Cartoon Network Enterprises Announces New Toy Partners for Popular Adult Swim Brand, "Rick and Morty"
Offering Will Include a Range of Collectible Vinyl Figures, Games, Cosplay Sets and More
Cartoon Network Enterprises announced today the addition of five new hardlines partners for its critically acclaimed animated series, Rick and Morty. Joining current toy partner Jinx, Funko, Cryptozoic Entertainment, USAOpoly, PhatMojo, and Astro Gaming have all signed on to create lines of products based on the Adult Swim original series. Adding to the comics and apparel collection already available, new Rick and Morty toys and games include:
· On the heels of the June 2016 launch of two Rick and Morty POP! vinyl figures, Funko will expand their offering with additional POP! vinyl figures, stylized plush and Mystery Mini collectibles.
· Cryptozoic Entertainment will unveil custom card and board games, including Mr. Meeseeks Box of Fun, a dice & dares game, which will be available August 3rd and at GenCon. Additionally, the Total Rickall card game just became available in June and will be featured at Comic-Con International: San Diego this month.
· USAOpoly is introducing a wide range of Rick and Morty games, puzzles and cards in 2016, including a Rick and Morty Puzzle (August), MONOPOPLY(R): Rick and Morty Edition (September) and Rick and Morty Playing Cards. Addition Rick and Morty games and puzzles are planned for 2017.
· Adult Halloween costumes and accessories from PhatMojo will arrive in specialty stores in September. Fans of the show will be able to dress up as their favorite characters thanks to the debut of Rick and Morty masks, Rick's lab coat and a foam laser gun.
· Astro Gaming will introduce custom Rick and Morty tags for its popular wired and wireless gaming headphones.
"We have been thrilled with the immense success of Rick and Morty and are excited to bring these top notch licensees on board to expand our consumer products offerings," said Pete Yoder, vice president, Cartoon Network Enterprises, North America. "Each new partner will provide fans with an even deeper connection to the series, as the offering now expands into collectible figures, exciting games and more."
Created and executive produced by Dan Harmon (Community) and Justin Roiland (Adventure Time), Rick and Morty follows a sociopathic genius scientist who drags his inherently timid grandson on insanely dangerous adventures across the universe. When season two premiered in July 2015, it was ranked #1 in its time period among all key adult demographics, and it is now currently in production for season three.
About Adult Swim
Cartoon Network Enterprises (CNE) is responsible for building consumer products and merchandising programs for a wide range of brands by securing and supporting long-term licensing partnerships across all categories. As the global branding and merchandising arm of Cartoon Network and Adult Swim, the division manages the consumer product programs for the networks' award-winning original programming, brands and characters including Ben 10, Adventure Time, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, The Powerpuff Girls, Adult Swim and more. CNE also serves as the exclusive global licensing agent for LazyTown Entertainment.
Adult Swim (AdultSwim.com), launched in 2001, is Turner's network offering original and acquired animated and live-action series for young adults. Airing nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET/PT), Adult Swim is basic cable's #1 network with persons 18-34 and 18-49, and is seen in 94 million U.S. homes.
Adult Swim is part of Turner, a Time Warner company that creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult multi-platform content for consumers around the world. Turner brands and businesses include CNN/U.S., HLN, CNN International and CNN.com, TBS, TNT, TCM, truTV, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Adult Swim, Turner Sports, Bleacher Report, iStreamPlanet and ELEAGUE.