DISCOVERY CHANNEL'S "CHOPPER LIVE" EXPERIENCE INTENSIFIES FOR FANS ONLINE & THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA
- Four-Way Rivalry Extended Through ChopperLive.com and Live, On-Air Twitter Integration -
Silver Spring, Md. - AMERICAN CHOPPER's Paul Teutul Sr. and Paul Teutul Jr., OUTLAW GARAGE's Jesse James and FAST N' LOUD's Richard Rawlings and Aaron Kaufman are ready to duke it out in Vegas next week for the bragging rights of being the ultimate bike builder in CHOPPER LIVE: THE REVENGE. However, the competition and grease slinging has already started, and Discovery Channel is bringing fans of these talented fabricators into the middle of the action with extensive digital and social media offerings that let fans declare their loyalties.
At the center of the immersive experience is ChopperLive.com, the online hub for the latest videos, team bios, Twitter buzz and more. Fans can join the "Countdown to the Revenge" and sign up for text alerts, while also sharing their Team support on Facebook and Twitter with custom badges.
Next week, viewers will have even more opportunities to engage in the CHOPPER LIVE experience, including:
· Showing Team Loyalty on GetGlue: In addition to downloading team badges on the CHOPPER LIVE fansite, viewers can check in on GetGlue with their loyalties to unlock team-specific stickers, in addition to exclusive stickers during Monday and Tuesday night's installments.
· Following the Road to Revenge Online: Beginning December 8, visitors to ChopperLive.com will have access to behind-the-scenes footage from the Vegas desert featuring the teams and their bikes, leading up to Monday's special.
· Taking Sides Through Live, On-Air Tweets: Monday's two-hour CHOPPER LIVE: ROAD TO REVENGE special at 9pm ET/PT will feature Tweets from fans curated in real-time into the show. Are you #TeamJunior, #TeamSenior, #TeamJesse or #TeamFastNLoud?
· Entering to Win in the 'Sin City Sweepstakes': By visiting ChopperLive.com and casting their SMS votes, viewers will be entered to win exclusive swag in the Sin City Sweepstakes, including a signed guitar from CHOPPER LIVE musical act Lynyrd Skynyrd, a GoPro HERO3 camera, a custom iPad Mini and a special prize pack.
· Texting to Vote: Beginning at 11pm ET on Monday, December 10, fans can text their votes to determine which team wins CHOPPER LIVE: THE REVENGE. Will the Twitter buzz match the outcome of the official vote? Viewers will find out during the live show on Tuesday night.
· Tuning Into the Chopper Live 'Backstage Pass': Right before Tuesday's live event at 8:45pm ET, viewers will have behind-the-scenes access at ChopperLive.com. Hosted by Chris Jacobs (of Overhaulin'), the Backstage Pass will feature interviews with the builders during on-air commercial breaks, a look at what fans are saying on Twitter and more.
CHOPPER LIVE: ROAD TO REVENGE premieres on Monday, December 10, at 9pm ET/PT. On Tuesday, December 11 at 9pm ET/PT, Discovery Channel will air CHOPPER LIVE: THE REVENGE live from the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, hosted by Sal Masekela.
AMERICAN CHOPPER is produced for Discovery Channel by Pilgrim Studios. Craig Piligian, Ralph Wikke and Mitch Rosa are executive producers for Pilgrim Studios, andChristo Doyle is executive producer for Discovery Channel.
About Discovery Channel
Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.8 million U.S. homes, can be seen in 210 countries and territories, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world. For more information, please visit www.discovery.com.
About Discovery Communications
Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 209 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity through 149 worldwide television networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science and Investigation Discovery, as well as U.S. joint venture networks OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, The Hub and 3net, the first 24-hour 3D network. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools and owns and operates a diversified portfolio of digital media services, including Revision3. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.