THE STYLE NETWORK TO PREMIERE THE 2012 STYLE AWARDS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14 AT 8PM ET/PT
THE STYLE NETWORK TO BE FIRST TELEVISION NETWORK TO PREMIERE THE 2012 STYLE AWARDS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14 AT 8PM ET/PT
Renowned Designer Carolina Herrera Receives "Designer of the Year" Award,
Presented by Katie Holmes
LOS ANGELES - September 6, 2012 - For the first time, The Style Network brings the 9th annual Style Awards to television, celebrating fashion community's top designers and style icons. At the epicenter of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, The 2012 Style Awards bring together creative geniuses and celebrity icons, such as Katie Holmes, Iman, Nicole Richie, Katharine McPhee, Carolina Herrera and Jeff Gordon, to recognize their artistic accomplishments on The Stage at Lincoln Center. Partnering with Penske Media Corporation (PMC) and IMG Fashion, Style will present The 2012 Style Awards on Friday, September 14 at 8pm ET/PT.
The 2012 Style Awards honor influential costume designers, stylists, models, actors, photographers, makeup artists and hair stylists who have contributed and determined the trends for the world's most memorable and iconic fashions. This year's honorees were chosen by the Style Awards' Nominating Committee which is comprised of esteemed individuals in the entertainment and fashion communities.
The 2012 Style Awards winners and presenters follow:
· "Designer of the Year" - Carolina Herrera, presented by Katie Holmes
· "Breakthrough Designer of the Year" - Prabal Gurung, presented by Elettra Wiedemann
· "Celebrity Stylist of the Year" - Cristina Ehrlich, presented by Amy Adams
· "One to Watch (Female)" - Katharine McPhee, presented by Joe Zee
· "One to Watch (Male)" - Ed Westwick, presented by Simon Spurr
· "Model of the Year" - Joan Smalls, presented by Iman
· "Most Stylish Athlete" - Henrik Lundqvist, presented by Jeff Gordon
· "Hair Stylist of the Year" - Andy Lecompte, presented by Nicole Richie
· "Makeup Artist of the Year" - Virginia Young, presented by Elaine Irwin
· "TV Costume Designer of the Year" - Jenn Rogien, presented by Allison Williams
· "Film Costume Designer of the Year" - Sandy Powell, presented by Hal Rubematein
· "Accessories Designer of the Year" - Reed Krakoff, presented by Rachel Taylor
About Style Media
Style Media, a global multimedia company that includes Style and myStyle.com, is the destination for women 18-49 seeking to fuel their insatiable appetite for looking great and living stylishly. Style currently counts nearly 78 million cable and satellite subscribers and is the fastest growing women's network in the U.S. MyStyle.com keeps women up-to-date on all of the latest fashion and beauty news on the web. Style's popular series include "Tia & Tamera," "Jerseylicious," "Giuliana & Bill," "Chicagolicious," "Empire Girls: Julissa & Adrienne" and "Big Rich Texas." Style is a network of NBCUniversal Entertainment & Digital Networks and Integrated Media, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/StyleNetPR.