"SHARK WEEK" RETURNS TO DISCOVERY CHANNEL ON JULY 5
SHARK WEEK, television's most anticipated week of shark filled television, kicks off this year on July 5 (through the 12th), earlier than ever before. In addition to SHARK WEEK in July, Discovery will also premiere all-new SHARK WEEK programming during a special weekend in August, turning 2015 into the 'Summer of the Shark'. A summer long celebration of all things shark, this year's SHARK WEEK will deliver more hours of all new, visually-stunning and informative shark-filled specials than ever before.
Discovery Channel's SHARK WEEK 2015 will include:
· The most hours of programming in SHARK WEEK history;
· The first ever SHARK WEEK expedition to Cuba, plus global locations that include New Zealand, South Africa, Taiwan and the Arctic, as well as numerous U.S. destinations;
· Various sequels to SHARK WEEK favorite specials, including the iconic program Air Jaws, which has pushed and expanded the understanding of Great White sharks, and Great White Serial Killer featuring Jeff Kurr, Andy Casagrande and Brandon McMillan;
· Four years in the making, multiple hours of blue chip natural history programming that reveals never before seen moments on camera;
· Never before used shark technology to capture all new shark images and shark behaviors;
· Programming that features 10 year old shark conservation activist Sean Lesniak (a state bill filed on Lesniak's behalf was signed into law in 2014 banning the possession and sale of shark fins in MA) who goes on an expedition with his idol, biologist Greg Skomal, and the Shark Cam team.
SharkWeek.com will be the hub for all SHARK WEEK action online this year, and will include daily news and updates, a Sharkopedia of facts, Web exclusive video, the ever-popular Shark Cams, photos and additional multiplatform features. Social media users will be able to join the conversation across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as well as on-air in bigger and more in-depth ways than ever before.
SHARK WEEK 2015 will entertain and inform Discovery Channel viewers while continuing to draw attention to the plight of sharks and the rising threats they face around the world through multi-platform content and campaigns, produced in conjunction with SHARK WEEK conservation partners, to be announced later this year.
About Discovery Channel
Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.8 million U.S. homes, can be seen in 210 countries and territories, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world. For more information, please visit www.discovery.com.
About Discovery Communications
Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's #1 pay-TV programmer reaching nearly 3 billion cumulative subscribers in more than 220 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity, engaging and entertaining viewers with high-quality content on worldwide television networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery and Science, as well as U.S. joint venture network OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network. Discovery also controls Eurosport International, a premier sports entertainment group, including six pay-TV network brands across Europe and Asia. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools, including an award-winning series of K-12 digital textbooks, through Discovery Education, and a digital leader with a diversified online portfolio, including Discovery Digital Networks. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.