@ESPNTennis: US Open Series Now Exclusive to ESPN2, ESPN3
· Road to US Open: 68 Hours on ESPN2, Eight Championships - Four ATP, Four WTA
· ESPN3's Daily Coverage of Every Event Starts Monday in Atlanta
· Serena Williams to Lead Top Fields in Toronto, Cincinnati
· Points System Rewards Top Players at US Open
Tennis' Emirates Airline US Open Series - eight hard-court events (four ATP, three WTA, one combined) across North America in five weeks - is now exclusive to ESPN, with 68 hours on ESPN2 and extensive weeklong ESPN3 coverage of each event beginning Monday, July 27, with the ATP BB&T Open in Atlanta.
WatchESPN will deliver the ESPN2 telecasts, accessible online at WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets via the award-winning WatchESPN app, and streamed on televisions through ESPN on Xbox LIVE to Gold members, Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV to more than 93 million households nationwide via an affiliated video or internet provider.
The schedule is highlighted by back-to-back weeks where all the top players are expected, including Serena Williams as she aims for a possible calendar year Grand Slam at the US Open - the Rogers Cup in Canada (women in Toronto, men in Montreal) concluding Sunday, August 16, and the ATP / WTA Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati concluding Sunday, Aug. 23.
A points system rewards the men and women who finish in the top three for the USOS with a bonus based on their performance in the US Open. If the USOS winner also is the US Open champion, they receive a bonus of $1,000,000. ESPN's first-ever exclusive coverage of the US Open begins Monday, Aug. 31.
ATP BB&T Atlanta Open, Atlanta
· ESPN3 with 30 hours, ESPN2 with four including the championship Sunday, Aug. 2, at 3 p.m. ET.
WTA Bank of the West Classic, Stanford, Calif.
· ESPN3 with 44 hours, ESPN2 with six including the championship Sunday, Aug. 9, at 5 p.m.
ATP / WTA Rogers Cup, Toronto (women), Montreal (men)
· ESPN3 with more than 170 hours, ESPN2 with 20 including the championships Sunday, Aug. 16, at 1 p.m. (WTA) and 3 p.m. (ATP)
ATP / WTA Western & Southern Open, Cincinnati
· ESPN3 with more than 220 hours, ESPN2 with 28 including all four semifinals, plus the championships Sunday, Aug. 23, at 1 p.m. (ATP) and 3 p.m. (WTA)
ATP Winston-Salem Open, Winston-Salem, N.C.
· ESPN3 with 32 hours, ESPN2 with four including the championship Saturday, Aug. 29 at 1 p.m.
WTA Connecticut Open, New Haven, Conn.
· ESPN3 with 34 hours, ESPN2 with six, including both semifinals, plus the championship Saturday, Aug. 29, at 3 p.m.