[10/10/17 - 06:02 AM] Amy Sherman-Palladino's "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" Premieres on Wednesday, November 29, Exclusively on Amazon Prime Video The pilot, currently available for all Amazon customers at amazon.com/maisel, has garnered an average customer rating of 4.9, with 93% 5-star reviews.
[via press release from Amazon]
Amy Sherman-Palladino's "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" Premieres on Wednesday, November 29, Exclusively on Amazon Prime Video
Executive produced by Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino, the series stars Rachel Brosnahan, Tony Shalhoub, Alex Borstein, Michael Zegen and Marin Hinkle
SEATTLE - Oct. 10, 2017 - (NASDAQ: AMZN) - Amazon announces The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, from renowned show creator Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls) and Executive Producer Daniel Palladino (Family Guy), will premiere on Wednesday, November 29, exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
The series, written and directed by Sherman-Palladino, stars Rachel Brosnahan (House of Cards) as Miriam "Midge" Maisel, a 1958 New York City woman who has everything she's ever wanted - the perfect husband, two kids, and an elegant Upper West Side apartment perfect for hosting Yom Kippur dinner. But her perfect life suddenly takes an unexpected turn and Midge discovers a previously unknown talent - one that changes her life forever. She charts a course that takes her from her comfortable life on Riverside Drive, through the basket houses and nightclubs of Greenwich Village as she storms the world of stand-up comedy... a course that will ultimately lead her to a spot on Johnny Carson's couch.
"Amy and Dan have made the rare, special series that's as funny as it is beautiful. From the direction to the writing to Rachel's incredible performance, every element is beyond what anyone could hope for," said Joe Lewis, Head of Comedy, Drama & VR, Amazon Studios. "We can't wait for customers to see it soon."
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel also stars Golden Globe winner and three-time Emmy winner Tony Shalhoub (Monk) as Midge's father Abe Weissman, Alex Borstein (Family Guy) as Susie Myerson, Michael Zegen (Boardwalk Empire) as Midge's husband Joel Maisel and Marin Hinkle (Two and a Half Men) as Midge's mother Rose Weissman.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel pilot, currently available for all Amazon customers at amazon.com/maisel, has garnered an average customer rating of 4.9, with 93% 5-star reviews.
Below are customer quotes for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel:
· "... fast-paced, with characters that are so well fleshed-out, funny, and ironic. I am looking forward to seeing so much more of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!"
· "This wasn't just funny. It was smart, sweet, and real. The jokes came from the loving and sincere well of everyday life."
· "Great! Funny, fast, witty, ironic."
Prime members will be able to stream The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel via the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at amazon.com/maisel. Members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. The series will be a global release and available on Amazon Prime Video for members to watch via the Prime Video app or online at PrimeVideo.com in more than 200 countries and territories.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is executive produced by Palladino and Sherman-Palladino, and produced by Dhana Gilbert.
Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
· Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed and self-published content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Tick, Manchester by the Sea and kids series, Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
· Live Sports: Sporting events, including NFL Thursday Night Football and ATP Next Gen ATP Finals, are available to watch live on Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
· Amazon Channels: Over 100 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, plus Anime Strike - the first curated on-demand subscription by Amazon Channels. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
· Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
· Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
· Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR), X-Ray and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
[01/19/18 - 11:39 PM] Development Update: Friday, January 19 Updates include: FOX orders first wave of pilots; Netflix's "The Kominsky Method" fills out cast; and "The Flash's" Keiynan Lonsdale moves to "DC's Legends of Tomorrow."
[01/19/18 - 09:24 AM] Steve Harvey's "Steve" Renewed for Season Two "Steve" has already been sold in 90% of the U.S. on NBC Owned Television Stations as well as leading station groups across the country including Sinclair and Hearst.
[01/18/18 - 11:14 PM] Development Update: Thursday, January 18 Updates include: Gabrielle Union-led "Bad Boys" spin-off gets pilot order from NBC; Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Catherine Dyer to visit FOX's "The Resident"; and Damon Lindelof renews overall deal with Warner Bros. Television.