[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[05/26/16 - 03:11 PM]
ITV and Hulu Commission Exciting Eight-Part Drama Series "Harlots"
Acclaimed actresses Samantha Morton, Lesley Manville and Jessica Brown Findlay are set to star in the series, which will be produced by Monumental Pictures.

[05/26/16 - 02:37 PM]
"Comedy Bang! Bang!" Gets "Weird" with a One-Week Free Preview of This Season's Premiere Episode
IFC is previewing the first episode of this upcoming season free on IFC.com, through the IFC mobile app, On Demand and wherever the internet lives one week before it premieres on IFC on Friday, June 3.

[05/26/16 - 02:32 PM]
"Brett Gelman's Dinner in America" Special Premieres Friday, July 1st at Midnight (ET/PT) on Adult Swim
The premise is simple: A roundtable discussion in which Brett attempts to engage four distinguished actors - Loretta Devine, Shareeka Epps, Joe Morton and Mack Wilds - in an open forum on racism.

[05/26/16 - 01:43 PM]
AMC.com Releases the Director's Commentary on the "Preacher" Pilot
Series executive producers and directors Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg give viewers an exclusive inside look at the premiere episode.

[05/26/16 - 12:52 PM]
CBS to Finish "Angel from Hell," "Rush Hour" Runs on Saturday Nights
Look for the former to return on Saturday, July 2 while the latter will resume on Saturday, July 23.

[05/26/16 - 12:41 PM]
Video: Showtime(R) Drops the New Trailer for Its Music Series "Roadies," The First Original Series from Oscar(R) Winner Cameron Crowe
The series gives an insider's look at the reckless, romantic, funny and often poignant lives of a committed group of roadies who live for music and the de facto family they've formed along the way.

[05/26/16 - 12:07 PM]
Michael Bloom Joins TBS & TNT as Senior Vice President of Unscripted Series and Specials
Most recently, Bloom was instrumental in forging the architecture for ELeague, the new eSports co-venture between Turner and WME | IMG.

[05/26/16 - 12:03 PM]
Kobe Bryant Named "Athlete of the Decade" by Spike TV
Spike TV proudly honors the Lakers' iconic superstar with its first ever "Athlete of the Decade" award to be presented at the network's 10th Annual "Guys Choice" event.

[05/26/16 - 12:02 PM]
WGN America's "Outsiders" Star David Morse Throws Out First Pitch at the Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Game, In Celebration of the Start of Production on the Hit Series' Season Two
Morse's first pitch comes on the heels of Pittsburgh Mayor William Peduto declaring Wednesday, May 18 "Outsiders Day," with a proclamation ceremony at City Hall.

[05/26/16 - 12:01 PM]
NBC Olympics to Provide 4K Ultra HD Coverage of Rio Olympics to Distribution Partners
The coverage will be made available on one-day delay and will include 4K UHD footage from the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, swimming, track and field, basketball, the men's soccer final, and judo, as well as Rio scenics.

[05/26/16 - 12:00 PM]
HBO Confirms Fall Debuts for "Westworld," "Divorce," "Insecure," "High Maintenance"
Set at the intersection of the near future and the reimagined past, "Westworld" explores a world in which every human appetite, no matter how noble or depraved, can be indulged.

[05/26/16 - 11:15 AM]
Three-Time Emmy(R) Award Nominee Terrence "J" Jenkins to Co-Host "2016 Miss USA(R)" Airing Live from the New T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas Sunday, June 5, on FOX
Fans should stay tuned for more exciting announcements about the competition.

[05/26/16 - 10:35 AM]
Jamie Lynn Spears Steps Back Into the Spotlight in New TLC Special "When the Lights Go Out"
The one-hour special premieres Sunday, June 26 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[05/26/16 - 10:24 AM]
Logo Unveils Summer Slate with New Specials, Returning Series and Groundbreaking Documentaries
Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos launch the all-new summer block on Monday, May 30 as the executive producers of "Secret Guide To Fabulous: Summer," hosted by curators of taste John Gidding, Ronnie Woo, Theodore Leaf and Rob Younkers.

[05/26/16 - 10:02 AM]
Miley Cyrus, Larry David, Jimmy Fallon and Tom Hanks Join Comedy Icons Maya Rudolph and Martin Short for Premiere Episode of "Maya & Marty"
The summer series debuts this Tuesday, May 31 at 10:00/9:00c on NBC.