[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

[10/09/15 - 01:27 PM]
"Blindspot" Is Television's #1 Gainer in Total Viewers for a 2nd Straight Week
NBC further spins the numbers for Sunday, October 4 and Monday, October 5.

[10/09/15 - 12:51 PM]
Disney XD Orders Second Season of Animated Series "Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy"
"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy" season two is currently in production and slated to premiere in 2017.

[10/09/15 - 12:36 PM]
Pop on Over to Joy Behar's Place for Some "Late Night Joy" on TLC
The series is produced by True Entertainment and Behar's JoyBee Productions.

[10/09/15 - 12:24 PM]
Academy Award Nominee Bradley Cooper Returns as Sen. Edward Morra, On "Limitless," Tuesday, Oct. 27
The news was announced today by executive producer Craig Sweeny at the series' New York Comic Con panel at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City.

[10/09/15 - 10:55 AM]
CBS News Continues to Grow in Audiences and Key Demographics
CBS News spins the numbers for the week of September 28-October 4.

[10/09/15 - 10:41 AM]
ABC to Bump "Beyond the Tank" Indefinitely; "Shark Tank" Repeat Set for Tuesday, October 13
The Alphabet will encore the season premiere of the parent series this Tuesday at 10:00/9:00c.

[10/09/15 - 10:18 AM]
Esquire Network Orders New High-Octane Competition Series "Team Ninja Warrior"
For the first time in ninja history, the mother of all obstacle courses is now built for two.

[10/09/15 - 10:18 AM]
With L+3 Added, CBS Has Four of the Week's Top Five and Seven of the Top 10 Scripted Broadcasts
CBS further spins the numbers for the week of September 28-October 4.

[10/09/15 - 09:57 AM]
"Fear the Walking Dead" Delivers the Highest-Rated First Season of Any Series in Cable History Among Total Viewers and All Key Demos
AMC spins the numbers for the season to date.

[10/09/15 - 09:36 AM]
Live + 3 Day Ratings: ABC's "Quantico" Is the Season's First New Scripted Show to Grow Over Its Debut in Adults 18-49
ABC further spins the numbers for Sunday, October 4.

[10/09/15 - 09:20 AM]
ABC Family Announces January 2016 Premiere Date for Its Returning Hit Series "Pretty Little Liars"
In advance of the celebrated return of the fan favorite, the network will also air "Pretty Little Liars: 5 Years Forward," a one-hour behind-the-scenes glimpse at the highly anticipated series time jump on Tuesday, November 24.

[10/09/15 - 09:06 AM]
Disney's "The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar" Primetime Television Movie Event to Air on Disney Channel
"The Lion Guard" television series will premiere in early 2016.

[10/09/15 - 08:51 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: NFL Extends CBS Win Streak on Thursdays
The Eye leads the night for the fourth consecutive week.

[10/09/15 - 08:43 AM]
The Table Is Set for a Second Serving of "Dinner at Tiffani's" on Cooking Channel
From birthday bashes, to farmer's market-inspired meals, to surf and turf dinners, throughout the new season's 16 half-hour long episodes, Tiffani showcases her culinary talents and entertaining skills for throwing effortless get-togethers.

[10/09/15 - 08:32 AM]
Smithsonian Channel(TM) Salutes Two American Heroes on Veterans Day in One-Hour Special "Seal Dog" Premiering Wednesday, November 11 at 8 PM ET/PT
The one-hour Smithsonian Channel special tells the story of former Navy SEAL Trevor Maroshek and his amazing war dog, Chopper.