"SHARK HUNTERS" PREMIERES WEDNESDAY AT 9 P.M. ET ON NBC SPORTS NETWORK
Series to Debut with Back-to-Back 60-Minute Episodes
Show Features Three, Established East Coast Shark Tournaments
STAMFORD, Conn. - July 25, 2013 - NBC Sports Network presents Shark Hunters, a new 60-minute outdoor fishing show featuring three, long-standing East Coast shark tournaments and five captains pitted against each other to catch the heaviest shark. The dramatic six-part series premieres on Wednesday, July 31, at 9 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, and will be followed by a second episode at 10 p.m. ET. Episodes three through six will air on consecutive Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. ET through August 28.
Date Show Time (ET)
Wed., July 31 Shark Hunters, Ep. 1 9 p.m.
Shark Hunters, Ep. 2 10 p.m.
Wed., Aug. 7 Shark Hunters, Ep. 3 10 p.m.
Wed., Aug. 14 Shark Hunters, Ep. 4 10 p.m.
Wed., Aug. 21 Shark Hunters, Ep. 5 10 p.m.
Wed., Aug. 28 Shark Hunters, Ep. 6 10 p.m.
The documentary-reality series features three East Coast shark tournaments - each more than a quarter century old - and highlights five captains battling against each other, the sharks, rough conditions and the Atlantic. Anglers from all over the world venture to the Northeast Atlantic to compete. Approximately 630 boats will have a collective six days to catch the biggest shark.
Episodes one and two on Wednesday, July 31, feature the 27th Annual Star Island Yacht Club Shark Tournament that took place in Montauk, N.Y. (June 14-15) and highlight:
· Captain and Owner Peter "Pete" Brancaleone of Fish On - Pete has been offshore fishing for more than 20 years, and has won more than $600,000 in fishing tournaments. He previously captained the 62 ft. sport-fishing boat Volatility.
· Captain and Owner Gary Savard of the Tiger Shark - Gary has 23 years of tournament fishing experience, and started fishing in the Montauk Marine Basin Shark Tag Tournament. He placed first from 1993-95, won for tagging the most sharks six times and has received more than $500,000 in prize money, in addition to more tag and release awards.
· Captain Paul Hiller of the Crack Oar - Paul has been fishing offshore for more than 30 years. On land, Paul owns the Hiller Sports hunting and fishing retail store and gun range.
· Captain and Owner Anthony "Chaos" Giorgio of the Omertá - Anthony has fished the Star Island Yacht Club Shark Tournament six consecutive years, and calls the Star Island Marina home base when heading off shore.
· Captain David O'Halloran of La Bella Donna - David's La Bella Donna is a multi-million dollar, high-tech fishing boat. On land, David runs Pinegrove Ranch and Family Resort in Kerhonkson, N.Y.
In episodes three and four, the captains look to win the 43rd Annual Montauk Marine Basin Shark Tournament, Montauk, N.Y., (June 28-29). In episodes five and six, Captain Anthony "Chaos" Giorgio of the Omertá faces a mechanical breakdown as he looks to get to Oak Bluffs in time for the 27th Annual Monster Shark Tournament, Martha's Vineyard, Mass. (July 18-19).
Shark Hunters is produced by Red Line Films.
ABOUT NBC SPORTS NETWORK
NBC Sports Network, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans. Now in more than 80 million homes, the Emmy-award winning network is the cable television home of the Summer and Winter Olympics, National Hockey League (NHL), Major League Soccer (MLS), IZOD IndyCar Series, Tour de France, the 34th America's Cup, Premier League and Formula One. In addition, NBC Sports Network features college football, college basketball, college hockey, cycling, outdoor programming, horse racing surrounding the Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup, Fight Night boxing, Ironman, the Dew Action Sports Tour and USA Sevens Rugby. The network is also home to original programs such as Shark Hunters, Costas Tonight, The Crossover, NFL Turning Point, Pro Football Talk and The Dan Patrick Show. NBC Sports Network is distributed via cable systems and satellite operators throughout the United States.