[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[08/01/14 - 01:49 PM]
DIY Network Achieved Most-Watched July Primetime Ever Among P25-54 Viewers in July
DIY Network spins the numbers for the month of July.

[08/01/14 - 01:18 PM]
ESPN Goes to Portland for the 2014 MLS All-Star Game
ESPN media platforms will combine to provide unprecedented coverage of the game, between a team of Major League Soccer All-Stars and Bayern Munich on Wednesday, August 6.

[08/01/14 - 01:15 PM]
HGTV Scores Best July Ever
HGTV spins the numbers for the month of July.

[08/01/14 - 11:01 AM]
The Walt Disney Company and the National Cable Television Cooperative Announce Robust Long-Term Distribution Agreement
As part of the new multi-year deal, the NCTC will introduce several new services, including the full suite of authenticated WATCH and video-on-demand products.

[08/01/14 - 10:55 AM]
Live Twitter(R) Chat with "The Quest" Executive Producers and the First Eliminated Contestant, Friday, August 1
Join Mark Ordesky, Jane Fleming, Rob Eric and the first Paladin banished from Everealm as they answer your questions about last night's exciting series premiere.

[08/01/14 - 10:20 AM]
Dierks Bentley Brings a Special Performance from His Headlining Riser Tour to CMT's "Hot 20 Countdown" This Weekend as Part of the Mountain Dew(R) CMT Summer Concert Series
Bentley has invited the series on the road of his tour, making special appearances in all four installments and bringing fans new videos along with a behind-the-scenes look from the road.

[08/01/14 - 09:01 AM]
Sarah Hyland to Co-Host "Teen Choice 2014" Sunday, August 10, Live on FOX
Also scheduled to appear: Taylor Swift, Ansel Elgort, Victoria Justice, Collins Key, Laura and Vanessa Marano, Ian Somerhalder, Odeya Rush, Brenton Thwaites and Ariana Grande.

[08/01/14 - 08:48 AM]
"Last Comic Standing" Matches a Six-Week High in 18-49 Rating
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, July 31.

[08/01/14 - 08:32 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Continues Win Streak in Both Viewers, Demos
The Eye was the top draw among total viewers and adults 18-49 for the fifth consecutive week.

[08/01/14 - 08:30 AM]
ABC's "The Quest" Debut Ties a Summer Time-Slot High and "NY Med" Wins at 10pm with a Best-Since-Premiere Number
ABC spins the numbers for Thursday, July 31.

[08/01/14 - 07:46 AM]
Escape Acquires Rights to More Than 500 Episodes of Three Popular True Crime Television Series
"Snapped," "Unsolved Mysteries" and "Forensic Files" have all been licensed to the fledgling network.

[08/01/14 - 07:43 AM]
ESPN to Follow Path of USA Basketball Men's National Team to the "2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup"
The USA Basketball National team is coached by legendary Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski and potentially headlined by superstars Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Paul George, Derrick Rose and James Harden, among others.

[08/01/14 - 07:23 AM]
HBO Confirms Debut Date of "Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways" - Series to Launch Its Eight-Episode Season Friday, Oct. 17
Directed by Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl, each one-hour episode of the unprecedented documentary series is devoted to a different American musical landmark.

[08/01/14 - 07:03 AM]
FOX Sports 1 Kicks Off August with Big Week of Boxing
Sammy Vasquez Jr. and James Stevenson square off in a main event IBF/USBA Welterweight title bout presented by Mike Tyson's Iron Mike Productions on Friday, August 8.

[08/01/14 - 07:00 AM]
Science Channel's "Man vs. the Universe" Delves Into Mankind's New Race to Tame the Cosmos
The three-part series launches Wednesday, August 13 at 10:00/9:00c on the network.