Daniel Tosh's Comedic Affront to the Internet Continues With the Second Season Premiere of COMEDY CENTRAL's Weekly, Topical Series 'Tosh.0' on Wednesday, January 13 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT
Premiere Episode To Feature The "Web Redemption" David After Dentist, The Insanely Popular Viral Video Of A Dad Interviewing His Son High On Nitrous Oxide After His Dentist Appointment
NEW YORK, Jan. 6 -- Daniel Tosh returns at a new night and time to take on the World Wide Web and all the absurdities that it encompasses. The second season of COMEDY CENTRAL's weekly series "Tosh.0" debuts Wednesday, January 13 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT.
The "Web Redemption" segment to kick off the second season is David After Dentist. Remember the dad who interviewed his young son in the car after his dentist appointment who was all whacked out on nitrous oxide??? Find out what happens when Tosh takes on the dad and the skewering commences.
Future "Web Redemption" segments include:
* Football Player Tackles Teammate: Tosh redeems a football player who tackled his own teammate on punt coverage. All Pro linebacker Bill Romanowski lends a hand.
* Average Homeboy: The infamous Average Homeboy, Denny Hazen, brushes up on his rap skills with the help of Bizzy Bone from Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
* Ricky Business Girls: Two teenage girls who failed in an attempt to recreate the famous Risky Business floor slide get a second chance. In the process, they recreate other famous Tom Cruise movie scenes.
* Hoodrat Driving Kid: Famous seven-year-old who stole and totaled his grandma's Dodge Durango gets his chance at redemption...and to drive a much cooler car.
* Phillies Fan: The Dad whose daughter threw back the foul ball he caught at a Phillies game gets the chance to hand the ball back to her dad. In the process, she learns to throw or not throw a variety of things, like candy, a John Mayer CD and a grenade.
"Tosh.0" features the razor sharp humor and biting commentary from comedian Daniel Tosh and delves into all aspects of the Internet from the absolutely absurd to the incredibly ingenious in this weekly, topical series. In addition, the series features viral clips of the week and original videos created by and starring well-known actors and comedians. Each episode features the segment "Web Redemption," which gives subjects of infamous viral videos (i.e. Nintendo 64 Kid and Crying Giants Fan) a second chance to redeem themselves from the embarrassment with which they've become synonymous.
The "Tosh.0" blog (comedycentral.com/tosh) will maintain its presence by offering users new content with daily chances to interact with Tosh and the show.
"Tosh.0" is executive produced by Tosh and Scott Tomlinson. Gary Mann is the executive in charge of production for COMEDY CENTRAL.
Tosh has a long history with COMEDY CENTRAL having hosted the network's "Live at Gotham" stand-up series and performed on "Premium Blend" and "Friday Night Stand-Up." Tosh has also been featured on the all-comedy channel in a half-hour stand-up special "COMEDY CENTRAL Presents..." (2002) and on his first hour-long stand-up special, "Completely Serious" (2007). His premiere CD, "True Stories I Made Up," was released in 2005 through COMEDY CENTRAL Records.
COMEDY CENTRAL, the only all-comedy network, currently is seen in more than 95 million homes nationwide. COMEDY CENTRAL is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned division of Viacom Inc.'s (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B) MTV Networks. COMEDY CENTRAL's Internet address is www.comedycentral.com.