[02/13/18 - 06:04 AM] Amazon Prime Video Greenlights Season Five of Emmy-Nominated Series "Bosch" Season four of the Emmy-nominated series will premiere exclusively on Amazon Prime Video on Friday, April 13.
[via press release from Amazon]
Amazon Prime Video Greenlights Season Five of Emmy-Nominated Series "Bosch"
Based on the best-selling Michael Connelly novels, Bosch season four will premiere Friday, April 13
SEATTLE - Feb. 13, 2018 - (NASDAQ: AMZN) - Amazon today announced it has greenlit a fifth season of the longest-running one-hour Prime Original Bosch. Executive Producers Eric Overmyer and Daniel Pyne are slated to team up as co-showrunners. Season four of the Emmy-nominated series will premiere exclusively on Amazon Prime Video on Friday, April 13. Bosch is produced by Fabrik Entertainment, a Red Arrow Studios company.
Based on Michael Connelly's best-selling novels, the hour-long series Bosch stars Titus Welliver (Lost) as homicide Detective Harry Bosch, Jamie Hector (The Wire) as Jerry Edgar, Amy Aquino (Being Human) as Lt. Grace Billets, Madison Lintz (The Walking Dead) as Maddie Bosch and Lance Reddick (The Wire) as Deputy Chief Irvin Irving. In the ten-episode season four, when an attorney is murdered on the eve of his civil rights trial against the LAPD, Bosch is assigned to lead a task force to solve the crime before the city erupts in a riot. Bosch must pursue every lead, even if it turns the spotlight back on his own department. One murder intertwines with another, and Bosch must reconcile his past to find a justice that has long eluded him.
Season three has an average customer rating of 4.8, with 89% 5 star reviews. Here's what customers have been saying:
· "This series is so amazing...the cast is perfect."
· "This is THE detective show, the essence of LA noir not seen since the likes of Raymond Chandler and Dashiel Hammet [sic]."
· "This is a rare example of what great television is and can be."
· "This series is just getting better and better."
· "This is still the best crime drama on TV."
"As Amazon Prime Video's longest-running one-hour series, Bosch has long been a cornerstone of our scripted programming, and Prime members consistently clamor for more," said Sharon Tal Yguado, Head of Scripted Series, Amazon Studios. "We are excited to give them another season with Harry Bosch, Jerry Edgar, Grace Billets and the rest of the diverse characters that make up the Bosch universe."
"I could not be prouder of the show we are making. Bosch is entertaining and relevant to our world today," added Connelly. "On top of that we have a fantastic writing staff and the cast and crew are the best. We feel we are just hitting our stride. Season four is based on "Angels Flight" and I don't think we could have chosen a more timely story to tell."
"Producing Bosch for Amazon Prime Video has been an honor and a delight," said Fabrik Entertainment CEO Henrik Bastin, who also executive produces the series. "Sharon Tal Yguado and her entire team have shown incredible support in the creative process and we couldn't be more pleased to debut season four this coming April and then to dive back into production on season five with Eric and Dan leading the team as co-showrunners."
Henrik Pabst, President of Red Arrow Studios International, the TV distribution arm of Red Arrow Studios, said, "It's fantastic news that Bosch will be back for season five. Amazon Prime Video's longest-running drama is a huge hit internationally, and Bosch fans around the world will be delighted by the news."
Bosch was developed for television by Overmyer (Treme, The Wire, Homicide: Life on the Streets) and is executive produced by Pyne (Backstabbing For Beginners, Fracture, The Manchurian Candidate), Overmyer, Bastin (The 100 Code, American Odyssey, The Comedians), Pieter Jan Brugge (Heat, The Insider, The Clearing), John Mankiewicz, Connelly, Pabst, Jan David Frouman and Elle Johnson. Welliver also serves as Producer.
Prime members can stream seasons one, two and three of Bosch exclusively via the Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at www.amazon.com/boschtv. Members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. The series is a global release and available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories.
Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Prime Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Prime Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
· Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed and self-published content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Prime Originals like The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Tick, and kids series Tumble Leaf, Amazon Original Movies such as Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman, and Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
· Live Sports: Sporting events, including AVP volleyball and ATP tennis, are available to watch live on Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
· Amazon Channels: Over 140 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
· Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
· Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
· Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR), X-Ray and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
About Fabrik Entertainment
Los Angeles-based television development and production company Fabrik Entertainment creates compelling, original programming both for the US and international markets. Led by CEO Henrik Bastin and President Melissa Aouate, and supported by VPs Abbey Morris and Paul Hilborn, Fabrik has built its reputation on producing outstanding high-impact series, both original and IP-based. Founded in 2005, Fabrik's credits include Amazon's Bosch, AMC's Emmy-nominated The Killing, HBO's Nordic, WGN's 100 Code, NBC's American Odyssey, USA's Burn Notice, The Comedians on FX and Fox's The Good Guys. Through a strategic partnership with Red Arrow Studios, established in 2011, Fabrik extends its reach from a traditional US production company to that of a top-tier financier and distributor both in American and international markets. Fabrik is represented by Jared Levine at Morris Yorn Barnes Levine Krintzman Rubenstein Kohner & Gellman. www.fabrikent.com
About Red Arrow Studios
Red Arrow Studios is one of the world's leading creators and distributors of entertainment content. Red Arrow Studios is comprised of 20 production companies in seven territories, including 10 companies based in the United States; world-leading digital studio, Studio71, based in six countries; and global film and TV distributors Red Arrow Studios International and Gravitas Ventures. The group's significant output includes scripted, non-scripted and formatted content and IP, from TV and film to short-form and branded content, made for an array of global networks and platforms. Red Arrow Studios is part of ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE, one of Europe's leading media groups. For more information, please visit: redarrow.tv
[12/17/18 - 07:31 AM] It's a Wrap on "Don't Try This at Home" Lead actors on the Netflix series include Maximilian Mundt, Lena Klenke, Danilo Kamperidis, Damian Hardung, Luna Schaller, and Bjarne Mädel.