air"
Each hour-long episode provides a rare glimpse into the exhilarating encounters and unrivaled majesty that compel climbers to take on the world's highest peak.

[08/29/16 - 10:16 AM]
The CW Unveils Fall 2016 Key Art
Check out the posters for "Frequency," "No Tomorrow" and "Supergirl."