"Colin's Football Show" Opens Second Season with New Theme and Fresh Segments
Colin Cowherd's Colin's Football Show, which showcases the host's unique take on college and professional football, will kick off its second season Sunday, Sept. 7, at 9 a.m. ET on ESPN2. The hour-long program will introduce new elements this year, including the debut of a fresh open, as well as the return of some of last season's most entertaining segments.
Each episode will open with a new theme, penned and performed by comedian and recording artist Rodney Carrington. In addition, Colin's Football Show will feature new segments including:
· "Colin's Cartoons" - minute-long animations that illustrate infamous - and sometimes gross -- stories as related by former NFL players, including Jerome Bettis and Herm Edwards;
· "Meat Sandwich" - a discussion segment in which Cowherd and a guest tackle the meatiest football topic of the week while eating a meat sandwich in Colin's diner;
· A comedic and face-paced digital piece with fantasy football advice from Matthew Berry.
The program will also include returning segments:
· "Cage Confessionals" -a lighthearted interview between Cowherd and athletes, celebrities and guests, tackling a wide variety of topics and, appropriately, a never-before-made confession in the close quarters of the ESPN prop cage;
· "Bet Sharp" - Colin weighs in on the latest Las Vegas betting lines with ESPN.com and ESPN The Magazine editor-in-chief Chad Millman;
· Football talk and analysis with former Chicago Bears wide receiver Tom Waddle of ESPN Radio and Chicago1000.
Colin's Football Show airs Sundays at 9 a.m. on ESPN2 during the football season. Cowherd will continue to host his daily ESPN Radio show, The Herd with Colin Cowherd, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and the daily You Herd Me -featuring the best segments from Cowherd's ESPN Radio broadcast -- at 4:30 p.m. on ESPN2.