[12/09/08 - 04:03 PM]
Conan O'Brien's Comments on Jay Leno's Staying at Nbc
"I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC," said O'Brien. "He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success."

CONAN O'BRIEN'S COMMENTS ON JAY LENO'S STAYING AT NBC

Transcript from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" December 9, 2008

NEW YORK, NY - December 9, 2008 -- Below are comments made by Conan O'Brien on the recent announcement that Jay Leno will stay at NBC.

After the monologue, Conan teased," When we come back, we're going to talk about something in the news that affects me personally."

After returning from the first commercial break, O'Brien said: "I have to talk about something that's happening in my life. I woke up this morning and I saw something on the front page of the paper that absolutely shocked me. I was stunned and I have to say I didn't see this coming and I just had to share it with you for a second. Check it out ladies and gentlemen - today's New York Post (he holds up the paper and the camera zooms in past the NY Post's front-page Jay Leno headline to the weather). It says here showers and 51 degrees. 51 degrees in December?!? It was 20 degrees yesterday, that's crazy! Check this out -- Daily News (again the camera zooms in past the Leno headline to the weather) 49 degrees? Well which is it? 49 or 51? Let's get our stories straight here, people! This is insanity!"

"Let's talk about this on a serious note for just one moment, I've had many people calling me today saying, "What is all this? "What's happening?" Jay Leno is going to be going in at 10:00 on NBC. I wanted to make something very clear here on the show this evening. I've known about this for a while. I've talked a lot about this with Jay. I am thrilled. I am absolutely thrilled that Jay is staying at NBC. He has been my lead-in on this program for 16 seasons. He is a fantastic lead-in. He is a huge part of my success. I am indebted to Jay Leno. And I love the idea that that relationship is going to continue. He is going to be my lead-in continuing, I hope, for a long, long time. So congratulations to Jay Leno. (APPLAUSE) This is a happy ending. It's very nice. We're thrilled for him and we're thrilled for everybody at the Tonight Show. Also I've talked it over with my producer and that means I can keep doing my Jay Leno impression."

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is from Universal Media Studio in association with Conaco and Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels and Jeff Ross are the executive producers. Allan Kartun directs. Mike Sweeney is head writer.

[december 2008]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[12/05/20 - 08:02 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Dramas Return on Top in Total Viewers
The Eye also shares the adults 18-49 crown with ABC and FOX.

[12/04/20 - 12:13 PM]
"Big Cat Tales" Returns to Animal Planet for An All-New Season on Friday Dec. 4
The series documents the present-day prides and families of the lions, leopards and cheetahs of the Maasais Mara National Reserve in Kenya, including the Marsh Pride.

[12/04/20 - 12:07 PM]
ESPN & ABC Combine to Nationally Televise 49 Games During First Half of 2020-21 NBA Regular Season
The "NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC" series will return for its sixth season with a star-studded slate featuring some of the league's most anticipated matchups.

[12/04/20 - 12:01 PM]
TBS Slates "American Dad," "The Misery Index" Holiday Specials
Look for both installments during the week leading up to Christmas.

[12/04/20 - 11:51 AM]
Sundance Now's Highly Anticipated New Political Drama "Total Control" Exclusive U.S. Premiere on Sundance Now on Thursday, December 17, 2020
Rachel Griffiths and Deborah Mailman star in the six-part drama series.

[12/04/20 - 10:44 AM]
Maureen McCormick of "The Brady Bunch" and Interior Designer Dan Vickery to Star in New Home Renovation Series "Frozen in Time"
Fans nostalgic for decades past can travel back in time with the new home renovation series, streaming on discovery+, Discovery Inc.'s new subscription streaming service, beginning Monday, January 4.

[12/04/20 - 10:33 AM]
Chadwick Boseman Will Posthumously Receive the Hero for the Ages Honor at the 2020 "MTV Movie & TV Awards: Greatest of All Time"
Don Cheadle and Robert Downey Jr. will present the award which honors a star whose heroism on-screen was only surpassed by the true hero they were off-screen.

[12/04/20 - 10:00 AM]
Apple TV+ Orders New World Surf League Docuseries
The six-part documentary series will provide a behind-the-scenes look at the aspirations, failures and accomplishments of the world's best surfers as they battle for the WSL Title and struggle to remain on the elite WSL Championship Tour.

[12/04/20 - 09:46 AM]
Oxygen Kicks Off 2021 with New Series from Ice-T, Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos and Blumhouse Television During the Nine Nights of Twisted Killers Event
The nine night stunt will feature the launch of four new series "Florida Man Murders" (Jan. 9), "Framed By The Killer" (Jan. 15), "One Deadly Mistake" (Jan. 16), and "Exhumed" (Jan. 17), along with a brand new two-hour special "Monster Preacher" (Jan. 16).

[12/04/20 - 09:28 AM]
Revelations, Receipts, and Hot Tea Are Served on Bravo's "The Real Housewives of Potomac" Three-Part Reunion Beginning Sunday, December 13, at 9:15PM ET/PT
Gizelle Bryant, Karen Huger, Ashley Darby, Robyn Dixon, Monique Samuels, Candiace Dillard Bassett, and Dr. Wendy Osefo take to the reunion stage to drop major receipts, indiscretions, and shocking revelations.

[12/04/20 - 09:12 AM]
Mike Rowe Joins Discovery+ with All-New Series, Proving the World Is More Connected Than Ever
"Six Degrees with Mike Rowe" premieres Monday, January 4 on Discovery's streaming service Discovery+.

[12/04/20 - 08:35 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Tops Demo Race with "Grey's Anatomy"
The network's flagship drama leads the night among adults 18-49.

[12/04/20 - 08:31 AM]
Showtime(R) Starts Holiday Gifting Early Offering Season Premieres of "Shameless" and "Your Honor" for Free
The network has released over 60 hours of original content for free online sampling, on streaming platforms and on demand to celebrate the holiday season.

[12/04/20 - 08:01 AM]
Video: "We Can Be Heroes" Starring Priyanka Chopra & Pedro Pascal - Official Trailer - Netflix
When alien invaders capture Earth's superheroes, their kids must learn to work together to save their parents - and the planet.

[12/04/20 - 07:27 AM]
HGTV's Annual "White House Christmas 2020" Set to Air on Sunday, Dec. 13, at 6 PM ET/PT
Narrated by Alison Victoria, the special also is a retrospective on the last decade of incredible holiday transformations at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.