[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

[10/21/16 - 02:02 PM]
NLCS Game 5 Is Second Most-Watched Telecast in FS1 History
FOX Sports spins the numbers for Thursday, October 20.

[10/21/16 - 12:08 PM]
Freeform Brings Fan Favorite "Stitchers" and New Original Sci-Fi Series "Beyond" to Stan Lee's L.A. Comic Con on October 29 and 30
"Stitchers" co-stars Ritesh Rajan, Damon Dayoub and Sarah Davenport are among those scheduled to appear.

[10/21/16 - 10:05 AM]
Freeform's Annual "Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas" Starts on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 24
Said offerings include the premiere "The Odd Life of Timothy Green," "Boxtrolls," and the network premiere of the fourth installment of the hit "Cinderella Story" franchise, "A Cinderella Story: If the Shoe Fits."

[10/21/16 - 10:04 AM]
Freeform's Funday Programming Event Begins November 12 and Continues Through November 13
Highlights include the network premieres of "Planes: Fire & Rescue," "How to Train Your Dragon" and "Shrek Forever After."

[10/21/16 - 10:03 AM]
"Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour" to Premiere on Showtime(R) on December 9 at 9 PM ET/PT
The film is co-directed by Danny B. Tull and Nathan Rissman, both of whom have worked extensively with Madonna on her feature films and tour movies.

[10/21/16 - 09:55 AM]
David Blaine Is Back With an Extraordinary Special, "David Blaine: Beyond Magic," Airing Tuesday, November 15, on ABC
Following his critically acclaimed ratings smash "David Blaine: Real or Magic," Blaine returns with his most revealing performance yet.

[10/21/16 - 09:35 AM]
Video: Netflix's "Haters Back Off!" Star Miranda Sings Shares Some of Her Favorite Things
Based on the character created by Colleen Ballinger, "Haters Back Off!" delves into the oddball family life of Miranda Sings.

[10/21/16 - 09:31 AM]
Video: Netflix Unveils The Ivory Game Trailer and Poster
From executive producer Leonardo DiCaprio, The Ivory Game is an epic documentary feature that goes undercover into the dark and sinister underbelly of ivory trafficking.

[10/21/16 - 09:29 AM]
Premiere Date Change - A&E Network Will Now Air Original Docu-Series "The Killing Season" on November 12
The newcomer will now roll out with back-to-back episodes one week later than previously announced.

[10/21/16 - 09:24 AM]
No One Can Hear You Scream: Investigation Discovery's All-New Series "Dead Silent" Premieres Tuesday, October 25 at 9/8C
In the six-part series, myth, urban legend, and horror movie dread collide to showcase real-life, dark and twisted tales too frightening to be imaginary.

[10/21/16 - 09:02 AM]
Oxygen Media Strikes Again with New True Crime Series "Killision Course" Premiering Saturday, November 5th at 9PM ET/PT
The four-episode, genre breaking series, recreates true stories of murder connecting the victim, accomplice and killer, on a joy ride of suspense, betrayal and obsession.

[10/21/16 - 08:47 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Holds Off Competition with NFL
The Eye wins the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[10/20/16 - 03:55 PM]
Oxygen Media Tests the Bonds of Friendship When New Competition Series "The Battle of the Ex-Besties" Premieres Tuesday, December 6 at 11PM ET/PT
Hosted by Sibley Scoles, the series follows fourteen former BFFs who are forced to confront - and hopefully forget - past differences in order to win a life-changing $100,000 grand prize.

[10/20/16 - 01:49 PM]
Investigation Discovery Delivers Nearly One Million Viewers for World Television Premiere of "Southwest of Salem: The Story of the San Antonio Four"
Investigation Discovery further spins the numbers for Saturday, October 15.

[10/20/16 - 01:04 PM]
Investigation Discovery Looks at When Happily Ever After Goes Horribly Wrong in All-New Series "Married with Secrets"
The new eight-part series premieres Tuesday, October 25 at 10:00/9:00c.