TLC Premieres & Ratings Highlights
19 KIDS & COUNTING
June 7; Tuesdays at 9pm thru August 2 - Season 5
Watch in Season 5 as the Duggars continue to celebrate Josie's first year! When Josie was born at only 25 weeks gestation and
weighing just over 1 pound, her survival was in question. Now over a year later, she reaches each and every baby milestone, from
saying her first words to taking her first steps and being able to travel for the very first time with her family. Through it all the Duggars
never lose sight of their priorities. With 19 children, 1 grandchild and another on the way, life isn't always easy but somehow they
make it all work.
August 5; Fridays at 10pm thru October 7 - Season 3
Each episode of FOUR WEDDINGS features four brides who've never met, but who've agreed to attend each other's weddings as
guests and judges. They'll sample and savor everything the big days have to offer, and then rate each wedding in the categories of
food, dress, venue and overall experience and originality. The bride whose wedding brings in the highest score wins a luxury
honeymoon to a surprise location.
HOARDING: BURIED ALIVE
July 10; Sundays at 9pm thru September 18 - Season 3
HOARDING: BURIED ALIVE takes an inside look at extreme hoarders and the psychology behind their compulsion to accumulate and
store large quantities of nonessential things. Each episode tells the stories of two hoarders struggling with behavior that has made daily
existence unbearable for them and their loved ones. With the help of expert therapists and organizers, the hoarders will attempt to
unlock the key to their obsessions in hope of reclaiming their lives.
I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS PREGNANT
August 17; Wednesdays at 9pm thru October 19 - Season 4
An intense series that reveals the astonishing stories of women who conceive and carry their babies all the way to labor and delivery,
while never even knowing they were pregnant.
KATE PLUS 8
August 8; Mondays at 9pm thru September 12 - Season 2
Join Kate and her eight adorable kids on more fun adventures! The family heads across the country on the trip of a lifetime in an RV ...
and Kate's driving! Kate and the twins visit the nation's capital and test out their baking skills. And there are some cute, new additions
to the family that are yellow and fluffy. From exciting events at home to exploring faraway places, the Gosselin family is always having
eight times the fun!
July 28; Thursdays at 10pm thru September 15 - Season 4
The new eight episodes follow renowned tattoo artist Kat Von D and her tattoo shop High Voltage. This season will focus on the last
nine months of Kat's life in which she has had a successful gallery opening, a whirlwind book tour, survived a devastating house fire
and got engaged to her soul mate, Jesse James. Art also unites a community when Kat and her shop host a benefit for Japanese
MY STRANGE ADDICTION
July 17; Sundays at 10pm thru August 7 - Season 2
MY STRANGE ADDICTION tells the compelling stories of people who are battling obsessive behaviors that are on the verge of taking
over their lives. From 26 inch fingernails to eating dryer sheets, follow these addicts as they reveal their strange addictions and meet
with psychological experts in attempt to understand their strange fixation and the mental & psychological aspects of their obsession.
OUTRAGEOUS KID PARTIES
August 17; Wednesdays at 10pm thru September 14 - Season 2
OUTRAGEOUS KID PARTIES is a behind the scenes peek into the lives of parents who'll spend more than they can afford to outdo
other parents, and give their kids celebrations that break the bank.
Whether it's a birthday party, a graduation, or any milestone celebration, each week Outrageous Kid Parties documents parents as
they go beyond their means to give their child a huge eye popping, jaw dropping fete. With high expectations, they force other family
members, friends and party planners to go to extreme measures to ensure this super fabulous party goes down in history.
SAY YES TO THE DRESS: ATLANTA
July 8; Fridays at 9pm thru September 30 - Season 2
SAY YES TO THE DRESS: ATLANTA brings Southern charm to a familiar series. Set in the nation's largest full service bridal salon,
viewers go behind the scenes at Bridal's by Lori to see what each bride goes through to find the perfect wedding dress. Particular,
fashionable and strong willed, these Southern brides keep the staff on their toes to make sure they get exactly what they want for one
of the most important days of their lives.
September 25; Sundays at 9pm thru November 27 - Season 2
Just as the sister wives get comfortable with fourth wife Robyn and her children, the Brown family is once again thrown into turmoil.
