TV ONE PREMIERES FIFTH SEASON OF "LIFE AFTER" WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11 WITH BACK-TO-BACK NEW EPISODES BEGINNING AT 8 PM ET
Celebrities Sheryl Lee Ralph, LeVar Burton, Shirley Murdock, Adina Howard, Clifton Davis, Jimmie Walker, Sheree Whitfield and Maia Campbell share their defining moments
SILVER SPRING, MD - August 14, 2013 -TV One's long-running docu-series Life After returns for a fifth season with back-to-back new episodes on Wednesday, September 11, at 8 p.m. ET and 8:30 p.m. ET chronicling riveting stories from a new group of beloved celebrities who have faced turning points in their lives and careers. Each half-hour episode presents those life-changing crossroads from the celebrity's point of view, along with the views of colleagues, family and close friends. The stories behind the transformative event are revealed, highlighting the positive ways in which the performer evolved from the experience.
Talent featured in the fifth season of the series includes:
· Sheryl Lee Ralph - the Broadway and comedic sensation will provide a glimpse into her life as a senator's wife, a mother and a lifelong performer.
· Shirley Murdock - the powerful gospel artist behind the songs "Computer Love" and "As We Lay" will bring the audience into her world of music and love.
· Adina Howard - the "Freak Like Me" billboard chart topping artist will have Life After follow her as she records and performs new music, shares her culinary skills as an accomplished chef as well as gives a glimpse inside her personal life.
· Clifton Davis - the musical marvel who has written songs for The Jackson 5 will tell the story of how he came to be a an ordained Seventh-Day Adventist minister and is back on Broadway after starring in the hit television series, Amen.
· Jimmie Walker - sitcom icon, best known for his work on the legendary television series, Good Times, will explore his roots in comedy and his return to stand-up comedy nationwide.
· Sheree Whitfield - the former The Real Housewives of Atlanta reality personality focuses her time on raising her children, participating in numerous charity events and building her jewelry brand, She by Sheree.
· Maia Campbell - at 19, Maia Campbell was already starring with LL Cool J and Debbie Allen on the hit series In the House, but her life took a dramatic turn when she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Now that she has learned to live and overcome several tragic events, she is embarking on the next chapters of her personal and professional lives.
· LeVar Burton - Life After follows LeVar Burton's multi-decade-spanning career which has encompassed a variety of successes. From the epic series Roots to Star Trek: The Next Generation to the Peabody and Emmy award-winning children's series Reading Rainbow, Burton offers an intimate look at his life.
"Our fascination with our favorite performers doesn't end when the cameras stop rolling," explains Maureen Guthman, SVP of Program Strategy and Acquisitions for TV One. "Life After offers audiences a glimpse into the lives and loves of these beloved performers as they share their intimate secrets and the life lessons they have learned, giving their fans an up-close look at the person behind the celebrity."
The series is produced for TV One by K2 Pictures. Executive Producer for the series is Robert Katz, Co-Executive Producer is Victoria McGinnis and Executive in Charge of Production for K2 is Philip Hack. Executive in Charge of Production for TV One is Robyn Greene Arrington.