CBS AND FOURSQUARE PRESENT "THE AMAZING RACE" FOURSQUARE BRAND PAGE
"The Amazing Race" Celebrates Its 10-Year Anniversary This Fall with 10 Years of Travel Tips, Trivia and More
CBS and foursquare unveiled today a brand page for THE AMAZING RACE, where foursquare users can check-in with their smart phones to receive travel tips and series-related fun facts from the Emmy Award-winning reality program.
Fans following THE AMAZING RACE brand page will be one of the first to know where the Racers are traveling to each week when the show checks in from the various international locations. Some of the new locations that Teams are visiting this season include Indonesia, Malawi, Belgium and Denmark.
This fall marks the 10-year anniversary of THE AMAZING RACE, which originally premiered on Sept. 5, 2001.
"I've been fortunate to travel all over the world throughout my career to some truly magnificent locations, both abroad and here in the states," said Phil Keoghan, host of CBS's THE AMAZING RACE. "And part of the excitement that comes with traveling to new places is being able to share those experiences with our fans."
"The Amazing Race is all about exploring, which is also the core of what foursquare is about," said Jonathan Crowley, Director of Media Partnerships for foursquare. "There are over 10 million people checking in on foursquare, and now all those people can have an Amazing Race experience with their daily activities. Anyone can check in at locations from the show, get insider tips and watch exclusive videos from Phil Keoghan."
Examples of the various tips users will find on THE AMAZING RACE foursquare brand page include:
· Video tips from Phil Keoghan featuring advice for packing, traveling, where to go and what to do in cities and places around the world. Click here to see Phil's advice on getting through airport security lines http://bit.ly/poo0ZB
· THE AMAZING RACE trivia tips: Fun facts and photos from the Race's first 10 years from previous locations all over the world.
· "The Amazing Race" trivia: Over the first 10 years "The Amazing Race" raced through 74 countries.
· "The Amazing Race" trivia: Over the first 10 years "The Amazing Race" has traveled approximately 586,000 miles around the world!
· Exclusive tips featured weekly from each episode's eliminated Team of Racers, including their favorite locations from the Race, attractions and more.
For a complete list of tips, visit http://4sq.com/njq7LN. Content and tips will be updated weekly throughout the season.
The new season of THE AMAZING RACE premieres Sunday, Sept. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network
THE AMAZING RACE sends 11 teams on a trek around the world. Each Team is comprised of two people who have a pre-existing relationship with one another. At every destination, each Team competes in a series of challenges - some mental and some physical - and when the tasks have been completed, they learn their next destination. Teams who are farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning $1 million.
Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Elise Doganieri and Mark Vertullo are the executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc. in association with ABC Studios and Amazing Race Productions. THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.