[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (BRAVO)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[05/21/19 - 02:02 PM]
The Milestone 10th Season of "MasterChef" Kicks Off with Another Crop of Talented Home Cooks
This season, the judges take the series to new heights, selecting just 20 incredible home cooks from a batch of top-notch culinary talent.

[05/21/19 - 01:41 PM]
CBS Is America's Most-Watched Network in 2018-2019 for Third Consecutive Season Across Primetime, Daytime and Late Night
CBS further spins the numbers for the season to date.

[05/21/19 - 12:18 PM]
Oxygen Presents New Series "License to Kill" Hosted by Dr. Terry Dubrow on Sunday, June 23 at 7PM ET/PT
The series chronicles the harrowing accounts of patients put into jeopardy by medical professionals' insidious use of their expertise.

[05/21/19 - 11:13 AM]
Bravo and Oxygen Roll Out Robust Slate of New Digital Intiatives in 2019
Bravo and Oxygen announced several new digital initiatives that will roll out this year, including loyalty programs for both networks, and the launch of 11 new and returning video series.

[05/21/19 - 09:51 AM]
NBC Wins the September-to-May Season in 18-49 for the 5th Time in 6 Years
NBC further spins the numbers for the season to date.

[05/21/19 - 09:30 AM]
Werewolves Join Zombies and Cheerleaders as the "Mighty Shrimp" in "Zombies 2," the Eagerly Awaited Disney Channel Original Movie Sequel
Actors Pearce Joza, Chandler Kinney and top social media personality Ariel Martin will join the cast of the Disney Channel Original Movie, debuting next year.

[05/21/19 - 09:02 AM]
Season Four of Popular HLN Original Docu-Series "Death Row Stories" Premieres Sunday, June 2
Formerly on CNN, now exclusively airing on HLN, the eight-episode original series explores the fallibility of the ultimate criminal penalty, capital punishment.

[05/21/19 - 08:12 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Tops Viewers, Shares Demo Crown with ABC
"The Voice" and "The Bachelorette" both lead the night among adults 18-49.

[05/21/19 - 08:12 AM]
Smithsonian Channel(TM) Marks the 50-Year Anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising in "Smithsonian Time Capsule: Beyond Stonewall"
The documentary premieres Monday, June 24 at 8:00/7:00c on the network.

[05/21/19 - 07:48 AM]
Video: Episode Titles & Trailers - "Black Mirror" Season 5
As previously announced, the new season rolls out Wednesday, June 5 on Netflix.

[05/21/19 - 07:31 AM]
Date Announce & New Images: "The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance" on Netflix
Leading the voice cast are Taron Egerton, Anya Taylor-Joy, and Nathalie Emmanuel, as Rian, Brea and Deet, three Gelfling heroes.

[05/21/19 - 06:32 AM]
CBS' "The Late Late Show with James Corden" Returns to London to Broadcast Special Episodes from the Historic Central Hall Westminster, June 17-20
The London broadcasts will feature Gillian Anderson, Millie Bobby Brown, Jessica Chastain, Michael Fassbender, Paul Giamatti, Tom Hanks, Chris Hemsworth, Lily James, James McAvoy, Ian McKellen, Simon Pegg, Sophie Turner and more.

[05/21/19 - 06:01 AM]
Starz Announces July 14th Global Premiere Date and Releases Official Key Art for "Sweetbitter" Season Two
Ella Purnell, Caitlin FitzGerald, Tom Sturridge and Paul Sparks co-star in the new season.

[05/21/19 - 06:01 AM]
Video: Trailer & Key Art Debut - "Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City" - Launching on Netflix June 7
Inspired by the books of Armistead Maupin, the Netflix limited series begins a new chapter in the beloved story.

[05/21/19 - 06:01 AM]
"CMT Crossroads" Returns to Downtown Nashville with Star-Studded Summer Block Party Featuring Brooks & Dunn and Friends Premiering Friday, June 28 at 10PM ET
Fans are invited to attend the "CMT Crossroads" taping on Tuesday, June 4, at the corner of 5th and Broadway in downtown Nashville.