MUSIC AND MEMORIES SPRINKLED LIKE SUGAR IN "CMA COUNTRY CHRISTMAS"
Homespun Holiday Special Airs Monday, November 29 on the ABC Television Network and
Features Performances of Holiday Classics and Interviews with Artists and Their Families
Hosted by Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles, Performers Include Sheryl Crow, Little Big Town,
Martina McBride, Brad Paisley, Kellie Pickler, Rascal Flatts, Reba, LeAnn Rimes,
Darius Rucker and Sugarland
Jennifer Nettles, of reigning CMA Vocal Group of the Year Sugarland, hosts "CMA Country Christmas" with music, memories and stories of the season from some of the format's biggest stars. "CMA Country Christmas" airs MONDAY, NOVEMBER 29 (9:30-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.
Artists who perform in the special and share with fans their favorite holiday traditions include Sheryl Crow, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, Brad Paisley, Kellie Pickler, Rascal Flatts, Reba, LeAnn Rimes, Darius Rucker and Sugarland.
Country Music has a long been a part of holiday traditions, from Brenda Lee's "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" to Gene Autry's "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and the Elvis classic, "Blue Christmas."
"The themes you find in Country Music are the foundation of what makes the holidays meaningful � the comfort of home, family and friends," said Steve Moore, CMA Chief Executive Officer. "'CMA Country Christmas' will be wrapped in those traditions."
Some of the highlights include:
· Rare footage of a then 12-year-old Brad Paisley strumming a guitar and singing the first song he ever composed, "Born on Christmas Day," before he performed an acoustic version of "What Child Is This"
· Blond-tressed vixen Kellie Pickler in a red, satin gown that would have turned Mrs. Claus' cheeks crimson, sang "Santa Baby"
· Little Big Town, performing a stunning version of "Go Tell It on the Mountain," as well as providing their signature harmonies to a Sugarland performance of "Winter Wonderland"
· Forget the sleigh, it was a guitar-driven cover of "Run, Run, Rudolph" with Sheryl Crow and Brad Paisley
· Pulling heartstrings on the homefront, Rascal Flatts included messages to our military heroes recorded at Fort Campbell Air Force base during their salute of "I'll Be Home for Christmas"
· Martina McBride's soaring vocal on "O Holy Night"
· A favorite among the children in the audience was Reba, surrounded by eight swooning Santas, singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"
· Darius Rucker performing what is sure to become a holiday classic, "Candy Cane Christmas"
· LeAnn Rimes' rollicking take on the Brenda Lee classic "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" complete with dancing sailors
· And, of course, the full cast finale of "Jingle Bell Rock"
"CMA Country Christmas" is a production of the Country Music Association. Robert Deaton is the executive producer, Paul Miller is the director and David Wild is the writer. The special will be shot in high definition and broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.