-THIS AIN'T YOUR MOMMA'S TALK SHOW-
MEGHAN MCCAIN TACKLES WHAT HER GENERATION CARES ABOUT MOST IN PIVOT'S WEEKLY SERIES, "RAISING MCCAIN"
Genre Bending Docu-Series Set to Debut September 14th at 10 PM ET/9 PM CT
Los Angeles, July 26, 2013 - Pivot (Pivot.tv), Participant Media's new television network targeting Millennials, today announced the themed episodes for Meghan McCain's new genre-bending docu-talk series, "Raising McCain," premiering Saturday, September 14 at 10pm ET/9 pm CT. The new television network officially turns on the switch Thursday, August 1st.
The series follows Meghan McCain, the outspoken daughter of Senator John McCain, on the road talking to unexpected experts, everyday people and members of her generation, exploring the most important and unusual questions of the day framed by Meghan's experiences in her personal life. The series will explore topics ranging from bullying and feminism to sex overload and the death of romance, among many others.
In the series premiere, which focuses on privacy, McCain is joined by guest co-host Michael Moynihan, cultural news editor for The Daily Beast/Newsweek, to explore how privacy factors into the lives of Millennials given the exposure and access to social media platforms and technology. Episodes include (and not listed in air-order):
Privacy (Co-Host Michael Moynihan, The Daily Beast/Newsweek)
Premiere Episode Airing September 14th
· Central Question: Is the end of privacy ruining our lives?
· Meghan's Take: Meghan wants to be as open with her life as the rest of her generation, but more than others she worries about the consequences.
· Central Question: How do you take down a bully?
· Meghan's Take: Meghan grapples with this question daily as people online attempt to intimidate and define her.
Feminism (Co-Host: Ana Kasparian, The Young Turks)
· Central Question: What does it mean to be a modern-day feminist?
· Meghan's Take: I want to be a feminist and not have to act like a man. She looks at what the word feminist means for Millennials and how her generation might be shifting the definition.
· Central Question: What does civic engagement mean for a generation that doesn't want to be labeled?
· Meghan's Take: I still believe in the political process and American democracy. She interviews her peers to get their perspectives.
Sex Overload and the Death of Romance
· Central Question: Has the hookup culture killed romance?
· Meghan's Take: She loves technology but desires a real connection. How do you find a genuine connection with someone if you're always "connected?"
· Question: What can a generation that has inherited environmental damage, the Great Recession and a host of global conflicts do to triumph?
· Meghan's Take: Meghan believes Millennials are a generation of activists and their unique talents will enable them to triumph over the unprecedented challenges they face.
· Central Question: Why are Millennials obsessed with pushing themselves to the limits?
· Meghan's Take: Adderall is the hot drug of choice now in America - particularly among college students, who use it as an academic performance enhancing drug. How is Adderall driving new societal norms like FOMO and YOLO?
Gay in America (Co-host Wilson Cruz, Actor and National Spokesperson for GLAAD.org)
· Central Question: What do you do when your values clash with the people you love?
· Meghan's Take: Meghan supports same sex marriage. Meghan explores the divide in her own family over gay rights, and tries to change her brother's opinion about whether gays should serve in the military.
· Central Question: Where are Millennials finding spirituality?
· Meghan's Take: God is in many places and doesn't belong in politics.
Millennial Veterans (Co-host Jimmy McCain, Meghan's Brother)
· Central Question: What does the influx of veterans mean for this generation's future?
· Meghan's Take: The government has an obligation to take care of our heroes.
The series is produced by Go Go Luckey Entertainment; Julie Auerbach, Henry Capanna, Tina Gazzerro.
Pivot (Pivot.tv), launching August 1st, is a new television network from Participant Media serving passionate Millennials (18-34) with a diverse slate of talent and a mix of original series, acquired programming, films and documentaries. Pivot focuses on entertainment that sparks conversation, inspires change and illuminates issues through engaging content and, through its website TakePart.com, connects audiences to a wealth of content and customizable actions. Pivot is also changing the media landscape, available via traditional Pay TV subscription and integrating a Live and on demand streaming option via its interactive, downloadable Pivot APP. In both content and delivery, Pivot is TV for The New Greatest Generation. Follow Pivot on Twitter at @pivot_tv and on Facebook at facebook.com/pivottelevision.
About Participant Media
Participant is a global entertainment company founded in 2004 by Jeff Skoll to focus on feature film, television, publishing and digital content that inspires social change. Participant's more than 40 films include GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK, SYRIANA, AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH, FOOD, INC., WAITING FOR 'SUPERMAN', THE HELP, CONTAGION and LINCOLN. Through its films, social action campaigns, digital network TakePart.com and Pivot, its new television network for Millennials, Participant seeks to entertain, encourage and empower every individual to take action.