TLC REVEALS NEW CELEBRITY CONTRIBUTORS FOR "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?"
New season premieres Sunday, March 5 at 10/9c
TLC's Emmy Award-winning series, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? returns this spring with a new group of celebrities ready to delve into their lineage and get answers to the questions they've wondered about their entire lives. Eight new one-hour episodes bring more unexpected turns and surprising discoveries of great historical significance. Executive Produced by Lisa Kudrow and Dan Bucatinsky, the new season premieres on Sunday, March 5th at 10/9c.
This season's celebrity contributors include:
· Jessica Biel makes surprising discoveries that change what she thought knew about her heritage.
· Julie Bowen uncovers the story of two relatives whose moral codes are from opposite ends of the spectrum.
· Courteney Cox traces her maternal line back seven centuries to the Medieval times to discover royalty in her lineage and an unbelievable tale of family drama.
· Jennifer Grey uncovers new information about the grandfather she thought she knew, learning how he survived adversity to become a beacon of his community.
· Smokey Robinson searches for answers behind the mystery of why his grandfather disappeared from his children's lives and finds a man tangled in a swirl of controversy.
· John Stamos digs into the mystery of how his grandfather became an orphan, and learns of tensions between families that led to a horrible crime.
· Liv Tyler learns that her family is tied into the complicated racial narrative of America.
· Noah Wyle unravels the mystery of his maternal line, uncovering an ancestor who survived one of America's bloodiest battles.
Ancestry, the leading family history company, is teaming up again with TLC as a sponsor of the upcoming season. As part of the show sponsorship, Ancestry provides exhaustive family history research on each of the featured celebrities to help make discoveries possible and build out the story of each episode.
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? is produced for TLC by Shed Media (part of the alternative department at Warner Bros. Television) and Is or Isn't Entertainment. The series is based on an original format created by Wall to Wall Media and Alex Graham. More information can be found at TLC.com/WDYTYA. 'Like' Who Do You Think You Are? on Facebook.com/WDYTYA and follow @WDYTYA on Twitter.
Offering remarkable real-life stories without judgment, TLC shares everyday heart, humor, hope, and human connection with programming genres that include fascinating families, heartwarming transformations, and life's milestone moments. TLC ended 2016 strong ranked as the #6 Female ad-supported Cable network in prime with W25-54; a top 10 network for the 10th year in a row.
TLC is a global brand available in more than 91 million homes in the US and 325 million households in 220 countries and territories. Viewers can enjoy their favorite shows anytime, anywhere through TLCgo - the network's TVE offering featuring live and on demand access to complete seasons. A destination online, TLC.com offers in-depth fan sites and exclusive original video content. Fans can also interact with TLC on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Pinterest. TLC is part of Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), reaching 3 billion cumulative viewers in 220 countries and territories to satisfy curiosity and engage superfans with a portfolio of premium nonfiction, sports and kids programming brands.