[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

· DOCTOR WHO (BBC AMERICA)

[10/30/14 - 10:00 AM]
Amy Adams, Ben Affleck, Benedict Cumberbatch, Robert Downey, Jr., Jonah Hill, Keira Knightley and Kristen Stewart to Appear on the "Hollywood Film Awards(R)" Nov. 14 Live on CBS
They join previously announced guests Gerard Butler, Robert Duvall, Michael Keaton, Julianne Moore, Jack O'Connell, Chris Pratt, Channing Tatum, Reese Witherspoon and Shailene Woodley.

[10/30/14 - 09:52 AM]
National Geographic Channel Will Go Under the Covers on the Science of Sleep in Television Event "Sleepless in America" Premiering Sunday, Nov. 30, at 8 PM ET/PT
The film spotlights our nation's sleep-loss epidemic, revealing the serious consequences of not sleeping enough and explaining how we became a society that fails to prioritize sleep.

[10/30/14 - 09:40 AM]
"The Eric Andre Show" Returns for a Third Season on Thursday, November 6th at 12:15 a.m. (ET/PT) on Adult Swim
Eric and his apathetic co-host Hannibal Buress are here to subject A-list stars to a hellish and inescapable nightmare talk show experience.

[10/30/14 - 09:05 AM]
TBS's "Conan" to Welcome Cast of Hit Series "Sons of Anarchy" Nov. 11 for Their First-Ever Joint Talk Show Appearance
Series creator Kurt Sutter, along with stars Charlie Hunnam, Tommy Flanagan, Jimmy Smits, Drea de Matteo, Mark Boone Junior and more to be announced, will all join host Conan O'Brien from Stage 15 at Warner Bros.

[10/30/14 - 09:05 AM]
Bravo Media's "The Millionaire Matchmaker" Gets a Star-Studded Makeover When Season Eight Premieres Sunday, December 7 at 9PM ET/PT
The series will air on Sunday at 9:00/8:00c for the first two weeks and then will air at 10:00/9:00c on Sunday, December 21.

[10/30/14 - 09:02 AM]
"Hello Ladies: The Movie," Wrapping Up the Comedy Series from Stephen Merchant, Debuts Nov. 22, Exclusively on HBO
Christine Woods, Nate Torrence, Kevin Weisman and Kyle Mooney will also return with Sean Wing and Crista Flanagan guest starring.

[10/30/14 - 09:02 AM]
Video: Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" Releases Trailer for Season 5 with Jimmy Fallon, Kevin Hart, Amy Schumer and Fred Armisen
Seinfeld also announced that the guest for premiere episode will be Kevin Hart.

[10/30/14 - 08:56 AM]
NBCSN to Present 12 Races During 2015 Verizon IndyCar Season
"This year's schedule looks to be one of our most exciting ever, as it combines new races in Brazil and New Orleans with old favorites, such as Long Beach, Barber and Milwaukee," said Jon Miller.

[10/30/14 - 08:50 AM]
Bounce TV Posts Double-Digit Primetime Viewership Gains Among HHs, A18-49 & A25-54 in October
Bounce TV spins the numbers for the month of October to date.

[10/30/14 - 08:39 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: World Series Wraps on Top for FOX
Plus: The CW's "Arrow" and "The 100" see double-digit weekly gains despite said competition.

[10/30/14 - 08:35 AM]
"The Mysteries of Laura" Retains 92% of the Prior Week's Rating in Adults 18-49
NBC spins the numbers for Wednesday, October 29.

[10/30/14 - 08:19 AM]
October Is a Record-Breaking Month for DIY Network
DIY Network spins the numbers for the month of October to date.

[10/30/14 - 08:08 AM]
Hulu Announces Ten Episode Straight-to-Series Order for "Casual," a Comedy Series Executive-Produced and Directed by Oscar(R) Nominee Jason Reitman
The series follows the story of a dysfunctional family with a bachelor brother and his newly divorced sister.

[10/30/14 - 07:59 AM]
Video: First Look - "Portlandia" Season 5 - Goth Couple Plans Own Funeral - Premieres January 2015 on IFC
Most people avoid planning their own funeral services, but this goth duo considers it the pinnacle of their life's celebration.

[10/30/14 - 07:01 AM]
Video: New Trailer for Syfy's Upcoming Series "12 Monkeys"
Inspired by the classic blockbuster film, the series premieres Friday, January 16 at 9:00/8:00c.