[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[08/03/15 - 04:36 PM]
Vivica A. Fox, Romeo Miller and Debbi Morgan Lead Ensemble Cast in TV One's Original Holiday Movies
"Royal Family Thanksgiving" and "Royal Family Christmas" are both on tap for the holiday season.

[08/03/15 - 02:29 PM]
FOX Sports Announces CONCACAF Champions League Schedule
In all, 16 CONCACAF Champions League games are televised live across FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer Plus from August to October.

[08/03/15 - 02:25 PM]
"Save My Life: Boston Trauma" Is Up by Double Digits to Series Highs Among Key Women
ABC News spins the numbers for Sunday, August 2.

[08/03/15 - 02:24 PM]
"Boston EMS" Grows Over Its Week-Ago Premiere in Total Viewers
ABC News spins the numbers for Saturday, August 1.

[08/03/15 - 02:17 PM]
Jon Stewart Enters Final Week of Hosting "The Daily Show" - Final Show to Air as Super-Sized Episode on Aug. 6 at 11 p.m.
Guests scheduled to appear this week include Amy Schumer, Denis Leary and Louis C.K.

[08/03/15 - 01:04 PM]
FX Networks Acquires Latest Box Office #1 Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
In addition, FX Networks has acquired the hit comedy Trainwreck, which has grossed nearly $80 million domestically, Spy, Pixels and Paper Towns.

[08/03/15 - 01:00 PM]
Science Channel Moves Up the Men 25-54 Ranker in July
Science Channel further spins the numbers for the month of July.

[08/03/15 - 12:58 PM]
ESPN to Televise Three Prime-Time Pittsburgh Pirates Games from PNC Park This Week
ESPN will televise three prime-time Pittsburgh Pirates games from PNC Park this week, beginning with Monday Night Baseball presented by USAA - Chicago Cubs at Pirates - tonight at 7:00/6:00c.

[08/03/15 - 12:31 PM]
ESPN's Presentation of the 2015 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony
Host Trey Wingo will anchor coverage on ESPN (and WatchESPN) from Canton, Ohio, with NFL analyst Tom Jackson, senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen and national correspondent Sal Paolantonio.

[08/03/15 - 12:30 PM]
Emmy and Golden Globe Award Winner Jane Lynch Hosts "CBS Fall Preview," A Special Presenting a "First Look" at the Network's New Fall Series, To Be Broadcast Monday, Sept. 7
In addition, the special will be available on demand across multiple platforms through September 30.

[08/03/15 - 11:27 AM]
Hannah Storm Interviews Sports Newsmakers in "Face to Face" Special Thursday
The guests represent all levels of athletic achievement, from amateur to collegiate sports and the Olympic Games to the professional spotlight of the NFL, NBA and MLB.

[08/03/15 - 11:09 AM]
"Under the Dome" Is the Week's Top Program in Live +7-Day Viewer Lift
CBS further spins the numbers for the week of July 13-19.

[08/03/15 - 10:16 AM]
Bravo Media Will Keep Calm and Carry on with "Ladies of London" Season Two Premiering September 7th at 10:00PM ET/PT
This season brings an extra whimsical dose of fun from new cast member and Danish Baroness, Caroline Fleming.

[08/03/15 - 10:10 AM]
ABC Family's "Baby Daddy" Hits 1 1/2 Year High in Total Viewers and Near 7 Month Highs and Across Key 18-34, 18-49 and 12-34 Demos
ABC Family further spins the numbers for Wednesday, July 29.

[08/03/15 - 10:08 AM]
"College GameDay" Season to Open from Sundance Square on September 5
The weekly three-hour Emmy Award-winning show (Saturdays, 9 a.m.-noon ET) will open September 5 in advance of the annual neutral-site matchup from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.