Coming out of the closet has changed some things for the better, as they don't have to hide their lifestyle anymore, but immediately
after going public as polygamists they learn that they are under investigation by the police. They try to go on with their lives, but the
tension mounts steadily, until finally, fearing that their happy, loving family could be torn apart, the Browns make an enormous decision.
It's a decision that will change their lives forever.
THE LITTLE COUPLE
May 31; Tuesdays at 10pm thru August 2 - Season 4
The series follows Bill, a successful businessman, and Jen, a pediatrician, who are both under four feet tall, as they share their unique
perspectives on life and love while planning to have a baby. This season focuses on their fertility journey as they attempt risky egg
extractions and ultimately decide on surrogacy.
TODDLERS & TIARAS
June 15; Wednesdays at 10p thru August 10 - Season 4
TODDLERS & TIARAS follows young pageant queens in the making and the passionate moms and dads who make it all happen. From
swimwear to fake eyelashes, hair extensions to sequins and glitter, the series showcases some of the most influential and sought-after
child beauty pageants in the country.
WHAT NOT TO WEAR
August 16; Tuesdays at 9pm thru September 20 - Season 9
Disasters should be handled by the professionals, fashion disasters included.
Enter Stacy London and Clinton Kelly, style experts for the couture-challenged. The fashionable duo swoop in to rescue the frumpy and
dumpy, the mismatched and the ill-flattered, for a chance at a life-changing fashion make-over. Nominated by friends and family, the
contestants toss all of their previous ideas about style and their entire wardrobe out the window, and put their faith in Stacy and Clinton,
master hairstylist Ted Gibson, and glamorous make-up artist Carmindy.
NEW SERIES PREMIERES
9/11: HEROES OF THE 88TH FLOOR
Special premieres Sunday, September 4 at 9pm
An untold story of survival and bravery of those whose lives were impacted when Flight 11 struck the North Tower of the World Trade
Center on September 11, 2001. Centering around two men -- Frank DeMartini and Pablo Ortiz -- we hear the extraordinary story of
how their remarkable acts of heroism, selflessness and courage saved the lives of over 75 people and touched many more. We also
hear from the survivors themselves, their firsthand accounts of what it was like to be at the center of this tragic day -- and through
archival footage and dramatic recreations -- we relive their chilling moments of being stranded on the upper floors of the North Tower
and their race against time to survive.
LIVIN' FOR THE APOCALYPSE
Special premieres Sunday, August 28 at 10pm
An inside look at communities and subcultures that are preparing for the Apocalypse. Each episode highlights 2-3 stories in the hour,
juxtaposing each participants' family's unique vision of the end of civilization and how they are preparing to survive.
BIG HAIR ALASKA (wt)
Special premieres Tuesday, September 20 at 10pm
This one-hour special goes inside a busy hair salon is Wasilla, AK, where the personalities of the owner and her staff are as big as the
hairstyles they create.
Premieres Tuesday, August 30 at 10pm thru September 13
Meet Tiffany, Nikki, Heather, Leslie and Audrey- five beautiful, plus-sized friends who are confident with their curves. They're single,
fashionable, and have big dreams of making it in the Big Apple. These Big Sexy ladies aren't afraid to strut their stuff on the runways,
in the dating scene, or on a bikini-clad beach. They're living large in New York City with one mission: to show the world that bigger is
better -- cuz' once you go big, you never go twig!
MY COLLECTION OBSESSION
Special premieres Sunday, August 21 at 10pm
MY COLLECTION OBSESSION one-hour special is taking you deep inside the world of the country's most extreme collectors. Each
episode will feature 4 unique collectors, each with his or her material obsession that's taken to jaw-dropping extremes. We'll hear
fascinating backstories and anecdotes as they tour us through their oversized anthologies and bring us along on their compulsive
searching - all revealing the truth behind their real collecting motivations.
PRISON DIARIES (wt)
Premieres Thursday, September 22 at 10pm thru November 27
The series Prison Diaries takes viewers on an exclusive and harrowing journey inside the female criminal mind, to discover why the
women who are incarcerated in America's prisons, don't just hurt the people they love, they have been found guilty of murdering them.
Three women, three brutal crimes; three stories of love, betrayal and murder.
