Cartoon Network Expands "Adventure Time" Franchise with Big Summer Multi-Platform "Card Wars" Sequel
This summer, Cartoon Network's critically lauded and multiple award-winning original series, Adventure Time, will engage fans through an immersive 360° experience, as it launches the next iteration of the highly successful Card Wars, with a multi-platform rollout encompassing linear and digital content, mobile gaming and consumer products. Card Wars, in 2014, was a #1 Top App for both iPhone and iPad, has more than five million total downloads, and is Cartoon Network's highest grossing mobile game.
Season 8 is scheduled to premiere later this year and will follow Finn and Jake to unchartered lands as they seek to answer one of the show's biggest mysteries, and save all of Ooo from a powerful new threat.
Card Wars, which began as a fan-favorite Adventure Time episode and quickly became a multi-platform stand-alone property, will expand across various touchpoints throughout the summer:
· July 7: "Daddy-Daughter Card Wars" Episode Debuts: Enjoy a follow-up to Finn and Jake's epic card game of 2012 with an all new episode where Jake needs his daughter Charlie's help to win a top-tier Card Wars doubles tournament against a longtime rival.
· July 8:"Daddy-Daughter Card Wars" will be available for viewing on digital platforms including the Cartoon Network video app, iTunes, Google Play and Amazon.
· July 12:The Adventure Time: Card Wars DVD showcases the original "Card Wars," and the brand-new "Daddy-Daughter Card Wars" episode. The DVD also features a curated selection of 14 additional Adventure Time episodes as well as an exclusive "Card Wars" playing card. Fans who purchase the in-market Card Wars DVD will receive an exclusive card for the Card Wars Doubles Tournament physical game coming in August.
· July 21-24:Card Wars Doubles Tournament at San Diego Comic-Con is not to be missed as fans get to compete for the championship with Cryptozoic Entertainment's new tabletop offering, before it is officially released.
· July: Card Wars Kingdom: The Game: Fans will be able to further explore and engage with their favorite Adventure Time characters with the Cartoon Network Games launch of a follow-up to the 2014 mobile game Card Wars. Card Wars Kingdom, developed by Kung Fu Factory, reimagines the Card Wars gameplay, which includes fan-requested PVP and tournament modes. As fans continue to seek more interactive Adventure Time content, Card Wars Kingdom marks the 13th mobile game for the beloved franchise. Additionally, Penguin Books will publish the official Card Wars Kingdom guidebook later this year.
· August 3:Card Wars Doubles Tournament. Fans and families can bring the Card Wars competition into real life with Cryptozoic Entertainment's new table trading card game, which mirrors the experience of the Team Tournament in the "Daddy-Daughter Card Wars" episode by adding two vs. two battle play. Fans who purchase the in-market Card Wars DVD will receive an exclusive card for Card Wars Doubles Tournament physical game.
Adventure Time premiered on the Cartoon Network in 2010 and has won a Peabody Award for Children's Programming; won four Emmy Awards with nine nominations; and received numerous other accolades including British Academy Children's Award for International and Annie Award for Best Animated TV Production for Children's Audience. Now in its seventh season, Adventure Time has continued to be a fan-favorite series with an average of more than two million viewers per episode through its first six complete seasons.
About Cartoon Network
Cartoon Network is Turner's #1 U.S. ad-supported cable network with kids 6-11. Seen in 192 countries and over 370 million homes, it is an industry leader known for putting its fans at the center of everything by applying creative thinking and innovation across multiple platforms with a global offering of the best in award-winning animated entertainment for kids and families. Home to the original hit series Adventure Time, Steven Universe, We Bare Bears and The Amazing World of Gumball, Cartoon Network also takes its responsibilities to its audience seriously by addressing those issues affecting families with the Stop Bullying: Speak Upcampaign and bypromoting education and creative development through their commitment to STEM enterprises and an integral involvement in Computer Science for All, the White House initiative empowering young people to generate skills to thrive in our digital world.
Cartoon Network is part of Turner, a Time Warner company that creates and programs branded news, entertainment, sports, animation and young adult multi-platform content for consumers around the world. Turner brands and businesses include CNN/U.S., HLN, CNN International and CNN.com, TBS, TNT, TCM, truTV, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Adult Swim, Turner Sports, Bleacher Report, iStreamPlanet and ELEAGUE.