Hallmark Channel Introduces the Ultimate Holiday App - The Most Comprehensive Holiday Guide & Gift Book for the Apple iPhone & iPad
Sponsored Exclusively by Coca-Cola, The Ultimate Holiday App is Free and Available for Download Today
NEW YORK -- This holiday season, it's never been easier to make your list � and check it twice! Hallmark Channel, television's premier destination for viewers to "Celebrate Life's Moments," and the new daytime home for The Martha Stewart Show, announced today the launch of The Ultimate Holiday App, the most comprehensive holiday guide and gift book application now available at the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad users.
Sponsored exclusively by Coca-Cola in the month of December, The Ultimate Holiday App features fun descriptions of more than 900 holidays throughout the year. This innovative and free application allows users to manage their holiday, anniversary or birthday gift giving for all their family and friends, as well as catalog the information, and share holidays with friends through Facebook, Twitter and email.
"Hallmark Channel is about celebrating life's moments, occasions, celebrations and holidays -- it's in the brand's 100 year old DNA," said Bill J. Abbott, president and CEO, Hallmark Channel. "We created The Ultimate Holiday App to enable our consumers and viewers to celebrate in a fun AND useful way, true to the spirit expected from the Hallmark brand."
Did you know that there are seven Christmas-related holidays - not including Christmas - in the month of December, including Santa's List Day (December 4) and Go Caroling Day (December 20), closely followed by Fruitcake Toss Day (January 3)? Did you know that there are at least 21 holidays throughout the year dedicated to ice cream? How about Hoodie Hoo Day (February 20) when people go out at noon, wave their hands over their heads and chant "Hoodie-Hoo" as way to chase away winter and bring in spring? We're guessing you didn't know about that one�well, now you do.
The Ultimate Holiday App features the following unique core functions to help consumers manage these holidays and many more:
· My Gift List - The core function of The Ultimate Holiday APP allows users to say goodbye to those random scraps of paper, notes to self and cumbersome gift lists crammed into pockets. The app takes a user's entire address book, combines it with an easy to use gift giving checklist and puts it all in the palm of your hand to track gift giving.
· Today's Holidays -- Showcases all holidays for today's date.
· Browse Holidays - Features a search function for all 365 days of holidays.
· Holidize Your Photos - Gives users the ability to dress photos with festive holiday flair and share with friends.
· Hallmark Channel Schedule -- View Hallmark Channel's complete programming schedule with the ability to easily share upcoming events with friends, including the network's year-round holiday event celebrations. Throughout the month of December, The Ultimate Holiday App lets viewers share more than 450 hours of holiday movies, series and specials from Hallmark Channel, the biggest holiday destination in television.
The Ultimate Holiday App is accompanied by a companion website TheUltimateHolidaySite.Com, which is an online version of the content offered by the app. The Ultimate Holiday App is free and can be downloaded at the Apple App Store, and get more information about the app on TheUltimateHolidaySite.com, or at www.Facebook/HallmarkChannel.com.
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel, owned and operated by Crown Media Holdings, Inc., is a 24-hour basic cable network that provides a diverse slate of high-quality entertainment programming available in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to a national audience of 87.5 million subscribers. The top tier program service is distributed through more than 5,450 cable systems and communities as well as direct-to-home satellite services across the country. Hallmark Channel is the nation's leading network in quality family programming with an ambitious slate of original TV movies, lifestyle and general entertainment content, and is the home of "The Martha Stewart Show", which anchors the channel's new daytime HOME block. Hallmark Channel's sibling network is Hallmark Movie Channel, also available in HD and SD, which focuses on the family-friendly movies with a mix of classic theatrical films, presentations from the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame library, original Hallmark Channel movies and special events.