[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

· DOCTOR WHO (BBC AMERICA)

[10/23/14 - 08:46 AM]
NBC's Wednesday Dramas Finish Within a Tenth of a Rating Point of Last Week's 18-49 Result Despite World Series Competition
NBC spins the numbers for Wednesday, October 22.

[10/23/14 - 08:32 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: World Series Keeps FOX on Top in Viewers, Demos
Plus: The CW's "Arrow" and ABC's "Nashville" are the only series up week-to-week among adults 18-49.

[10/23/14 - 08:00 AM]
5 Seconds of Summer, Mary. J Blige, and Sam Smith to Perform at the 2014 American Music Awards(R)
They join previously announced performer and nominated singer/songwriter Charli XCX and second-time host and performer Pitbull on the show.

[10/23/14 - 07:57 AM]
MTV Chronicles the Lives of Four Young American Soliders as They Return from Afghanistan in Special Veteran's Day Documentary "MTV's Got Your 6"
Additionally, MTV will commemorate and cover Veterans Day from a unique Millennial perspective all day, on-air and across its editorial and social platforms in an effort to leverage attention to post-911 servicemen and women.

[10/23/14 - 07:21 AM]
Pivot's Nightly News Program "TakePart Live" and TakePart.com Team Up With Lyft To Get Americans To #JustVote
From October 23 through midnight on Election Day, November 4, new Lyft riders can receive a free ride of up to $25 in value by using the code JustVote in cities where the ridesharing company operates.

[10/23/14 - 06:31 AM]
CBS Studios International and Sky Announce UK Licensing Agreement for New Hit Drama "Madam Secretary"
Sky Living is already the home to CBS drama "Elementary," which has been one of the top-rated shows on SKY Living since its debut in 2012.

[10/23/14 - 06:02 AM]
Video: Netflix Original Series, "Bloodline," Coming in March
Kyle Chandler, Ben Mendelsohn, Linda Cardellini, Sam Shepard, Sissy Spacek, Norbert Leo Butz, Jamie McShane, Jacinda Barrett and Enrique Murciano star in the 13-episode series.

[10/22/14 - 04:00 PM]
New Primetime Special "Sofia the First: The Curse of Princess Ivy" to Premiere Sunday, November 23 on Disney Channel
The high-stakes adventure features a special appearance by Rapunzel, voiced by Mandy Moore, who reprises her role from Disney's "Tangled."

[10/22/14 - 03:19 PM]
Bravo Media Renews "Below Deck" for Third Season as Finale Earns Highest-Rated Episode of the Season with Over 1.4 Million Total Viewers
Plus: look for "The Crew Tells All" next Tuesday, October 28 and a reunion special the following Tuesday, November 4.

[10/22/14 - 01:40 PM]
World Series Game 1 Drives FOX to Prime Time Ratings Win
FOX Sports spins the numbers for Tuesday, October 21.

[10/22/14 - 01:37 PM]
Lifetime Greenlights Limited Series "Lizzie Borden: The Fall River Chronicles"
Christina Ricci will reprise her haunting role as the notorious murder suspect she portrayed in the network's hit original movie "Lizzie Borden Took An Ax."

[10/22/14 - 01:14 PM]
Sneak Play of "Becoming," from LeBron James' Springhill Production Company and ESPN Films, Added at 5:30 P.M. Sunday, October 26 on Disney XD
It will also be presented in the previously announced 8:00 p.m. timeslot on Disney XD and on Friday, November 7 (7:00 p.m., ET/4:00 p.m., PT) on ESPN.

[10/22/14 - 12:44 PM]
Animal Planet's "Finding Bigfoot" Returns with Search for World's Largest Sasquatch
On Sunday, November 9, the series returns with a special two-hour episode that takes Bigfoot Field Research Organization (BFRO) president Matt Moneymaker, researchers James "Bobo" Fay and Cliff Barackman and skeptical scientist Ranae Holland off to the wilds of Alaska.

[10/22/14 - 11:31 AM]
Syfy's Hit Competition Series "Face Off" to Return for Eighth Season January 13 at 9PM
In a twist on the show's traditional format, three former champions, Rayce Bird (Season 2), Anthony Kosar (Season 4) and Laura Tyler (Season 5), will return in the premiere and select teams of five new artists who they will coach throughout the season.

[10/22/14 - 11:14 AM]
ABC Grows Year to Year in Total Viewers and Holds Steady in Adults 18-49
ABC spins the numbers for the weeks of September 22-October 19.