[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[12/11/17 - 02:01 PM]
Video: Watch a Behind-the-Scenes Look at "A Christmas Story Live!" Airing This Sunday, Dec. 17, at 7/6c on FOX
Plus: FOX will donate a dollar to Toys For Tots, up to $20,000, as part of its Greatest GIFt promotion.

[12/11/17 - 12:21 PM]
MTV Unveils Provocative New Season of "Catfish: The TV Show" Wednesday, January 3 at 10:00 P.M. ET/PT
Hosts Nev Schulman and Max Joseph head to Los Angeles to detangle the deepest, darkest Catfish webs in franchise history as they track down online daters and bring them face-to-face for the first time.

[12/11/17 - 12:15 PM]
"Mosaic," Steven Soderbergh's Six-Part Limited Series Starring Sharon Stone, Debuts Over Five Consecutive Nights on HBO Starting Jan. 22
Set against the backdrop of a mountain resort town, "Mosaic" follows popular children's book author and illustrator Olivia Lake (Sharon Stone), whose literary success makes her a local celebrity in the tight-knit community.

[12/11/17 - 10:16 AM]
"Project Runway All Stars" Returns for Biggest Season Yet on January 4 Pitting Rookies Against Vets
Alyssa Milano returns as host with judges Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman and Anne Fulenwider, Editor-in-Chief of Marie Claire joining as mentor.

[12/11/17 - 10:00 AM]
History(R)'s Nonfiction Series "Hunting Hitler" Returns for Its Third and Final Season on Tuesday, January 2 at 10PM ET/PT
A recap special of the series is set to air on Tuesday, December 26 at 10PM ET/PT.

[12/11/17 - 09:01 AM]
Award-Winning Sitcom "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" to Make Syndication Debut on TBS in January 2018
The show will air consecutive episodes every Thursday from 7-11pm ET/PT on TBS.

[12/11/17 - 08:32 AM]
"Guy's Big Project" Produces Two New Series - "The Grill Dads" and "Eat, Sleep, BBQ"
Look for sneak peek airings of both new series this weekend.

[12/11/17 - 08:11 AM]
Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Rides "Sunday Night Football" to Another Victory
The Peacock cruises to the top spot among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[12/11/17 - 08:01 AM]
Video: "Fuller House" Is Back on December 22, Just in Time for the Holidays!
Join us for adventures in Tokyo, weddings that may or may not be happening, and nine all-new episodes.

[12/11/17 - 06:40 AM]
Netflix Announces 2018 Slate of Original Documentary Shorts
Two were previously announced as a part of the 2018 Sundance Film Festival shorts program.

[12/11/17 - 06:12 AM]
Video: It's Time to Face the Music - Stream the New Season of "Mozart in the Jungle" February 16th on Amazon Video
Hailey and Rodrigo's romance deepens as they go public with their relationship in the fourth season of the Emmy and Golden Globe winning series.

[12/11/17 - 06:11 AM]
2017 on Netflix - A Year in Bingeing
Though bingeing was standard in 2017, not all series were enjoyed in the same way.

[12/11/17 - 05:53 AM]
75th Annual Golden Globe(R) Awards Nominees Announced
HBO leads all networks with 12 nominations, powered by "Big Little Lies" with six nods.

[12/10/17 - 08:21 AM]
Saturday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Edges Competition with Holiday Mix
A rebroadcast of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" is the night's most-watched program.

[12/09/17 - 06:28 PM]
Video: Netflix at CCXP - Brazil Comic-Con Experience
Check out the latest teases from "Altered Carbon," "3%," "Sense8" and "Marvel's Jessica Jones."