[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[05/27/15 - 10:59 AM]
Revised: New Hallmark Channel Original Movie World Premiere Dates For "June Weddings"
Now look for "Perfect Match" on Saturday, June 20; "A Country Wedding" on Sunday, June 21; and "Love, Again" on Saturday, June 27.

[05/27/15 - 10:11 AM]
From Bulls to Burgers and the "Men in Blazers" Esquire Network Announces Sizzling Summer Line-Up
Newcomers include "The Agent" on Tuesday, July 21 and "The Next Great Burger" on Wednesday, July 22.

[05/27/15 - 10:07 AM]
Spike TV Inks Season Seven of "Ink Master" And Creates Spin-Off Series "Ink Master: Redemption"
The network will launch the newest installment of "Ink Master" - season six - on Tuesday, June 23 at 10:00/9:00c.

[05/27/15 - 10:03 AM]
Destination America Brings More Action to the Ring Acquiring the Rights to Ring of Honor's Weekly Television Programming
The series will air Wednesdays at 8:00/7:00c, leading into "Impact Wrestling" at 9:00/8:00c, beginning June 3.

[05/27/15 - 10:00 AM]
TV One's Black Music Month Kicks Off with a New Season of "Unsung" Premiering Wednesday, June 3 at 8PM/ET
In a special episode, "Unsung Revisited," viewers will receive an update on artists, including Full Force, Zapp & Roger, Sylvester, and Miki Howard, who following their features on the series, have experienced profound changes to their lives and legacy.

[05/27/15 - 08:58 AM]
"Talent" and "I Can Do That" Are #1-2 Shows of the Night on the Big 4 Networks in Every Key Demo
NBC spins the numbers for Tuesday, May 26.

[05/27/15 - 08:34 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: "America's Got Talent" Returns on Top for NBC
The Peacock leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[05/27/15 - 08:33 AM]
Smithsonian Channel(TM) Examines the Real Stories Behind Visionary Innovators and Their World-Changing Ideas - "My Million Dollar Invention"
The eight-part series launches Sunday, June 14 at 8:00/7:00c on the network.

[05/27/15 - 08:33 AM]
ABC's "500 Questions" Earns Its 2nd-Best Adult 18-49 Rating
ABC spins the numbers for Tuesday, May 26.

[05/27/15 - 08:28 AM]
John Michael Higgins and Paula Marshall to Guest Star in ABC Family's Peabody Award-Winning Series "Switched at Birth"
They're set as the parents of Daphne's boyfriend, Mingo.

[05/27/15 - 08:26 AM]
Comedy Central's New Historical and Satirical Series "Another Period" Premieres June 23 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT
Natasha Leggero and Riki Lindhome co-star in the newcomer, which they also co-created.

[05/27/15 - 07:31 AM]
Discovery Family Channel Brings Audiences Back to the Kalahari Desert with a Decidely "Downton" Twist in Two 90 Minute Specials, "Meerkat Manor: The Monarchy Begins" and "Meerkat Manor: The Monarchy Under Attack"
The specials feature entirely new narration inspired by ITV (UK) and PBS' smash-hit British period drama, packaged with reversioned footage from the series' first two seasons.

[05/27/15 - 07:28 AM]
New Additions to the Season Seven Cast of "Nick Cannon Presents Wild 'N Out" Feature Hot Comedic Talent and Social Media All-Stars
DC Young Fly, Matt Rife, Darren Brand, Aarona Lopez, TattooManPaige and Hunter Stiebel are among the new additions.

[05/27/15 - 07:09 AM]
BBC America's "Doctor Who" Set for Hall H Panel at Comic-Con
Capaldi's first season delivered BBC America its highest rated season ever and is available now on all digital platforms.

[05/27/15 - 06:57 AM]
"Over My Dead Body" with Linda Hamilton Adds Edge-of-Your-Seat Action to Investigation Discovery's June Programming Slate
Said effort is an adrenaline-fueled, 12-episode docu-series premiering Monday, June 15 at 10:00/9:00c and 10:30/9:30c.