[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[04/26/17 - 09:31 AM]
Hilary Swank Joins Cast of FX's "Trust"
Swank will star as Gail Getty, John Paul Getty III's determined and resourceful mother, who remains committed to helping her son as she navigates tricky familial waters.

[04/26/17 - 09:02 AM]
Video: "Dear White People" - Featurette: Stay Woke - Netflix
"Dear White People" is a send-up of the now post "post-racial" America that weaves together a universal story of finding one's own identity and forging a wholly unique path.

[04/26/17 - 09:01 AM]
AT&T Audience Network New Original Series "Fearless with Tim Ferriss" Premieres May 30
Ferriss creates a genuine and honest conversation with guests to discuss how they've overcome their fears, dealt with hardships, and crafted unique paths to success.

[04/26/17 - 09:00 AM]
Season Four of "Power" Premieres Sunday, June 25th Starting at 12:01 AM ET
The network on-air premiere will be at its regularly scheduled time of 9:00 pm ET/PT.

[04/26/17 - 08:13 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Tops Viewers, Demos with "The Voice"
The Peacock also gets a boost from the premiere of new comedy "Great News."

[04/26/17 - 07:01 AM]
Filming Starts on Season Five of Cinemax's "Strike Back" Shot on Location in Jordan and Hungary with All New Cast
Warren Brown, Daniel MacPherson, Roxanne McKee and Alin Sumarwata will topline the new 10-episode season.

[04/26/17 - 06:02 AM]
Amazon Prime Video Sets August 25 as Premiere Date for "The Tick"
The series is created by Ben Edlund, and the cast includes Peter Serafinowicz, Griffin Newman, and Valorie Curry.

[04/25/17 - 01:13 PM]
Adam Sandler and Chris Rock Reunite for New Netflix Comedy The Week Of
The film will premiere globally on Netflix in 2018.

[04/25/17 - 01:01 PM]
Scripps Greenlights Lifestyle Talk Show in Partnership with Faith Hill; Debuts on Sept. 18
"We will bring a little bit of southern charm and inspiration to our viewers, alongside insights from top tastemakers and experts in many areas," said Hill.

[04/25/17 - 12:46 PM]
NFL Players Association and Morris Animal Refuge Team Up for Animal Planet's "Road to Puppy Bowl Draft Adoption Event" in Philadelphia on April 26
14 lucky four-legged MVP's will hear their names called, get added to the draft board and learn their new home teams.

[04/25/17 - 12:17 PM]
The ABC Television Network Announces Series Season Finale Dates
Said finales run from this Sunday ("American Crime") through Tuesday, May 23 ("Dancing with the Stars").

[04/25/17 - 12:08 PM]
American Heroes Channel Salutes Bravery, Strength and Sacrifice with Three-Day Heroes Weekend
Starting Friday, AHC is dedicating three days of programming to the courageous veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice to protect and preserve the freedoms we enjoy today.

[04/25/17 - 12:00 PM]
AMC Releases Premiere Date and Key Art for the Final Season of "Turn: Washington's Spies"
The 10-episode final season opens on Saturday, June 17 at 9:00/8:00c with a two-hour premiere.

[04/25/17 - 10:03 AM]
AMC Heading Deeper "Into the Badlands" - Series Renewed for Expanded 16-Episode Third Season, Returning in 2018
Midway through its current second season, "Into the Badlands" is averaging 3.6 million viewers per episode, including 2.1 million adults 25-54 in Nielsen Live+3 ratings.

[04/25/17 - 10:01 AM]
"Full Frontal with Samantha Bee's" "Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner" to Stream on Twitter After TBS Debut
Fans on Twitter in the United States will be able to access the stream by going to samanthabee.twitter.com, as well as via the @FullFrontalSamB Twitter handle.