[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[04/01/15 - 11:41 AM]
"Idol" Fan Save on Twitter Adds New and Dramatic Real-Time Twist to Season!
Beginning this week, fans have the opportunity to save a finalist from elimination by a real-time vote using Twitter.

[04/01/15 - 10:49 AM]
ABC Family Picks Up Three New Unscripted Series: "Startup U," "Next Step Realty: NYC" and "Monica the Medium"
These unscripted series join recently greenlit series "Becoming Us" (formerly "My Transparent Life") and "Job or No Job," which will all premiere this summer.

[04/01/15 - 10:30 AM]
E! Continues to Boost Original Programming with Introduction of Three New Series and Return of Three Hit Franchises
"#RichKids of Beverly Hills" (Sunday, May 24), "Total Divas" (Summer 2015) and "Christina Milian Turned Up" (Fall 2015) are all due back.

[04/01/15 - 10:03 AM]
truTV Spring 2015 Highlights
Said offerings include the return of "Fake Off" (Wednesday, May 6), "Barmageddon" (Monday, June 1) and "How to Be a Grown Up" (Tuesday, June 2).

[04/01/15 - 10:00 AM]
Fifth Harmony, Carly Rae Jepsen, Chelsea Kane, Sweet Suspense, Kelsea Ballerini, and Stars of "black-ish" and "Teen Beach 2" to Present at the 2015 Radio Disney Music Awards
A 30-minute pre-show originating from the red carpet and a 90-minute awards show telecast will be presented on multiple platforms around the world beginning Sunday, April 26 (7:30 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel.

[04/01/15 - 10:00 AM]
CBS Announces Season Finale Airdates
Plus: "Stalker" will rejoin the schedule on Monday, May 4 at 9:00/8:00c.

[04/01/15 - 09:45 AM]
Creative Team Behind "The Bachelor" Franchise Introduces New Luxurious Line of Hot Tubs to Be Sold at Retailers Nationwide Beginning April 1
"Hot tubs represent a great way of life - a life filled with romance and passion," said Bachelor creator/executive producer Mike Fleiss.

[04/01/15 - 09:38 AM]
USA Network's WWE "Monday Night Raw" Attracts Largest Audience in Nearly Three Years
USA spins the numbers for Monday, March 30.

[04/01/15 - 09:31 AM]
Second Round of Performers Announced to Perform on "ACM Presents: Superstar Duets," Friday, May 15 on CBS
The special, taping April 17-18 at the two-day ACM Party for a Cause Festival at Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, will be broadcast Friday, May 15 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

[04/01/15 - 08:45 AM]
NBC Ties for the Nightlong Win Against All-Original Competition on the Big 4, Despite Encores of "Voice" and "Chicago Fire"
NBC spins the numbers for Tuesday, March 31.

[04/01/15 - 08:38 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: "NCIS," "Dovekeepers" Top Viewers for CBS
The Eye however shares the adults 18-49 crown with NBC last night.

[04/01/15 - 08:36 AM]
"Forever" Is No. 1 at 10pm in Adults 18-49 with an 11% Rise Week to Week
ABC spins the numbers for Tuesday, March 31.

[04/01/15 - 08:29 AM]
Nat Geo WILD Celebrates Earth Day with Slate of Original Animal Programming Throughout April
To help localize the Earth Day effort, Nat Geo WILD will invite people to post a selfie with the part of the Earth they most want to protect, using the hashtag #earthdayselfie.

[04/01/15 - 07:24 AM]
NBC Sports Group Fills Out 2015 Stanley Cup Playoff Bracket with Complete Coverage Beginning April 15
During April, May and June, NBC Sports Group will televise as many as 105 playoff games and possibly more than 260 hours of programming.

[04/01/15 - 07:21 AM]
CNBC's "Consumed: The Real Restaurant Business" Premieres Wednesday, May 13 at 10PM ET/PT
CNBC takes viewers behind-the-scenes of five very different restaurants in the ultra-competitive New York food scene, chronicling their every struggle and occasional triumph.