CMT GIVES THANKS FOR MUSIC WITH A PREMIERE-PACKED NOVEMBER FEATURING
CMT CROSSROADS, CMT INVITATION ONLY, LIVE EVENT COVERAGE AND MORE
NASHVILLE - November 4, 2011 - CMT kicks off November with a full slate of music programming that includes the highly-anticipated premiere of CMT CROSSROADS: STING AND VINCE GILL, CMT INVITATION ONLY: BLAKE SHELTON, BEHIND THE MUSIC: MIRANDA LAMBERT and the network's exclusive live coverage from the red carpet of "The 45th Annual CMA Awards." Beginning this weekend, CMT celebrates the 2011 CMA Awards all week long with themed music hours, specials and its annual live red carpet show. Visit www.CMAawards.CMT.com for the latest CMA news, videos, nominee updates and more.
CMT.com is heavy with new music on the site throughout the month of November. The Band Perry is CMT.com's POSTED artist this month, and the site serves as a one-stop destination for the groups' superfans to find social media updates, exclusive videos, photos and news all month long.
In video news, CMT and CMT.com recently premiered exclusive videos from LeAnn Rimes, "A Good Hearted Woman" and "The Bottle Let Me Down," to support her upcoming CMT original movie REEL LOVE debuting Sunday, November 13 at 7:00-9:00 p.m., ET/PT. Several other videos are slated to world premiere in November, along with a Thanksgiving-themed video countdown featuring the top 30 family videos.
CMA-RELATED PROGRAMS ON CMT:
· CMT CELEBRATES THE 2011 CMA AWARDS - CMT celebrates CMA Awards week with nominee-themed music hours beginning Friday, Nov. 5 at 6:00-11:00 a.m. ET/PT, and continuing daily from 6:00-Noon ET/PT through Wednesday, Nov. 9.
· CMT INSIDER: CMA NOMINEE REPORT (Saturday, Nov. 5 at 1:30-2:00 p.m., ET/PT) - hosted by Katie Cook, the half-hour special takes an in-depth look at the 2011 CMA Awards categories and nominees with exclusive new interviews.
· STACKED: CMA VIDEO OF THE YEAR NOMINEES 2011 (Sunday, Nov. 6 at 10:30-11:00 a.m., ET/T) - CMT stacks the five videos nominated for CMA Video of the Year in this 30-minute special.
· CMA RED CARPET SPECIAL 2011 (Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 7:00-8:00 p.m., ET/PT) - Once again, CMT goes LIVE to the CMA Awards Red Carpet for unparalleled coverage with hosts Katie Cook and Evan Farmer.
· CMT.COM RED CARPET RANT & RAVE - Online exclusively at CMT.com, meet stylist to the stars Trish Townsend. CMT.com just launched three all-new videos featuring Trish, complete with style tips and insight on what to expect this year at the CMA Awards red carpet.
· BEHIND THE MUSIC: MIRANDA LAMBERT (Monday, Nov. 14 at 10:00-11:00 p.m., ET/PT) - CMT will air VH1's all-new installment of BEHIND THE MUSIC, with an inside look at Grammy Award-winning artist and country rocker Miranda Lambert.
· CMT INVITATION ONLY: BLAKE SHELTON (Monday, Nov. 14 at 11:00-midnight p.m., ET/PT) - Country superstar Blake Shelton performs his hits in this exclusive edition of CMT INVITATION ONLY. He performs his ballad, "God Gave Me You," along with his remake of "Footloose," his rowdy tune "Hillbilly Bone" and much more. The select, intimate audience of fans is witness to Shelton's personal side in an entertaining question and answer segment.
· CMT CROSSROADS: STING AND VINCE GILL (Thusrday, Nov. 24 at 10:00-11:30 p.m., ET/PT) - Together they have earned over 35 Grammys, sold over 125 million albums, and performed in front of as many, if not more, music lovers all over the world. Now world-renowned musician Sting and country legend Vince Gill will make music history in the newest episode of CMT CROSSROADS: STING AND VINCE GILL.
· CMT CELEBRATES: TOP 30 FAMILY VIDEOS FOR THANKSGIVING (Thusrday, Nov. 24 at 6:00-9:00 a.m., ET/PT and again at 9:00-noon, ET/PT) - CMT serves up a feast of videos for Thanksgiving, counting down the top 30 family videos in spirit of the holiday.
CMT, a unit of Viacom's MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 93 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network's digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.