[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[02/09/16 - 10:30 AM]
Super Bowl MVP Von Miller of the Denver Broncos to Visit CBS's "The Late Late Show with James Corden," Tuesday, Feb. 9
Miller is the fourth linebacker in Super Bowl history to take home the MVP honors.

[02/09/16 - 10:05 AM]
Bryan Fuller Set as Co-Creator and Showrunner of the New "Star Trek" Television Series
As previously announced, the new series, produced by CBS Television Studios, will launch with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network in early 2017.

[02/09/16 - 09:34 AM]
"Live with Kelly and Michael" Beats "Dr. Phil" and "Ellen" to Rank as the Week's No. 1 Syndie Talker in Women 25-54
Disney/ABC Domestic Television spins the numbers for the week of January 25-29.

[02/09/16 - 09:31 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: FOX, "The X-Files" Hold Off Surging Competition
ABC and CBS both see week-to-week gains among adults 18-49.

[02/09/16 - 09:30 AM]
Anthony Anderson, Molly Ringwald, Ellen Pompeo, Gabourey Sidibe, Vanessa Williams and Ludacris Join Season 4 of Disney Junior's "Doc McStuffins"
The new season will find Doc and her toy friends magically transported to a make-believe town, made up entirely of toys, where Doc serves as chief resident of the Toy Hospital.

[02/09/16 - 09:27 AM]
FS1 Offers Extensive Live Coverage of the FIFA Presidential Election
"This is an important news story with international repercussions, and as the primary home for televised soccer in the U.S., it's our duty to cover it, and cover it well," said David Nathanson.

[02/09/16 - 08:45 AM]
"Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" Kicks Off Its Third Season Feb. 14, Exclusively on HBO
The show has already been renewed for a fourth season, scheduled for 2017.

[02/09/16 - 08:34 AM]
Science Channel Delivers Highest Rated Month Ever in Prime Time Among Key Demos and Viewership in January
Science Channel spins the numbers for the month of January.

[02/09/16 - 08:34 AM]
"The Bachelor" Stands as Monday's No. 1 Series in Adults 18-34 and Key Women for the 6th Week Running
ABC spins the numbers for Monday, February 8.

[02/09/16 - 08:25 AM]
"Biggest Loser" and "Telenovela" Grow Week to Week in 18-49
NBC spins the numbers for Monday, February 8.

[02/09/16 - 08:01 AM]
"When Calls the Heart" Season Three Premieres Sunday, February 21
In season three, Elizabeth (Erin Krakow) puts down roots in Hope Valley after spending extended time in Hamilton with her family.

[02/09/16 - 06:42 AM]
"2 Broke Girls" Returns to Thursday on Feb. 18
The fifth-year comedy, which has been leading off CBS Wednesdays since January 6, will replace "Angel from Hell" in the Thursday 9:30 PM time period.

[02/09/16 - 06:30 AM]
Four Artists to Salute MusiCares Person of the Year Lionel Richie on "The 58th Grammy(R) Awards," Feb. 15
Luke Bryan, John Legend, Demi Lovato and Meghan Trainor will take audiences on a musical journey through the 2016 MusiCares(R) Person of the Year's songbook.

[02/09/16 - 06:04 AM]
Multi-Golden Globe Award-Winning Amazon Original Series "Mozart in the Jungle" Renewed for Third Season
The series will begin production later this year and will continue the story of the talented musicians who perform and live with passion under the baton of its spirited conductor, best known simply as Rodrigo.

[02/08/16 - 03:42 PM]
"Lopez" Premieres March 30th on TV Land
The cable channel also releases the show's key art and logo.