[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[07/28/16 - 12:43 PM]
TLC's "Playhouse Masters" Climbs Into Imaginative Spaces
Tyson and Audy Leavitt create the most elaborate, over-the-top playhouses out of their family-run shop called "Charmed Playhouses."

[07/28/16 - 11:24 AM]
#Squadgoals Takes on New Meaning in an All New Season of Velocity's "Garage Squad"
The all new season starring National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) driver Bruno Massel, lead mechanic Joe Zolper, and co-host Heather Storm premieres Wednesday, August 24.

[07/28/16 - 11:18 AM]
TBS Greenlights Digital Animated Series "Storyville" and Begins Development on Notorious B.I.G.-Inspired Series
Musicians, actors, comedians, writers and artists will tell true life stories which will be animated in rich detail, exposing the sheer absurdity of celebrity life in all of its glory.

[07/28/16 - 10:26 AM]
Esquire Network Greenlights New Seasons of Hit Documentary Franchise "Friday Night Tykes" and Spin-Off "Friday Night Tykes: Steel Country"
A combination of fan-favorite teams are set to return, with all-new teams presenting an authentic look at the cultural phenomenon that is American football.

[07/28/16 - 10:03 AM]
PBS to Present "Spotlight Education," A Special Week of Programming Featuring Reports About America's Students and New Models of Learning, September 12-17
The stunt features eleven films and documentaries on local PBS stations September 12-17.

[07/28/16 - 10:02 AM]
PBS and American Experience Announce "The Great War" to Premiere April 2017
The six-hour, three-night event, will premiere in April 2017 in conjunction with the 100th anniversary of America's entry into the war on April 6, 1917.

[07/28/16 - 10:01 AM]
Frontline on PBS Presents "Divided States of America," A Look at the Polarized Nation the Next President Will Inherit
The four-hour, two-night documentary miniseries looks back at events during the Obama presidency that have revealed deep divisions in our country, and examines the America the next president will inherit.

[07/28/16 - 10:00 AM]
Lin-Manuel Miranda - Tony, Grammy, and Pulitzer Prize-Winning Creator of Broadway Smash Hit Hamilton - Hosts Sixth Annual PBS Arts Fall Festival
"Hamilton's America" gives viewers a look at Miranda and his colleagues' creative process during the three years leading up to the Broadway opening of the record-breaking musical winner of 11 Tony Awards and the Pulitzer Prize.

[07/28/16 - 10:00 AM]
Nat Geo WILD Taps Charles Dance to Narrate Epic Global Miniseres Event "Savage Kingdom"
The project is a rare look at warring animal clans battling for survival in a remote region of Africa that is drying up after years of flood-soaked abundance.

[07/28/16 - 10:00 AM]
Disney XD Picks Up Second Season of Its Innovative Hidden-Camera Prank Series "Walk the Prank"
The series has reached 35.4 million viewers including 13.2 million Kids 6-14 and 6.3 million Boys 6-14 on Disney XD and Disney Channel.

[07/28/16 - 09:56 AM]
El Rey Network's Original Wrestling Series "Lucha Underground" Returns for Season 3 on Wednesday, September 7 at 8PM ET
Masked heroes and villains will continue to battle it out for wrestling supremacy in the hour-long weekly series, giving fans a ringside seat to the blood-pumping, chant-starting lucha libre drama and excitement.

[07/28/16 - 09:16 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC, "Got Talent" Seal Another Victory
The Peacock once again is the evening's most-watched network in total viewers and adults 18-49.

[07/28/16 - 09:05 AM]
FYI(TM) Greenlights New Original Series "Kiss Bang Love"
In "Kiss Bang Love," singles searching for love will participate in a new social experiment to find their match based on blindfolded kissing.

[07/28/16 - 09:04 AM]
Make a Date with Adult Swim's New Drive-In Tour - 10 Cities Host Nights of Fun and Freebies!
Each stop of the five-week, 10-city national tour, brings an ultimate exclusive sneak peek at unaired episodes, never-before-seen pilots and specials, and loads of other Adult Swim favorites.

[07/28/16 - 08:52 AM]
HBO Renews "Ballers" for Third Season
"Dwayne Johnson, Stephen Levinson, Mark Wahlberg and the rest of the 'Ballers' team have once again delivered a winner for our viewers," said Casey Bloys.