DISNEY CHANNEL EVOLVES ONLINE AND MOBILE OFFERINGS AT DISNEYCHANNEL.COM TO MORE DEEPLY ENGAGE KIDS & TWEENS
In an ongoing effort to super-serve kids and tweens across the platforms that are most relevant to their lifestyles, Disney Channel is launching a completely redesigned online offering allowing their kid and tween audiences more intuitive ways to find, share and engage with their favorite Disney Channel shows. A collaboration between the Disney/ABC Television Group's Digital Media team and the Disney Interactive Media Group, the new site, currently available for preview at www.DisneyChannel.com/beta, was built on industry-leading video, advertising and content management platforms that will also power the next generation of Disney.com.
The new DisneyChannel.com will feature a dynamic homepage newsfeed, updated daily with videos, games, polls, photos and shout-outs. On the site, fans will be able to comment on and/or share any piece of content in a fun, kid-friendly atmosphere. In the coming weeks, a new tween lifestyle section, where kids can find informational tips and trends on style, technology, music and everything that is relevant in their lives, along with social media tools, and even more exclusive video, will rollout.
"This tremendous evolution of DisneyChannel.com enables us to be even more versatile and creative in the ways we deliver relevant and timely content to our viewers. Our goal is to always anticipate the desires of our viewers across the platforms and devices they interact with on a daily basis," said Gary Marsh, President and Chief Creative Officer, Disney Channels Worldwide. "Working in partnership, the Disney Channel digital media team and Disney Interactive Media Group have gone to great lengths, bringing together the top technology talent across both of our teams, to create a new site that, among many other cutting-edge features, incorporates a variety of age-appropriate social tools that make finding, consuming and sharing media easier and more fun."
To respond to growing mobile content consumption with the tween segment, the site will also be available across mobile devices.
New features available today at www.DisneyChannel.com/beta include:
· Homepage in newsfeed layout
· Videos and games can be found and played on the homepage
· "Recommended" content accompanies each story within the content feed
· Moderated commenting
· Share/send to a friend via email
· New, improved index pages for Games, Shows and Movies
In the coming weeks, the site will roll out the following:
· New tween/lifestyle section that features original content around Disney Channel's core themes of friendship, family, style, dance, music, sports, and technology. Fans will have the ability to comment and share individual posts.
· "Shout Out" modules that are designed to communicate a short message to fans from talent or feature content from other fans.
· Streaming Radio Disney music module allows fans to listen to music through the site.
· Activity/create modules on the homepage
· Opinion polls that allow Disney Channel viewers to share their perspectives
· Photo Albums
· Sharing via text message, embed code and url
· "Like" Functionality
Disney Channel is a 24-hour kid-driven, family inclusive television network that taps into the world of kids and families through original series and movies. Currently available on basic cable in nearly 99 million U.S. homes and to millions of other viewers on Disney Channels around the world, Disney Channel is part of the Disney/ABC Television Group.