Sneak Peek May 30th, series premieres July 11 at 10pm through August 22
The series, hosted by Billy Ray Cyrus, presents a series of surprise military homecomings. In each episode, viewers will watch as
soldiers return home to the delight of their loved ones, paying off each personal story with "the" moment so sweet and raw that it cuts
through, connecting us as fathers, mothers, husbands, and wives.
UNTITLED THERESA CAPUTO MEDIUM PROJECT (wt)
Premieres Sunday, September 25 thru October 30 at 10pm
This new docu-series follows Theresa Caputo - a 'normal' mom from New York who balances a full family life... with her ability to
communicate with the dead. Each episode will show how this gift impacts her life and the lives of those around her.
HIGH STAKES SWEEPERS
Special premieres Sunday, August 14 at 10pm
HIGH STAKES SWEEPERS is a one- hour special that tells the stories of die-hard "sweepers." They spend up to 60 hours per week
searching for forms, buying products and testing their luck in thousands of contests in the hopes of winning anything from a tube of
toothpaste to a trip to Italy. They're raiding the supermarkets, taking the kids dumpster-diving for bottle caps and relying on both
strategy and superstition to improve their chances. Viewers will enter their world to see how sweeping has affected their lives, check
out the thousands of things they've won and be there when the doorbell rings for the next big prize.
WORLD'S SMALLEST MAN
Special premieres Sunday, September 18 at 10pm
This special explores the extraordinary life of Edward Hernandez who at the age of 24 is just 27 inches tall. Because of his tiny size, at
home in one of the poorest neighbourhoods of Bogota in Colombia, Edward is used to unwanted attention from strangers, but last year
his life changed dramatically when he was officially declared the shortest man in the world. The media frenzy was immediate. How
would Edward cope with overnight fame and with so many contenders for this iconic record, how long could he keep hold of his title?
TLC.com is the playground for the modern mom. On the site she can immerse herself in content surrounding all her favorite TLC shows
- from videos to blogs written by TLC talent to photo galleries and behind the scenes material. We've got everything a TLC fan could
need or want. But TLC.com goes beyond television into a woman's real life as well. Our Family, Cooking, Home, Style and Wedding
hubs are chock full of funky, fun and informative content that's distinctly TLC. TLC.com is also where you'll find our mom-blog network,
Parentables. Parentables is a site about the state of modern parenthood, where "chief household officers" from all walks of line can
learn from each other's' foibles and successes. With 20-plus contributor's publishing 10 articles per day on a variety of topics, we aim to
inspire, entertain, and tell it like it is.
Internationally, TLC is now available in more than 30 markets and nearly 75 million households outside the US. TLC is on track to
reach 75 markets and 100 million households in 2011, making it the most widely distributed female-targeted entertainment and lifestyle
channel brand in pay-TV.
Half 2011 (1Q '11 & 2Q '11 through June 26, 2011)
Ratings / Median Age
· TLC Prime in the First Half of 2011 (1Q and 2Q) posted a 6% delivery gain over the First Half of 2010 among W25-54.
· TLC Prime in the First Half of 2011 (1Q and 2Q) had the highest delivery of any combined 1Q and 2Q in 7 years among W25-
54 and P2+.
· TLC's Prime median age for the First Half of 2011 (42.7 years) was slightly younger than the First Half of 2010 (43.1 years).
· TLC Prime in the First Half of 2011 (1Q and 2Q) ranked among the top 10 ad supported cable for delivery among Women
· TLC ranked in the top 10 six out of seven nights of the week in Prime among W25-54 (except Thursday).
· TLC ranked in the top 10 four out of seven nights of the week in Prime among W18-49 (except Tuesday, Saturday and
· TLC Friday Prime ranked #1 among ad-supported cable for delivery among W18-49/18-34 and #2 among W25-54 in the First
Half of 2011.
· TLC Wednesday Prime ranked #2 among ad-supported cable for delivery among W18-34 and in the top 5 among W25-54/18-
49 in the First Half of 2011.
