[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[04/20/15 - 02:56 PM]
Video: Pastor Buddy Wishes You A Happy 420
Watch TV Land's new promo for its upcoming Michael Rosenbaum-led series "Impastor."

[04/20/15 - 02:10 PM]
CBS Pushes "Stalker" Return Up to Monday, April 27 at 9:00/8:00c
The freshman drama was previous scheduled to resume the following Monday, May 4.

[04/20/15 - 02:09 PM]
CBS to Keep "Mom" at 9:00/8:00c on Thursdays for Remainder of Season
The series had been airing in said time period for the past two weeks.

[04/20/15 - 01:38 PM]
FOX Sports Goes on the Clock with Multi-Platform, NFL Draft Special
Coverage is also available to all users through FOX Sports GO, the app that provides live-streaming video of FOX Sports content, as well as on FOXSports.com.

[04/20/15 - 01:20 PM]
ESPN Statement on SEC Network Analyst Tim Tebow
"We appreciate Tim's contributions to the launch of SEC Network and wish him all the best as he pursues his NFL dream," said the network.

[04/20/15 - 11:31 AM]
ABC Family Has Cast Dominic Sherwood as 'Jace Wayland,' The Male Lead for the Saga Series "Shadowhunters"
Narcissistic, and lethally gorgeous, Jace is a determined and expert Shadowhunter.

[04/20/15 - 10:55 AM]
"Live with Kelly and Michael" Travels to California for Disneyland Resort 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration
Mariah Carey, Dwayne Johnson, Christina Aguilera and Jimmy Kimmel are among those scheduled for the weeklong stunt, airing May 18-22.

[04/20/15 - 10:39 AM]
Shawn Mendes, Sheppard & Tori Kelly Set to Perform at 2015 Radio Disney Music Awards
Also taking the RDMA stage are previously announced performers Nick Jonas, Becky G, R5, Sabrina Carpenter, Natalie La Rose and Fifth Harmony, and the show's superstar host, Zendaya.

[04/20/15 - 10:35 AM]
Live + 7 Day Ratings: Despite Easter Sunday Pre-Emptions, ABC Still Had 6 of the Week's Top 10 Biggest Broadcast Gainers in Adults 18-49
ABC further spins the numbers for the week of March 30-April 5.

[04/20/15 - 10:11 AM]
VH1's "Top 20 Countdown" Returns as "The 20" with New Host YouTube Star Shannon Coffey on Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 9AM ET/PT
Coffey brings her comedic wit to VH1 as the new host for the weekly two-hour program counting down the most popular videos of the week.

[04/20/15 - 10:03 AM]
Showtime(R) Offers Early Sampling for the Premieres of New Comedy "HAPPYish" and Psychological Thriller "Penny Dreadful" Across Multiple Platforms Now
Said offerings premiere Sunday, April 26 and Sunday, May 3, respectively, on the pay channel.

[04/20/15 - 09:52 AM]
The "50th Academy of Country Music Awards" Delivers Its Largest Audience Since 1998
CBS spins the numbers for Sunday, April 19.

[04/20/15 - 09:36 AM]
Rugged Adventurers Haul Critical Cargo Through the Untamed Wilderness, Making Their Living on the "Dead End Express"
National Geographic Channel's latest original series launches Thursday, May 7 at 10:00/9:00c.

[04/20/15 - 09:32 AM]
HBO Goes Green with Hit Web Comedy Series "High Maintenance," Co-Created and Written by Katja Blichfeld and Ben Sinclair, To Produce New Episodes Exclusively for HBO
The series stars Sinclair as "The Guy," a friendly pot dealer whose clients include an eccentric group of characters, revealing the dynamics of their lives.

[04/20/15 - 09:08 AM]
Live + 3 Day Ratings: ABC's "SHIELD" Emerges as the #1 Program in Tuesday's 9pm Hour in Adults 18-49
ABC further spins the numbers for Tuesday, April 14.