BRIAN WILLIAMS TO ANCHOR NBC NEWS COVERAGE OF THE 2014 MIDTERM ELECTIONS
Williams Leads Decision 2014 Coverage with Chuck Todd, Andrea Mitchell, Tom Brokaw, Tamron Hall, Joe Scarborough, and Others
Two Live One-Hour Primetime Specials from 10-11pm Eastern and Pacific; Digital Hour 11pm - Midnight ET; Special Reports Throughout the Night
OCTOBER 27, 2014 -- On Tuesday, November 4, NBC News will provide comprehensive multiplatform coverage of the 2014 midterm elections, led by "NBC Nightly News" anchor and managing editor Brian Williams and a team of top political anchors, correspondents, and analysts.
Williams will anchor two live primetime hours on the NBC network from 10-11pm ET (9pm CT, 8pm MT) and for West Coast audiences from 10-11pm PT. NBCNews.com will livestream the network coverage on both coasts. Immediately following the first broadcast hour, coverage will continue online with a live digital-exclusive program through midnight Eastern.
In addition, NBC News will provide brief network special reports throughout the evening, and "NBC Nightly News" will update later feeds of the broadcast with the most recent election results.
Williams will anchor from a new elections desk at NBC News headquarters in New York, joined by:
· Chuck Todd, NBC News political director and moderator of "Meet the Press"
· Andrea Mitchell, NBC News chief foreign affairs correspondent
· Tamron Hall, "TODAY" co-host
· Tom Brokaw, NBC News special correspondent
· Joe Scarborough, NBC News senior political analyst and host of "Morning Joe" on MSNBC
NBC News correspondents covering reaction from Washington and battleground states will include:
· Chris Jansing, NBC News senior White House correspondent
· Peter Alexander, NBC News national correspondent
· Kelly O'Donnell, NBC News Capitol Hill correspondent
· Ron Mott, NBC News correspondent
· Luke Russert, NBC News correspondent
The evening's coverage will also feature interviews and analysis with:
· Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
· David Axelrod, NBC News senior political analyst and former White House senior adviser
· Jose Diaz-Balart, anchor of Telemundo's "Noticiero Telemundo" and "Enfoque" and MSNBC anchor
NBCNews.com and the NBC News social media accounts will offer in-depth reporting and analysis of the top races to watch, real-time results, as well as updates throughout the night from Chuck Todd and the NBC News Political Unit. Viewers can join the conversation using the hashtag #NBCpolitics.
Mark Lukasiewicz is Senior Vice President, NBC News Specials. Bob Epstein is Vice President, NBC News Specials. Patrick Burkey is the Executive Producer of "NBC Nightly News."
# # #
ABOUT NBC NEWS
NBC News is a global leader in news across all broadcast and digital platforms. Its leading and award-winning television news broadcasts include NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, TODAY, Meet the Press and Dateline, as well as primetime specials and breaking news reports. The rapidly-growing NBC News Digital Group, along with the well-established NBC News Radio with 750 stations nationwide, provide continuous content to consumers wherever they are, whenever they want it. NBC News also operates Peacock Productions, an award-winning in-house production company, and the NBC NewsChannel affiliate news service. NBC News is part of the NBCUniversal News Group, a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.