· TLC Monday Prime ranked among the top 10 among ad-supported cable for delivery among W25-54/18-49 in the First Half of
Series averaging 1.0 million P2+ viewers or more
In the First Half of 2011, TLC has 23 series, 8 new and 15 that are returning, that have over 1M P2+ viewers in 2011 to-date: Sarah
Palin's Alaska (2.4M), Cake Boss: Next Great Baker (2.0M), Extreme Couponing (1.9M), Sister Wives (1.9M), My Big Fat Gypsy
Wedding (1.8M), Cake Boss (1.7M), My Strange Addiction (1.6M), Toddlers & Tiaras (1.5M), Say Yes to the Dress (1.4M), NY Ink
(1.4M), Say Yes to the Dress: Randy Knows Best (1.3M), Hoarding: Buried Alive (1.3M), Police Women of Cincinnati (1.3M), 19 Kids
and Counting (1.2M), The Little Couple (1.2M), Four Weddings (1.2M), Outrageous Kid Parties (1.2M), What Not to Wear (1.1M), Say
Yes to the Dress: Big Bliss (1.1M), Strange Sex (1.1M), Kate Plus 8 (1.1M), Police Women of Broward County (1.1M) and The
Series averaging 1.5 million P2+ viewers or more
In the First Half of 2011, TLC has 8 series averaging 1.5 million P2+ viewers or more including Sarah Palin's Alaska (2.4M), Cake
Boss: Next Great Baker (2.0M), Extreme Couponing (1.9M), Sister Wives (1.9M), My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding (1.8M), Cake Boss
(1.7M), My Strange Addiction (1.6M), Toddlers & Tiaras (1.5M).
Programs: 2011 through 2Q '11 Ratings
19 Kids and Counting
· In the First Half of 2011, season 5 (thru 6/26/11) of 19 Kids and Counting achieved an average HH rating of 1.0 and was
viewed by an average number of 1.2 million P2+ viewers.
· In the First Half of 2011, season 4 (thru 6/26/11) of Cake Boss achieved an average HH rating of 1.2 and was viewed by an
average number of 1.6 million P2+ viewers.
Cake Boss: Next Great Baker
· Season 1 (12/6/10-1/24/11) of Cake Boss: Next Great Baker achieved an average HH rating of 1.3 and was viewed by an
average number of 1.8 million P2+ viewers.
· Season 1 of Extreme Couponing achieved an average HH rating of 1.4 and was viewed by an average number of 1.9 million
· Season 1 of Extreme Couponing ranked in the top 3 each week among all ad-supported cable programming with W18-49/18-
34 and in the top 5 among W25-54 (excluding sports and awards shows).
· Season 3 of Four Weddings achieved an average HH rating of 1.0 and was viewed by an average number of 1.2 million P2+
Hoarding: Buried Alive
· The season 3 premiere of TLC's Hoarding: Buried Alive (7/10/11) achieved an average HH rating of 1.1 and was viewed by an
average number of 1.5 million P2+ viewers.
· The season 3 premiere of TLC's Hoarding: Buried Alive (7/10/11) posted double-digit gains among all key demos (HH, P/W
25-54, P/W 18-49 P/W 18-34) in delivery vs. its Sunday season 2 opener.
· The season 3 premiere of Hoarding: Buried Alive (7/10/11) at 10p was a top 20 ad-supported cable telecast of the night
(7/10/11) among W25-54 and W18-49 in delivery.
Kate Plus 8
· In the First Half of 2011, season 2 (thru 6/26/11) of Kate Plus 8 achieved an average HH rating of 0.9 and was viewed by an
average number of 1.1 million P2+ viewers.
The Little Couple
· In the First Half of 2011, season 4 (thru 6/26/11) of The Little Couple achieved an average HH rating of 1.0 and was viewed by
an average number of 1.2 million P2+ viewers.
My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding
· Season 1 of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding achieved an average HH rating of 1.3 and was viewed by an average number of 1.8
million P2+ viewers.
My Strange Addiction
· Season 1 of My Strange Addiction achieved an average HH rating of 1.2 and was viewed by an average number of 1.6 million
· In the First Half of 2011, season 1 (thru 6/26/11) of NY Ink achieved an average HH rating of 1.0 and was viewed by an
average number of 1.4 million P2+ viewers.
Outrageous Kid Parties
· Season 1 of Outrageous Kid Parties achieved an average HH rating of 0.8 and was viewed by an average number of 1.2
million P2+ viewers.
Police Women of Broward County
· Season 2 of Police Women of Broward County achieved an average HH rating of 0.8 and was viewed by an average number
of 1.1 million P2+ viewers.
Police Women of Cincinnati
· Season 1 of Police Women of Cincinnati achieved an average HH rating of 1.0 and was viewed by an average number of 1.3
million P2+ viewers.
