[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

· DOCTOR WHO (BBC AMERICA)

[02/05/16 - 03:13 PM]
Discovery Channel Is Cable's #1 Non-Sports Network Among Men for January
Discovery spins the numbers for the month of January.

[02/05/16 - 03:01 PM]
Jennifer Lopez, Ray Liotta and "Shades of Blue" Back on the Beat for a Second Season on NBC
In L+3 results from Nielsen Media Research through its first three telecasts, "Shades of Blue" has averaged a 2.5 rating in adults 18-49 and 11.2 million viewers overall.

[02/05/16 - 01:19 PM]
ESPN to Televise "Monday Night Football" Game from Mexico City
The Texans-Raiders matchup will be played at famed Estadio Azteca in Mexico City on Monday, November 21 (week 11) of the 2016 NFL season.

[02/05/16 - 12:24 PM]
Investigation Discovery's World Premiere of "20/20 on ID Presents Homicide" Reveals Never-Before-Heard Details
The interview airs as part of three original hours, premiering on Wednesday, February 10 at 10:00/9:00c.

[02/05/16 - 12:23 PM]
Investigation Discovery Begins 2016 as the #10 Network in Prime in Ad-Supported Cable
Investigation Discovery spins the numbers for the month of January.

[02/05/16 - 12:10 PM]
NBA and Turner's Cartoon Network Team Up for the Kids Channel's Annual "NBA All-Star Jam"
LeBron James makes an appearance as an animated version of himself on Cartoon Network's hit series "Teen Titans Go!"; while Paul George, Kyrie Irving and Damian Lillard are featured in "We Bare Bears."

[02/05/16 - 12:09 PM]
Tony Award Winner Ben Vereen Joins the Cast of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" as "Dr. Everett Scott"
He'll play the uber intelligent, ex-science teacher, now working for the Bureau of Investigation looking into UFOs and ends up at the castle while searching for his nephew, Eddie.

[02/05/16 - 12:00 PM]
"The Last Man on Earth" to Return Sunday, March 6, On FOX
Also on March 6, "Bordertown," the new animated series from executive producers Mark Hentemann and Seth MacFarlane, will move to its new time period, Sundays at 7:00/6:00c.

[02/05/16 - 11:20 AM]
E!'s "Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry" Expands Season One Order
The two additional installments expand its freshman run to a total of 10 episodes.

[02/05/16 - 10:57 AM]
Fall Out Boy, Little Big Town, Ne-Yo and Pentatonix Perform on "The Wonderful World of Disney: Disneyland 60"
Derek Hough, who serves as Master of Ceremonies for the evening, sings and dances to the song "Step in Time," from Walt Disney Pictures Oscar-winning "Mary Poppins," with special guest Disney Legend Dick Van Dyke.

[02/05/16 - 10:47 AM]
FOX's "Grease: Live" Grows 20% in Total Viewers After 3 Days, FOX to Air Encore on Easter Sunday
FOX further spins the numbers for the week of January 25-31.

[02/05/16 - 10:29 AM]
CBS Multi-Platform Snapshot - Top Five Most Popular Programs on Various Platforms This Season
CBS further spins the numbers for the season to date.

[02/05/16 - 10:18 AM]
With Live + 3-Day Viewing, "Scorpion" Moves Up to the Week's #2 Program
CBS further spins the numbers for the week of January 25-31.

[02/05/16 - 09:56 AM]
Season 14 of TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress" Celebrates Heroes, Brides with a Twist and Special Celebrity Guests
Entering into its 14th season, the hit series debuts with a new theme song written by platinum-selling country music star Kristian Bush of Sugarland.

[02/05/16 - 09:10 AM]
The Third Episode of "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Ranks #3 in the 8-9 Hour
The CW spins the numbers for Thursday, February 4.