POP ANNOUNCES ORIGINAL PROGRAMMING AND DEVELOPMENT SLATE FOR 2015-2016 UPFRONT
More Than 300 Hours of Original Programming to Premiere on Pop This Year, Featuring
Award-Winning Talent Including Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara, Chris Elliott, Tyra Banks,
Donna Mills, Joan Collins, Alan Thicke, Mel B. and More
LOS ANGELES, CALIF. - April, 9, 2015 - Pop, the network that celebrates the fun of being a fan, announced today its original programming and development slate for the 2015-2016 Upfront season, including more than 300 hours of original programming that will premiere this year. The network's schedule includes 11 new and returning original series and specials, as well as new projects in development with top industry producers, including Gail Berman and Nigel Lythgoe, John Legend's Get Lifted Film Co., Morgan Spurlock's Warrior Poets, Left/Right Productions and Lionsgate.
"We are heading into the upfront season with a fresh, uniquely positioned media brand covering the landscape of what's popping in culture and an original programming slate driven by enthusiastic content and award-winning talent," said Brad Schwartz, President of Pop. "Backed by the support of CBS and Lionsgate, full-screen distribution in more than 80 million homes, and the momentum of seven consecutive quarters of year-over-year ratings growth, we are poised to capture and engage our passionate 'modern grown-up' audience who are seeking a channel that celebrates fandom as much as they do."
Pop's programming slate includes the following:
Spring/Summer Series (In Order of Premiere):
· THE 42ND ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY(R) AWARDS: The exclusive live awards ceremony hosted by Tyra Banks recognizing outstanding achievement in all fields of daytime television production. The show will be produced by Michael Levitt of Michael Levitt Productions with Gary Tellalian and Mike Rothman also serving as executive producers. Premiere: Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 8:00 PM, ET/5:00 PM, PT
· QUEENS OF DRAMA: A reality series packed with girl power and fan-favorite soap stars Lindsay Hartley, Crystal Hunt, Vanessa Marcil, Chrystee Pharris and Hunter Tylo with special appearances by Donna Mills and Joan Collins. Produced by Think Factory Media. Series Premiere: Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 10:00 PM, ET/7:00 PM PT; Moves to regularly scheduled time of Wednesdays at 8:00 PM, ET/PT beginning April 29, 2015.
· UNUSUALLY THICKE (Mid-Season Premiere): A reality sitcom starring the real-life modern family - Alan Thicke, along with his sassy wife, Tanya, and know-it-all son, Carter. Produced by Peacock Alley Productions. Mid-Season Premiere: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 8:30 PM, ET/PT.
· SING IT ON: The real-life "Pitch Perfect" docu-series from the co-producers of "American Idol" CORE Media and John Legend's Get Lifted Film Co. which features the nation's top collegiate a cappella groups. Series Premiere: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT; Moves to regularly scheduled time of Wednesdays at 9:00 PM, ET/PT beginning May 20, 2015.
· BIG BROTHER AFTER DARK: A late-night companion to CBS's "Big Brother" with a live look inside the house. Season Premiere: Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 12:00 AM, ET/PT.
· DON'T BLINK: A series that takes viewers inside the world of underground street magicians as they perform incredible tricks before the general public and celebrity guests. Series Premiere: Summer 2015.
· SCHITT'S CREEK, SEASON TWO: A scripted comedy series starring Emmy(R) Award-winners Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara and Chris Elliott, along with Daniel Levy and Annie Murphy. Thirteen new episodes are currently in production. Season One finale airs Wednesday, May 6 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT. Season Two Premiere: Early 2016.
· UNUSUALLY THICKE, SEASON TWO: Thirteen new episodes of the reality sitcom starring Alan Thicke and his family are now in production. Produced by Peacock Alley Productions. Season Two Premiere: Fall 2015.