Say Yes to the Dress
· Season 6 of Say Yes to the Dress achieved an average HH rating of 1.2 and was viewed by an average number of 1.4 million
· The sixth season of Say Yes to the Dress delivered its highest ratings to date (with SYTTD itself and not Atlanta or Big Bliss)
among HH, P/W25-54, P/W18-49 and best delivery among P2+.
· The sixth season of Say Yes to the Dress saw double-digit rating and delivery gains from the fifth season with key demos (HH,
P/W25-54 and P/W18-49 and P2+).
Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta
· The combined season 2 premieres of TLC's Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta (7/8/11) achieved an average HH rating of 1.2 and
were viewed by an average number of 1.4 million P2+ viewers.
· The 9p and 9:30p telecasts of Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta (7/8/11) were both top-5 ad-supported cable telecasts in delivery
for Primetime among all key women.
· TLC's Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta premieres (7/8/11) posted double-digit gains among all key women (W25-54/18-49/18-34)
in delivery vs. its season 1 opener.
Say Yes to the Dress: Big Bliss
· Season 2 of Say Yes to the Dress: Big Bliss achieved an average HH rating of 0.9 and was viewed by an average number of
1.1 million P2+ viewers.
Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids
· The combined series premieres of TLC's Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids (7/8/11) achieved an average HH rating of 1.4
and delivered 1.7M million P2+ viewers.
· TLC's premieres of Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids (7/8/11) posted double-digit gains among all key demos in delivery vs.
the season 1 openers of Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta and Say Yes to the Dress: Randy Knows Best.
· The premieres of Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids at 10:30p and 10p (7/8/11) were the #1 and #2 ad-supported cable
telecasts of the night respectively among W25-54 and W18-49 in delivery. Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids at 10:30p and
10p were also the #2 and #3 ad-supported cable telecast in delivery among W18-34 (behind the ABC Family movie).
Say Yes to the Dress: Randy Knows Best
· Season 1 of Say Yes to the Dress: Randy Knows Best achieved an average HH rating of 1.1 and was viewed by an average
number of 1.3 million P2+ viewers.
· Season 2 of Sister Wives achieved an average HH rating of 1.5 and was viewed by an average number of 1.9 million P2+
· Season 2 of Strange Sex achieved an average HH rating of 0.9 and was viewed by an average number of 1.1 million P2+
· The series premiere of TLC's Surprise Homecoming (7/11/11) achieved an average HH rating of 1.2 and was viewed by an
average number of 1.6M P2+ viewers.
· TLC's Surprise Homecoming premiere (7/11/11) posted double to triple-digit gains among Households, P/W 25-54/18-49/18-
34 in delivery vs. its sneak peak premiere (Mon, May 31, 10-11 ET/PT).
· TLC's Surprise Homecoming premiere (7/11/11) posted double-digit gains among Households, all key demos (P/W 25-54/18-
49/18-34) and P2+ in delivery vs. the prior six week Prime premiere average and the 2011 to-date Prime premiere average.
Toddlers and Tiaras
· In the First Half of 2011, season 4 (thru 6/26/11) of Toddlers and Tiaras achieved an average HH rating of 1.5 and was viewed
by an average number of 2.0 million P2+ viewers.
What Not to Wear
· Season 8 of What Not to Wear achieved an average HH rating of 1.0 and was viewed by an average number of 1.2 million
TLC is a global brand that celebrates extraordinary people and relatable life moments
through innovative nonfiction programming. A top 10 cable network for women, TLC
has built successful franchises around the Cake Boss, Say Yes to the Dress and
Police Women brands. In the first half of 2011, TLC had 23 series averaging 1.0
million viewers or more including Extreme Couponing, Sister Wives, 19 Kids and
Counting, What Not To Wear, and Kate Plus 8.
TLC is available in more than 99 million homes in the US and 75 million households
in 34 countries internationally. A destination online, TLC.com offers in-depth fan sites,
exclusive video content, and original editorial covering style, home, food, and more.
Fans can also interact with TLC via On Demand services, on mobile platforms,
including an iPhone App, and through social media such as Facebook or @TLC on
Twitter. TLC is part of Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB,
DISCK), the world's number one nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5
billion cumulative subscribers in over 210 countries and territories.