A&E(R) AND RED INTERACTIVE AGENCY INTRODUCE "DUCK DYNASTY: BATTLE OF THE BEARDS" THE OFFICIAL DUCK DYNASTY MOBILE GAME BASED ON THE POPULAR SERIES
GAME APP AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ON MOBILE iOS
"BATTLE OF THE BEARDS" APP AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD STARTS TODAY
NEW YORK, NY - OCTOBER 23, 2013 - A&E(R) and RED Games, a division of RED Interactive Agency, tap into the charming redneck world of Duck Dynasty with the launch of the addicting new iOS game, Duck Dynasty: Battle of the Beards. Available exclusively in the App Store, the game challenges fans of Duck Dynasty to master the day-to-day tasks and antics of the bearded Duck Commander crew. Players hunt ducks, eat chilies, blow up beaver dams and compete in sets of rapid-fire micro-games that test players' reflexes and drop them feet first into the Louisiana backwoods. As players successfully complete the challenges, their beards grow to epic proportions and they start to transform from a yuppie into a full-blown redneck!
It's all about the beard. Players start off with a clean-shaven Yuppie avatar, and as they complete challenges throughout the game, the longer their beard grows. They can stylize their personal avatar using earned coins to purchase accessories such as bandanas, sunglasses, and camp gear from the Redneck store. Players can watch Duck Dynasty characters saying their favorite quotes from the acclaimed series. Should the user not be tough enough for the bayou, there are game hints throughout that will aid them in keeping up with the Robertsons.
Elements of the gaming experience include:
· Hunt squirrels, frogs, and ducks for dinner.
· Build duck calls and pack 'em up for shipment.
· Help Willie dye his beard to protect his youthful image.
· Doughnut Toss: This one is a little different, the goal is to toss as many doughnuts as possible into Uncle Si's mouth!
Special Features include:
· Simple and addicting gameplay: complete highly repeatable mini-games to unlock new, increasingly difficult challenges
· Avatar customization: Design your very own avatar, animate virtual models of the Duck Dynasty clan and spend coins earned from mini-game challenges to deck them out in bandanas, sunglasses, and other redneck gear
· Social sharing: share photos of uniquely stylized avatars with friends on Facebook
· Beard talk: recognizable quotes from the acclaimed series evoke the Robertson family's sweet southern charm and sense of humor
Since its premiere in March 2012, Duck Dynasty has surged in popularity as "Duck Mania" has overtaken the nation. The Season 3 finale scored an astounding 9.8 million viewers - an all-time record for the network that was quickly exceeded by the Season 4 premiere which drew 11.8 million viewers and became the most-watched non-fiction cable broadcast in history. The Robertson family of Duck Dynasty has become so popular that their available brand offerings extend beyond the TV show with apparel, home goods, children's toys, Halloween Costumes, Beef Jerky, of course "Duck-Tape" and many more.
Duck Dynasty follows the Robertson family, a close-knit clan that has made a fortune selling duck calls and turned their backyard business into a multi-million dollar sporting empire. Each day they meet challenges with their own special brand of practicality and humor and despite achieving the American dream, they always stay true to their rugged, yet modest, outdoor lifestyle and their deep Southern roots.
For more information:
· Press site: https://press.aenetworks.com/show/duck-dynasty-app
· Appstore page for iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/duck-dynasty-battle-beards/id723879768?ls=1&mt=8 ($.99)
· Appstore page for iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/duck-dynasty-battle-beards/id728885851?ls=1&mt=8 ($1.99)
Ahout A+E Networks
A+E Networks(R) LLC. is an award-winning, global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, to home videos/DVDs to gaming and educational software. A+E Networks is comprised of A&E(R) Network, Lifetime(R), HISTORY(R), Lifetime Movie Network(R), BIO(TM), H2(TM), HISTORY en Espanol(TM), Crime & Investigation Network(TM), Military HISTORY(TM), Lifetime Real Women(R), A&E IndieFilms(R), A+E Networks International(R), A+E Networks Digital(R) and A+E Networks Consumer Products(TM). A+E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 300 million households in over 150 countries. A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
About RED INTERACTIVE AGENCY
RED Games, a division of RED Interactive Agency, is focused on developing and publishing high-quality, incredibly visual, handcrafted games and mobile experiences for iOS, Android and Web. The team is comprised of some of the most talented creative directors, game designers, visual designers, and developers in the industry. RED Games develops multi-platform games and experiences for market leaders such as Lucasfilm, A&E, and Universal Pictures, and has introduced a number of award-winning original IPs to the market. The company's portfolio includes legostarwars.com, Pet Peaves, Whirling Dervish, and Kicks & Stomps.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.