MYTHBUSTERS FALL 2010 MYTHS: CONFIRMED, PLAUSIBLE OR BUSTED?
New Episodes Air Throughout Fall 2010 Beginning 10/6
Fresh off its second Emmy(R) nomination for Outstanding Reality Program, MYTHBUSTERS returns Wednesday, October 6, 2010 with world premiere episodes. Called "the best science show on television," hosts Adam Savage, Jamie Hyneman, and Kari Byron, Tory Belleci and Grant Imahara aim to uncover the truth behind popular myths and legends by mixing scientific method with gleeful curiosity and plain old-fashioned ingenuity to create a signature style of experimentation.
The daring team delivers the goods this fall by using science to tackle myths including:
· Can a 747 simulate the havoc of a real tornado?
· Can a sniffer dog be thrown off the scent using household items?
· What happens when the poop literally hits the fan?
· Do people really get cold feet when they are afraid?
· Is 007 for real when he peels off his dive suit to reveal a perfectly pressed tuxedo?
· Could your laptop save you from a speeding bullet?
· What is the safest way to sneeze without spreading germs?
· Is it really possible to pull a tablecloth out from underneath a set table (using a motorcycle)?
· If your car turns upside down in deep water, is it still possible to safely get out?
· Can you really slap sense into someone?
· Is it possible to recreate an ancient killing device in modern day America?
· Is driving tired more dangerous than driving slightly inebriated?
· Do humans really use only 10% of their brain?