ROSEANNE BARR IS BACK IN AN ALL-NEW SEASON OF "MOMSTERS: WHEN MOMS GO BAD" ON INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY
--New season premieres on Black Friday, November 27 at 10/9c--
(Silver Spring, MD) - Mischief, mayhem, murder and more are the centerpieces of the new season of MOMSTERS: WHEN MOMS GO BAD, hosted by America's favorite TV mom Roseanne Barr. The sophomore season will uncover more tantalizing tales, revealing all-new darkly humorous stories and shocking crimes committed by mothers, who would, literally, kill for their children's happiness.
This Black Friday, MOMSTERS: WHEN MOMS GO BAD returns ranking as ID's #1 series in 4Q 2014 and in the top 3 for 2014 among W18-49. During its debut was ID's best Primetime telecast for W18-49. MOMSTERS: WHEN MOMS GO BAD, hosted by comedienne Roseanne Barr, returns to Investigation Discovery for season two on Friday, November 27 at 10/9c.
With eight all-new 30-minute episodes, MOMSTERS: WHEN MOMS GO BAD will uncover stories of when desperate moms call for desperate measures, doing anything in their power to ensure the best for their children even if it includes embezzlement, larceny or unruly murder. From the successful lawyer mother to the prison psychologist mama, these ladies are not afraid to cross normal boundaries and get their hands dirty - or, sometimes, even bloody!
MOMSTERS: WHEN MOMS GO BAD is produced for Investigation Discovery by Sharp Entertainment with Matt Sharp as executive producer, Rebecca Bruno as co-executive producer and Christopher Gidez as supervising producer. For Investigation Discovery, Lorna Thomas is executive producer with Elizabeth Stephenson as associate producer, Sara Kozak is senior vice president of production, Kevin Bennett is general manager, and Henry Schleiff is Group President.
Source: Nielsen, 1/27/08-12/28/14, L+SD data, Program Based Dayparts for ID telecast records, Time Period Averages for ad-supported cable ranks, Prime (Mon-Su 8p-11p).
The premiere line-up for MOMSTERS: WHEN MOMS GO BAD is as follows:
Friday, November 27 at 10/9c (DOUBLE PREMIERE)
The Cost of Love
· When businesswoman, Nadia Cavner's not-so-little girl's heart is broken, she'll utilize all her assets to make the young man pay. Ana Ovando, is a stay-at-home mother to her five children. She's hard up for cash, but is she a hardened criminal?
· Melinda Sayers' home burns the night before her daughter is to be released from the hospital. It's a tragic coincidence, but is there more to her story? Lisa Andres books vacations, but not everyone's trip is a dream.
Friday, December 4 at 10/9c (DOUBLE PREMIERE)
A Helping Hand
· Selena York moves to Utah to start a new life with her daughter, but will it come at the cost of someone else's? Tonya Collins lives to help others create their dream families. When an escrow company steals her client's money, she's beside herself.
Love & War
· St. Augustine mom, Tawny Blazejowski wants to raise a family with the man she loves. When her plans crumble, she takes matters into her own hands. Stacy Ahlgren loves to make people happy and she will stop at nothing in order to keep the peace.
Friday, December 11 at 10/9c (DOUBLE PREMIERE)
After School Showdown
· To lawyer mom, Jill Easter, image is everything. When her son's reputation is questioned, she'll stop at nothing to defend him. Lesley Jensen works hard to provide for her daughter. When Lesley announces she has cancer, she's at a loss, or is she?
House of Horrors
· Mom-of-the-year Kathy Rowe has devoted her life to her daughter. But to what lengths will she go to ensure her happiness? Sara Edmond wants one thing: full custody of her daughter. So when she is declared missing, what will Sara do to get her back?
Friday, December 18 at 10/9c (DOUBLE PREMIERE)
Sins of the Mother
· When mother and sole breadwinner Kathleen Jones needs cash fast, her teenage daughters cook up a high-risk, high-reward scheme to save the day. Leslie Janous is a devoted mom who will do whatever it takes to make her daughter feel like a princess.
Home Scary Home
· Prison psychologist and mother Laurie Martinez is exposed to delinquency daily. When crime threatens her home life, she takes drastic measures to move on up. Single mom Erica Anderson falls on hard times and hatches an unorthodox plan to make bank.
About Roseanne Barr
Comedy superstar, award-winning actress, best-selling author, recent presidential candidate and the original domestic goddess, Roseanne Barr continues to amaze. After nine years, 224 episodes, four Emmy awards, and countless other accolades, she single-handedly re-landscaped the medium of situational comedy forever. Her creation and stark portrayal of "Roseanne Conner" and the Conner family on ABC's Roseanne has been hailed as "the most ground breaking kitchen-sink sitcom since All in the Family (Entertainment Weekly)." The role earned Barr an Emmy Award as well as Golden Globe, Kids' Choice and multiple American Comedy Awards. Barr also had her own talk show, "The Roseanne Show," which earned her a Daytime Emmy Award nomination as outstanding talk show host. Her big screen credits include "She Devil," "Freddy's Dead," "Blue in the Face" and "Meet Wally Sparks," and she voiced characters in "Look Who's Talking Too" and "Home on the Range." She has written three books: "Roseanne: My Life as a Woman," "My Lives" and most recently, "Roseannearchy: Dispatches from the Nut Farm." In 2013, Roseanne returned to her stand-up roots and began touring various cities around the US. She can be found blogging daily on her website, www.roseanneworld.com, and on Twitter as @TheRealRoseanne. Most recently, Roseanne was the center judge on America's most compelling comedy competition on NBC's Emmy Award-nominated series "Last Comic Standing." At Full Moon and High Tide Studio (FMHT), Barr's family-run production company, she is currently spearheading numerous projects including a documentary about her 2012 presidential campaign which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival.
About Investigation Discovery
Investigation Discovery (ID) is the leading mystery-and-suspense network on television and America's favorite "guilty pleasure." From harrowing crimes and salacious scandals to the in-depth investigations and heart-breaking mysteries that result, ID challenges our everyday understanding of culture, society and the human condition. One of our nation's fastest growing cable networks, ID delivers the highest-quality programming to more than 86 million U.S. households and is available in both high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD). For more information, please visit InvestigationDiscovery.com, facebook.com/InvestigationDiscovery, or twitter.com/DiscoveryID. Investigation Discovery is part of Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), the world's #1 pay-TV programmer reaching nearly 3 billion cumulative subscribers in 220 countries and territories.