Felicity Huffman, Jharrel Jerome and Jovan Adepo Join Ava DuVernay's "Central Park" Crime Drama
· Central Park Five Synopsis: Based on a true story that gripped the country, Central Park Five will chronicle the notorious case of five teenagers of color who were convicted of a rape they did not commit. The four episode limited series will focus on the five teenagers from Harlem -- Antron McCray, Kevin Richardson, Yusef Salaam, Raymond Santana and Korey Wise. The series will span from the spring of 1989, when each were first questioned about the incident, to 2014 when they were exonerated and a settlement was reached with the city of New York. Central Park Five will premiere on Netflix in 2019.
· Academy Award(R) Nominee and Emmy Award(R) Winner Felicity Huffman (American Crime) will play Linda Fairstein, the prosecutor who headed the Manhattan district attorney's sex crimes office during the case.
· Jharrel Jerome (Moonlight) will play Korey Wise, one of the wrongfully convicted five who was charged as an adult in the case and served twelve years in prison before being exonerated.
· Jovan Adepo (Fences) will play the exonerated Antron McCray, another member of the wrongfully convicted five, who was released after serving six years in a New York State prison.
· It was previously announced that Michael K. Williams, Vera Farmiga, and John Leguizamo will be joining the cast. Ava DuVernay will write and direct the narrative series which will be four episodes. Jeff Skoll and Jonathan King from Participant Media, Oprah Winfrey/Harpo Films, Jane Rosenthal and Berry Welsh from Tribeca Productions and Ava DuVernay will executive produce the limited series.