· ET AT THE OSCARS(R) LIVE ON POP! and ET AT THE GRAMMYS(R) LIVE ON POP!: Live red carpet specials produced by the top-rated entertainment show, "Entertainment Tonight," at the Academy Awards(R) and the Grammy(R) Awards. Premiere: First Quarter 2016.
· ROCK THIS BOAT, SEASON TWO: New band, new boat and the same die-hard fandom. Docu-series following fans as they board a cruise for a week-long party on the high seas with America's favorite bands. Produced by Jarrett Creative Group with executive producers Donnie Wahlberg, Seth Jarrett and Julie Insogna Jarrett. Season Two Premiere: 2016.
· THE STORY BEHIND, SEASON TWO: A behind-the-scenes of TV's greatest hits and most iconic shows, and how they got their start. Season Two Premiere: 2016.
In Development (All Projects Are Working Titles):
· JOHN LEGEND PROJECT: Grammy(R) and Academy Award (R)-winning singer-songwriter John Legend and his production company, Get Lifted Film Co, have signed a first-look development deal with Pop to develop projects that fit within the mission statements of both entities.
· DOUBT: A pop culture game show based on the simple query: TRUE or FALSE? Contestants' pop culture knowledge gets put to the test when they have to quickly identify 20 facts as right or wrong. They spend the rest of the game doubting their snap decisions through several rounds of high stakes play. Executive produced by Nigel Lythgoe and Gail Berman and Eric Levy/The Jackal Group.
· CELEBRITY INC.: Celebrities are paired with an aspiring inventor to create their dream product and showcase its launch through the power of celebrity endorsement. Mel B. will be the star of CELEBRITY INC.'S pilot, which will air as a one-hour special in 2015 on Pop. CELEBRITY INC. is executive produced by Robert Friedman of Bungalow Media + Entertainment, LLC and Colby Gaines of Back Roads Entertainment.
· LOSING IT (Previously Announced): A celebrity-hosted television series capturing sit-down interviews with stars as they recount their unforgettable and often hilarious real-life stories of losing their virginity. LOSING IT is produced by Warrior Poets and John Stamos Productions with executive producers Morgan Spurlock, John Stamos, Ethan Goldman and Jeremy Chilnick.
· ELVIS DURAN PROJECT (Previously Announced): A docu-series that follows Elvis and his employees both at work and play. ELVIS DURAN PROJECT is produced by Left/Right with executive producers Ken Druckerman, Banks Tarver, Elvis Duran, David Katz and Mitchell Stewart.
· JET TO THE SET (Previously Announced): A travelogue show mixing Hollywood lifestyle and adventure, as viewers are transported to TV and film locations across the country. JET TO THE SET is produced by Rogue Atlas Productions in association with Lionsgate Television, with Laurie Feltheimer, Carly Steel and Eli Frankel serving as Executive Producers.
Fans don't sit at the outskirts of pop culture making snarky comments. They live right smack in the middle of it, sharing, creating, and connecting their passions with others. At Pop, fans finally have a destination that celebrates the fun of being a fan. Fans aren't even fans anymore - they're gladiators, tributes, human beings and blockheads. Seen in more than 80 million homes, Pop gives fans a dedicated channel that loves being a fan as much as they do. A channel that respects talent over celebrity. A channel filled with optimism, passion, humor, and excitement. A channel that understands the fun doesn't stop when the credits roll... it's really just the beginning.
Pop is a joint venture of CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF). The partnership combines CBS's programming, production and marketing assets with Lionsgate's resources in motion pictures, television and digitally delivered content. Pop's ownership structure is comprised of the company with the #1 broadcast network and many of the top first-run syndication series ("Entertainment Tonight," "The Insider") and the studio that produces and distributes the blockbuster "Hunger Games," "Twilight" and "Divergent" franchises and produces such award-winning TV series as "Mad Men" and "Orange is the New Black."
On the Web: www.poptv.com
Pop Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PopTelevision
Pop Twitter: https://twitter.com/PopTV