[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[08/23/17 - 01:07 PM]
EPIX(R) Gets More "Get Shorty" - Original Series from MGM Television Renewed for Season Two
The dark comedy, based in part on the 1990's bestselling Elmore Leonard novel of the same name and created for television by Davey Holmes, will return in 2018 with 10 all-new episodes.

[08/23/17 - 12:59 PM]
Science Channel's Live Coverage of the "Great American Eclipse" Shines Through to One Million Total Viewers
Science Channel spins the numbers for Monday, August 21.

[08/23/17 - 11:21 AM]
A&E Network's Emmy-Winning Original Docuseries "Born This Way" Renewed for Fourth Season
The 2017 Emmy(R) nominee and 2016 Emmy(R) winner for Outstanding Unstructured Reality Series will return for eight brand-new episodes that will continue to follow the lives of an inspiring group of young men and women born with Down syndrome.

[08/23/17 - 10:47 AM]
"South Park" Takes Over Comedy Central with an Historic Eight-Day Marathon Including More Than 250 Back-to-Back Episodes Leading Up to the Season 21 Premiere
Kicking off on Wednesday, September 6, the eight-day marathon will feature 254 episodes airing all-day, every day until the season 21 premiere on Wednesday, September 13.

[08/23/17 - 10:24 AM]
Netflix Announces Original Documentaries "Joan Didion: The Center Will Not Hold" and "Voyeur"
Both films will premiere at the 55th New York Film Festival.

[08/23/17 - 10:13 AM]
E! Renews Breakout Series "Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry" for Season Three
The series follows Tyler Henry, one of Hollywood's go-to mediums, as he connects celebrities with their deceased loved ones through profound validations in hopes of coming to terms with their passing.

[08/23/17 - 09:33 AM]
Showtime(R) Acquires Rare Prince Concert Film "Sign O' the Times"
The film will air on American television for the first time in more than a decade, premiering September 16 at 9:00/8:00c.

[08/23/17 - 09:30 AM]
BBC America's "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" Returns October 14
Max Landis created and executive produces the series with Robert Cooper serving as executive producer and showrunner.

[08/23/17 - 09:24 AM]
Welcome to No Man's Land - "Godless" Premieres November 22 on Netflix
Jeff Daniels, Michelle Dockery and Jack O'Connell star in the seven-episode series, from Steven Soderbergh, Casey Silver and Scott Frank.

[08/23/17 - 08:22 AM]
It's a Full House on Season Six of Bravo Media's "Don't Be Tardy..." Premiering Back-to-Back Episodes on Friday, October 6th at 8PM ET/PT
Through marital bliss, teenage drama, a family trip and a horrifying brush with danger, the Biermann's family bond is as solid as a rock.

[08/23/17 - 08:20 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC, "Got Talent" Cruise to Another Win
The Peacock easily wins the night among adults 18-49 as well as total viewers.

[08/23/17 - 07:05 AM]
Video: First Look at Netflix's Upcoming Adult Animated Comedy "Big Mouth"
"Big Mouth" is a 10-episode, half-hour edgy adult animated comedy from real-life best friends Nick Kroll and Andrew Goldberg about the glorious nightmare that is teenaged puberty.

[08/23/17 - 06:24 AM]
BBC America's New Thriller "Killing Eve" Commences Filming Across Europe
Starring Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer, the series - a combination of brutal mischief making and pathos - is filled with sharp humor, originality and high stakes action.

[08/23/17 - 06:02 AM]
Hallmark Hall of Fame Original "The Christmas Train" Begins Production Today
Dermot Mulroney, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Joan Cusack and Danny Glover co-star in the project, due on Saturday, November 25.

[08/23/17 - 05:31 AM]
Maria Menounos and Former Miss America Nina Davuluri Added to Celebrity Judges Panel for the Final Night of "The 2018 Miss America Competition" on ABC
The judges panel will evaluate the contestants' performances in Lifestyle and Fitness, Evening Wear, Talent, Interview and On-Stage questions during "The 2018 Miss America Competition."