ESQUIRE NETWORK UNVEILS NEW PROGRAMMING SLATE
A strategic partnership between NBCUniversal and Hearst Magazines, publishers of Esquire, Esquire Network explores the interests, passions and aspirations of men today. The network's programming covers topics from sports and recreation to food and drink, travel and adventure, fashion and style, technology and gadgets, women and relationships, and politics and talk. Featuring a blend of unscripted and scripted series, movies and specials, Esquire Network is partnering with the industry's top producers and talent to roll out an all-new primetime schedule when the network debuts September 23, 2013.
· ESQUIRE 80TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL (WT) (1x120, premieres September 23, 2013) -- This two-hour special commemorates Esquire magazine's landmark 80th anniversary. Timed to coincide with the October debut of the magazine's anniversary issue, the ESQUIRE 80TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL (WT) looks back at the social, political and cultural forces that shaped our lives over the last eight decades - told through the lens of the magazine, its stories, images and covers.
· KNIFE FIGHT (18x30, premieres September 24, 2013) -- It's cook or be cooked as chefs face off in underground, after-hours cooking bouts in a gritty new cooking competition show hosted by Top Chef Season 2 winner Ilan Hall. For each half-hour episode, two chefs go head-to-head, making at least two dishes in one hour from a combination of secret ingredients. In each match-up, chefs feel the heat as they're cheered and heckled by a rowdy crowd - including celebrities, food professionals and die-hard foodies who serve as judges and timekeepers, such as Drew Barrymore, Elijah Wood, Jason Lee, Bijou Phillips, Erika Christensen and more. Executive produced by Drew Barrymore, Flower Films and Authentic Entertainment.
· BREW DOGS (6x60, premieres September 24, 2013) -- Scottish "beer evangelists" James Watt and Martin Dickie own the UK's fastest-growing brewery, but they've come to America with a vital mission: to prove that the drink of the masses doesn't need to taste mass-produced. In each episode, James and Martin visit a different American beer town, celebrate distinctive craft beers and create their own locally-inspired draft. Produced by Custom Productions and Redtail Media.
· THE GETAWAY (10x60, premieres September 25, 2013) -- Anyone can be a tourist, but to experience a city like a local takes a great guide. From executive producer Anthony Bourdain and Zero Point Zero Production, comes a series that tags along with travel-loving celebs as they explore the world's most amazing cities. Each week a new celeb takes on a new city - meeting culinary innovators, sampling local libations and exploring the hot spots that make these getaways unforgettable. The first season features Joel McHale in Belfast, Northern Ireland; Aziz Ansari in Hong Kong; Aisha Tyler in Paris; Grammy Award-winning performer-songwriter Eve in Kingston, Jamaica; acclaimed chef José Andrés in San Juan, Puerto Rico and more to be announced.
· BOUNDLESS (8x60, premieres September 25, 2013) -- Two ultra athletes. Five months. Eight of the toughest endurance races in the world. With the globe as their playground, friends and fierce competitors Simon Donato and Paul "Turbo" Trebilcock aim to prove that boundaries are meant to be broken. The docuseries chronicles both pain and triumph as Turbo and Simon climb, run and bike up anything they can find over five straight months of extreme challenges. Will they finish all eight races and make it through this ultimate test of mind, body and spirit?
· RISKY LISTING (6x60, premieres Fall) - Go behind the velvet rope and enter the exclusive, intensely competitive world of New York nightlife real estate with the high-end listings agents determined to find and sell the Big Apple's next "It" spot. Follow along with the agents as they cut deals for the hottest bar, restaurant and nightclub spaces -- and try to stay on top in the city that never sleeps. The playground of New York's coolest crowds may be their office, but in a cutthroat business, with millions on the line, can they close the deal before last call? Produced by Zodiak New York.
· WHITE COLLAR BRAWLERS (6x60, premieres Fall) -- We've all daydreamed about it... Taking down an obnoxious colleague or pummeling a workplace rival. Produced by Authentic Entertainment, WHITE COLLAR BRAWLERS makes these dreams a reality. In every episode, two office adversaries push themselves to the limit and learn to box from some of the sport's most hardcore trainers. Finally, they'll step into the ring and put it all on the line - letting their fists determine the winner.
· HOW I ROCK IT (6x30, premieres Fall) - Host and NBA superstar Baron Davis profiles the athletes, musicians, celebrities, designers, influencers and street-style icons who are setting a stylish new standard for today's man. From Jason Lee's love of custom motorcycles to Mr. Cartoon's astonishing tattoos. From John Varvatos' rock and roll clothing line to Marcus Samuelsson's brand new restaurant. They all share one thing in common: a passion for expressing themselves through personal style. HOW I ROCK IT is executive produced by Ryan Seacrest Productions and Citizen Jones.
· ALTERNATE ROUTE (WT) (6x30, premieres Fall) - The great American road trip meets the modern era as photojournalist and blogger Matt Hranek ("The William Brown Project") hits the road in search of people, places and objects that embody the timeless American spirit. As Matt crosses the country, his curiosity and passion propel him to places and expose him to people and things that most would never encounter. Produced by Coolfire Media.
· HORSEPLAYERS (7x60) - Enter the high-stakes world of professional horse race handicapping, where the only thing bigger than the bets are the characters placing them. From Churchill Downs to Saratoga to Santa Anita, each episode follows a group of handicappers as they travel the country in search of instant riches - and compete for the title of America's top handicapper. Produced by Go Go Luckey.
ESQUIRE NETWORK PREMIERES:
In addition to original series, the network's new primetime lineup features a selection of contemporary series making their Esquire Network premiere, including:
· LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON - Comedian Jimmy Fallon brings energy to the award-winning late-night talk show, with his personalized interview style, audience participation, spot-on impersonations and innovative sketches.
· PARKS AND RECREATION - The Emmy(R) and Golden Globe-nominated ensemble comedy series follows proud Pawnee, Indiana bureaucrat Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) and her tireless efforts to make her town more fun. The acclaimed series also stars Rashida Jones, Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt, Adam Scott and Rob Lowe.
· PARTY DOWN - The witty comedy series - named by AFI and Time as one of the top 10 shows on TV in 2009 and 2010 respectively - follows a sextet of Hollywood wannabes making ends meet by working for a Los Angeles catering company as they chase their dreams of stardom. The series stars Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation), Ken Marino (Veronica Mars) and Jane Lynch (Glee), among others. Emmy(R)-winning actress Megan Mullally (Will & Grace), joined the ensemble in season two.
· BURN NOTICE - A sexy, action-packed series that combines intense action/thriller elements with surprising humor to create an iconic new breed of spy. The series stars Jeffrey Donovan as Michael Westen, a formerly blacklisted spy who uses his skills and training to help people in desperate situations, and Gabrielle Anwar as Fiona, a beautiful ex-IRA operative who happens to be Westen's girlfriend. The series also stars Bruce Campbell, Coby Bell and Emmy(R) winner Sharon Gless.
· PSYCH - A quick-witted comedy/drama starring James Roday as young police consultant Shawn Spencer, who solves crimes with powers of observation so acute that Santa Barbara PD detectives think he's psychic. The series also stars Dule Hill as Shawn's best friend and reluctant sidekick Gus and Corbin Bernsen as his disapproving father, Henry, who ironically was the one who honed his son's observation skills as a kid. Also featured are Timothy Omundson, Maggie Lawson and Kirsten Nelson.
· Movies - From box office blockbusters to smaller films that became fan favorites, Esquire Network taps into Esquire's literary tradition of compelling storytelling, presenting movies with manly appeal.