[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

· DOCTOR WHO (BBC AMERICA)

[02/23/17 - 12:27 PM]
E! Goes "Live from the Red Carpet" with Hosts Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic at the Oscars Sunday, February 26th Starting at 1:30P ET and 10:30A PT
The network's second screen live coverage will include a live, immersive 360 experience utilizing the latest state-of-the-art technology enabling fans to enjoy the red carpet like never before.

[02/23/17 - 12:00 PM]
Matthew Broderick Cast in "Katrina: American Crime Story"
Broderick will portray Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Director Michael D. Brown, who was in charge of the federal disaster response to Hurricane Katrina.

[02/23/17 - 11:22 AM]
WGN America's "Underground" to Feature Original Song from Executive Producer John Legend, "In America," in Season Two Premiere
By tweeting #UndergroundWGN, fans will automatically unlock a :60, extended version of the trailer that includes the song preview.

[02/23/17 - 11:10 AM]
"Saturday Night Live" Returns with Back-to-Back Shows
Look for Octavia Spencer/Father John Misty on March 4 followed by Scarlett Johansson/Lorde on March 11.

[02/23/17 - 11:03 AM]
History(R) Greenlights Navy Seal Team Six Drama Series "Six" for a Ten Episode Second Season from A+E Studios in Association with Weinstein Television
Two new episodes remain in the current season airing Wednesdays at 10:00/9:00c, with the season one finale airing on Wednesday, March 8.

[02/23/17 - 10:56 AM]
Super Plus Official Plus Delicious - "The Get Down" - New Episodes April 7
Netflix confirms the release date of Part II from the series.

[02/23/17 - 10:29 AM]
"Dateline NBC" Correspondent Keith Morrison Explores Claims of a Wrongful Conviction in Investigation Discovery's Special "Murder in Lehigh Valley"
"This is an incendiary case that continues to provoke passion on both sides," said Morrison.

[02/23/17 - 10:19 AM]
ABC's First-Ever Live Post-Oscars(R) Special, Hosted by "black-ish" Star Anthony Anderson, Airs Sunday, February 26
The Emmy-nominated actor will be joined by "Good Morning America" Co-Anchor Lara Spencer, with special contributors Joe Zee, Yahoo Style's editor-in-chief, and ABC News' Chris Connelly.

[02/23/17 - 09:46 AM]
"Essence Black Women in Hollywood Awards & Gala" Primetime Special to Air on OWN Sunday, March 5
For the past decade, the star-studded celebration has been at the forefront of spotlighting Hollywood's most creative and accomplished African-American female visionaries both in front of the camera and behind the scenes.

[02/23/17 - 09:31 AM]
Starz Announces Highly-Anticipated Original Series "American Gods" to Premiere in the U.S. on Sunday, April 30th at 9PM ET/PT
The series will debut publicly at the festival on March 11 at 11 AM CT at the Vimeo Theater in the Austin Convention Center followed by an extended Q&A moderated by KCRW's Elvis Mitchell.

[02/23/17 - 09:00 AM]
BBC America's "Planet Earth II" Becomes Highest Rated U.S. Nature Show
BBC America further spins the numbers for Saturday, February 18.

[02/23/17 - 08:27 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Holds Off Demo Competition
The Alphabet's "Modern Family" remains the night's top draw among adults 18-49.

[02/23/17 - 08:12 AM]
Rap Legend Rick Ross to Host and Perform at the "2017 MTV Woodies" Music Festival Live from Austin on Thursday, March 16 at 11:00 P.M. ET/PT
Said Ross: "I'm excited to attend SXSW this year. The biggest boss is hosting the 'Woodies' and my album drops March 17. MTV, get ready."

[02/23/17 - 08:04 AM]
Former Mobsters Go Suburban in Oxygen Media's New Docu-Comedy Series "Unprotected" Premiering Tuesday, April 11 at 9PM ET/PT
The series follows the Cantarellas, a boisterous, old-school family that participated in the Federal Witness Protection Program after their testimony led to the conviction of one of the most powerful crime families in the country.

[02/23/17 - 06:47 AM]
Ten Perfect Matches, One New Game on MTV's Spinoff Series "Are You the One: All-Star Challenge"
The new series premieres Wednesday, March 22 on MTV, one week after the shocking March 15 season finale of "Are You the One?".