[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (BRAVO)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[06/22/18 - 12:59 PM]
E!'s "Total Bellas" Hits Another Series High Pulling in Over 1.2 Million Total Viewers and 11% Increase Among W18-49
E! further spins the numbers for Sunday, June 17.

[06/22/18 - 11:56 AM]
Snoop Dogg, Ledisi, Marsha Ambrosius, Sly Pyper, Tye Tribbett to Perform and John Legend, Tyra Banks, Terry Crews, Anderson.Paak, Lakeith Stanfield to Present at "BET Awards" 2018 with Appearances by DJ Khaled, Wale and More
Hosted by Jamie Foxx, the "BET Awards" 2018 will air live on Sunday, June 24 at 8 pm ET from the Microsoft Theatre in Los Angeles, CA on BET.

[06/22/18 - 11:00 AM]
All-New Special "iHeartCountry Festival," Celebrating the Best in Country Music, To Air Sunday, August 5, on FOX
Filmed at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, the event will feature performances by Luke Bryan, Keith Urban, Sugarland, Dustin Lynch, Cole Swindell, Maren Morris, Luke Combs, Billy Currington, Dan + Shay and Mason Ramsey, among others.

[06/22/18 - 10:08 AM]
Carlos Saldanha and Netflix Will Unveil "Invisible Cities," New Brazilian Original Series
In the series, there is an underground world inhabited by mythical creatures evolved from a deep lineage of Brazilian folklore.

[06/22/18 - 08:25 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Repeats Top Original Competition
The Eye wins the night in total viewers, shares the adults 18-49 crown with FOX.

[06/22/18 - 08:14 AM]
NBC Cancels "Timeless," Eyes Wrap Up Movie
Executive producer Shawn Ryan confirmed both developments this morning.

[06/22/18 - 08:00 AM]
Video: Trailer for Netflix Film "How It Ends" - Starring Theo James, Forest Whitaker and Kat Graham
As a mysterious apocalypse causes the spread of misinformation and violence, a man and his estranged father-in-law race across a chaotic and fractured country to save his pregnant wife.

[06/22/18 - 06:08 AM]
"The Terror," AMC's First Anthology Series, Renewed for a Second Season
The next iteration of "The Terror" anthology will be set during World War II and center on an uncanny specter that menaces a Japanese-American community from its home in Southern California to the internment camps to the war in the Pacific.

[06/21/18 - 06:03 PM]
A Message from The Order of X - "Dear White People" Vol. 3 Renewal
"Dear White People" is a send-up of the now post "post-racial" America that weaves together a universal story of finding one's own identity and forging a wholly unique path.

[06/21/18 - 05:30 PM]
ABC Picks Up "The Conners" (Working Title) Straight to Series to Premiere This Fall
The series, featuring John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson and Michael Fishman as their beloved Conner characters, is set to air Tuesdays (8:00-8:30 p.m.).

[06/21/18 - 03:04 PM]
Marco Pigossi Comes to Netflix
Pigossi joins the main cast of "Tidelands," a supernatural crime drama, and the first Australian Netflix original series.

[06/21/18 - 02:49 PM]
Felicity Huffman Joins Angela Bassett and Patricia Arquette in "Otherhood" for Netflix
Cindy Chupack is directing the film, which is based on William Sutcliffe's novel "Whatever Makes You Happy."

[06/21/18 - 02:09 PM]
Netflix Makes Overall Deal with Steven S. DeKnight
Most recently, he was the writer and director on his first feature film "Pacific Rim Uprising."

[06/21/18 - 02:02 PM]
New Season of Travel Channel's "Ghost Adventures" Kicks Off with Record-Setting Ratings
Travel Channel further spins the numbers for Saturday, June 16.

[06/21/18 - 11:31 AM]
Lifetime Greenlights Trio of Movies from Global Best-Selling Author Jane Green for 2019 Movie Event
The first film in the series, "Tempting Fate," will star Alyssa Milano and begins production today in Vancouver.