MTV HEATS THINGS UP WITH PERFORMANCES BY WIZ KHALIFA, JASON DERULO, PITBULL AND LUPE FIASCO AS MTV SPRING BREAK 2011 HEADS TO LAS VEGAS
"Jersey Shore's" DJ Pauly D Hits the Turntables as MTV and Thousands of College Students Take Over Palms Casino Resort March 6 - 9, 2011
New York, NY (February 23, 2011) - While most of the country is enduring bitterly cold weather, MTV is ready to heat things up as the network takes over Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas as the official MTV Spring Break 2011 destination from March 6 - March 9, 2011. "Jersey Shore's" DJ Pauly D will be on the turntables at select parties, and artists Wiz Khalifa, Pitbull, Lupe Fiasco and Jason Derulo will keep the party going as they take the stage in front of thousands of college students. Nothing says MTV Spring Break better than great weather, sexy pool parties and kick-ass musical performances by some of the hottest emerging and established artists. This spring, what happens in Vegas is on MTV with Spring Break 2011 airing on MTV, MTV2 and mtvU.
On the ground Spring Break events and celebrities include:
· DJ Pauly D - DJ Pauly D will be on the scene guest DJing the daytime pool parties, giving students a chance to dance to the hottest music spun by one of the hottest DJs. Fans will also have the chance to party with him during the "Jersey Shore" 10 spot party, which he'll be co-hosting with cast mate Deena Nicole.
· Pool-side Performances: MTV will host explosive performances pool-side on Monday, March 7th and Tuesday, March 8th: ?
· Jason Derulo has dominated the airwaves with the triple-platinum debut single "Whatcha Say," platinum second single "In My Head" and platinum third single "Ridin Solo." The 20-year-old singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor has sold more than 14 million singles and 1 million albums worldwide and is the first male solo artist in history to have three singles hit the Top 10 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
· International superstar Pitbull's major label debut, Rebelution, dominated the charts with hit singles "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)," "Hotel Room Service" and club favorite "Krazy." Pitbull recently released Armando, his first full Spanish-language album. His next English album, Planet Pit, will hit stores this May and includes the chart-climbing "Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor)" featuring T-Pain, which reached #2 on iTunes.
· Lupe Fiasco rose to fame in 2006 following the success of Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor, he then released his second album, Lupe Fiasco's The Cool, in December 2007, where the single "Superstar" became a hit, peaking at number 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. The 2008 MTV Spring break performer and Grammy Award winning artist is currently wrapping up the sold-out Australia/New Zealand leg of his worldwide "Generation Lasers" tour. Signed to 1ST & 15TH / Atlantic, he will be releasing his third full-length collection, "LASERS" in stores and at all online retailers on March 8th, 2011.
· Wiz Khalifa, signed to Atlantic Records, embarked on a stint on the famed "Rock The Bells" tour alongside such legends as Lauryn Hill and Snoop Dogg, immediately followed by his nation-wide headlining tour, appropriately dubbed the "Waken Baken Tour." Most recently the 2011 mtvU Woodie Awards nominee has seen success with the video for his first release, "Black & Yellow" getting an astonishing 3 million views on YouTube. There is no question about it: Wiz Khalifa's debut album is bound to be something great.
· Screening Parties: During Spring Break week, MTV will air brand new episodes of Jersey Shore, Real World, Hard Times of RJ Berger and more. Every night at 10PM ET/PT, MTV will host a screening party in one of the Sky Villas at the Palms Hotel & Casino, where lucky spring breakers - joined by celebrity talent and MTV show talent - have the chance to view the premiere episodes before anyone else, mix and mingle with the cast and get the latest gossip from the show.
· EXPRESS Fashion Show: After casting some of the hottest models and MTV spring breakers at the EXPRESS RUNWAY lounge next to the pool, on Wednesday, March 9th MTV, and EXPRESS will host a fashion show showcasing the latest styles from EXPRESS.
MTV has a long-standing, close relationship with Las Vegas that's full of big moments and epic performances. MTV's first trip to Vegas took place in 2002 when seven strangers came together in Real World 12: Las Vegas. MTV ruled Vegas all summer in 2005 with MTV's Summer On The Strip. In 2007, the MTV Video Music Awards took over the Palms Casino and this spring, Real World is heading back to Las Vegas.
"Palms Casino Resort is thrilled to host MTV Spring Break 2011," said Palms owner George Maloof. "MTV and Palms are creating the ultimate destination for thousands of college students to kick-back and enjoy some much deserved time off. Between the pool parties and the live performances, this should be a spring break experience like no other."
Between the ages of 21-27 and want to party MTV style for spring break? Time is running out, so head to Palms Casino Resort now to secure your spot at the hottest Spring Break in 2011!
Official sponsors of MTV Spring Break 2011 are Burger King, EXPRESS, SoBe, Stride and Warner Bros. 'Arthur' & The Weinstein Co. 'Scream 4'.
MTV is the dynamic, vibrant experiment at the intersection of music, creativity and youth culture. For over 28 years, MTV has evolved, challenged the norm, and detonated boundaries -- giving each new generation a creative outlet and voice that entertains, informs and unites on every platform and screen. On-air, MTV is the number one full day-ad supported network for P12-24. Online, MTV.com averaged 24.5 million monthly unique visitors during the second quarter of 2010 -- up +13% year-over-year. Average video streams for the second quarter of 2010 increased +8% from Q1/2010. And MTV's successful sibling networks MTV2 and mtvU each deliver unprecedented customized content, super-serving young males, music fans, and college students like no one else. MTV is part of MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms.
Broadcast to more than 750 college campuses and via top cable distributors in 700 college communities nationwide, mtvU reaches nearly 9 million U.S. college students - making it the largest, most comprehensive television network just for college students. Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, mtvU can be seen in the dining areas, fitness centers, student lounges and dorm rooms of campuses throughout the U.S., as well as on cable systems from Charter Communications, Verizon FiOS TV, Suddenlink Communications, AT&T u-Verse and nearly 70 others. mtvU is dedicated to every aspect of college life, reaching students everywhere they are: on-air, online and on the campus. mtvU programs music videos from emerging artists that can't be seen anywhere else, news, student life features and initiatives that give college students the tools to advance positive social change. mtvU is always on campus, with hundreds of events per year, including exclusive concerts, giveaways, shooting mtvU series and more. For more information about mtvU, and a complete programming schedule, visit www.mtvU.com
About The Palms
The Palms Casino Resort, heralded as one of Las Vegas' hippest resorts, is an all-encompassing, one-stop destination. Owned by the Maloof family, the boutique property boasts three distinct towers and a diverse mix of bars and restaurants across a 95,000-square-foot casino. Amenities include the legendary Playboy Club; Ghostbar; Rain Nightclub; The Pearl Concert Theater; Moon Nightclub; N9NE Steakhouse; Nove Italiano; Little Buddha; Simon Restaurant & Lounge; The Palms Pool & Bungalows; Palms Spa and AMP Salon; Drift Spa & Hammam; LA Sunset Tan; Brenden Theatres, a 14-theatre Cineplex; Huntington Ink Tattoo Lounge; the Fantasy Suites, including the Hardwood Suite, the only hotel room in the world with its own basketball court; and over 60,000 square-feet of meeting space. The Palms has played host to MTV's Video Music Awards, Real World: Las Vegas and Bravo's Celebrity Poker Showdown, and E!'s Girls Next Door and Sunset Tan feature the resort on a regular basis. The Palms Casino Resort is located just west of the Las Vegas Strip and I-15 on Flamingo Road. For reservation information, call toll free at (866) PALMS-RES, (866) 725-6773, or visit www.palms.com. For groups of 15 rooms or more, contact the Sales Department at (866) PALMS-MTG or (866) 725-6768.