[07/28/18 - 02:48 PM] Amazon Prime Video Sets October 12 Debut for "The Romanoffs" an Original Anthology Series from Nine-Time Emmy Winner Matthew Weiner In addition, a new teaser was released revealing the extraordinary line-up of guest stars featured in the series.
[via press release from Amazon]
AMAZON PRIME VIDEO SETS OCTOBER 12 DEBUT FOR "THE ROMANOFFS" AN ORIGINAL ANTHOLOGY SERIES FROM NINE-TIME EMMY WINNER MATTHEW WEINER
THE ROMANOFFS WILL BE AVAILABLE INITIALLY IN THE ORIGINAL VERSION
IN OVER 200 COUNTRIES AND TERRITORIES,
WITH DUBBED FOREIGN LANGUAGE VERSIONS COMING IN EARLY 2019
KERRY BISHE, CARA BUONO, CLEA DUVALL, GRIFFIN DUNNE, JAY R. FERGUSON,
KATHRYN HAHN, RON LIVINGSTON, BEN MILES, RADHA MITCHELL, MICHAEL O'NEIL,
MARY KAY PLACE, JON TENNEY, NOAH WYLE, AND MORE
JOIN INTERNATIONALLY RENOWNED AND PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED CAST INCLUDING AARON ECKHART, JJ FIELD, CHRISTINA HENDRICKS, ISABELLE HUPPERT, JACK HUSTON, MARTHE KELLER, DIANE LANE, JANET MONTGOMERY, AMANDA PEET, ANDREW RANNELLS, PAUL REISER, JOHN SLATTERY AND COREY STOLL
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., July 28, 2018 - Today at the Television Critics Association (TCA) Summer 2018 Press Tour, Amazon Prime Video announced The Romanoffs - the highly anticipated original anthology series, is set to premiere on Friday, October 12. In addition, a new teaser was released revealing the extraordinary line-up of guest stars featured in the series created, written, directed and executive produced by nine-time Emmy award winner Matthew Weiner (Mad Men).
The Romanoffs is a contemporary anthology series, set around the globe, featuring eight separate stories about people who believe themselves to be descendants of the Russian royal family. The Romanoffs was shot on location in three continents and seven countries collaborating with local productions and creative talent across Europe, the Americas, and the Far East.
Each story takes place in a new location with a new cast. Guest stars announced today are: Noah Wyle (Falling Skies), Kathryn Hahn (Transparent), Kerry Bishé (Halt and Catch Fire), Jay R. Ferguson (Mad Men), Ben Miles (Collateral), Mary Kay Place (Big Love), Griffin Dunne (Imposters), Cara Buono (Mad Men), Ron Livingston (The Conjuring), Jon Tenney (Hand of God), Clea DuVall (Veep), Radha Mitchell (Silent Hill), Hugh Skinner (Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again), Juan Pablo Castañeda (The Debt of Maximillian), Emily Rudd (Electric Dreams), Adèle Anderson (Company Business), Annet Mahendru (The Americans), Louise Bourgoin (I Am a Soldier), Hera Hilmar (Two Birds), and Inès Melab (Agathe Koltès).
Previously announced cast includes: Academy Award-nominee Isabelle Huppert (Elle), Golden Globe Award-nominee Marthe Keller (Marathon Man), Aaron Eckhart (Sully), Academy Award-nominee Diane Lane (Unfaithful), Emmy Award-nominated Christina Hendricks (Mad Men), Emmy Award-nominated John Slattery (Mad Men), Amanda Peet (Togetherness), Jack Huston (Boardwalk Empire), Corey Stoll (The Strain), Grammy Award-winner Andrew Rannells (Girls),
Mike Doyle (Odd Mom Out), JJ Field (TURN: Washington's Spies), Janet Montgomery (Salem, This Is Us), and Emmy and Golden Globe Award-nominated Paul Reiser (Red Oaks).
The accomplished collaborators on The Romanoffs include Executive Producer/Writer Semi Chellas (Mad Men); Co-Executive Producers Kriss Turner Towner (The Bernie Mac Show), Blake McCormick (Mad Men) and Kathy Ciric (Z: The Beginning of Everything); along with Consulting Producers/Writers Andre Jacquemetton (Mad Men) and Maria Jacquemetton (Mad Men).
The behind-the-scenes creative team features an array of consummate artists including Director of Photography Chris Manley (Mad Men), Costume Designers Janie Bryant (Mad Men) and Wendy Chuck (Spotlight), Production Designers Chris Brown (Mad Men) and Emmy winner Henry Dunn (Mad Men). Hair and make-up heads are Theraesa Rivers (Mad Men) and Lana Horochowski (Mad Men), respectively. The casting team includes Emmy winners Carrie Audino (Mad Men) and Laura Schiff (Mad Men), as well as Kendra Shay Clark (Mad Men).
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium subscription streaming service that offers customers an unmatched collection of digital videos - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
· Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including our award-winning Prime Originals such as The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Sneaky Pete, Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman and Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, live sports and licensed and self-published content available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
· Watch more with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 160+ channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, CBS All Access, Cinemax, and more - no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
· Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of current TV shows, available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy.
· Instant access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on your smart TV, mobile device, Fire TV, Fire tablet, Apple TV, or from the web. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.com/prime.
[01/15/21 - 11:29 PM] Development Update: Friday, January 15 Updates include: Ethan Hawke set as villain in "Moon Knight" at Disney+; Kantemir Balagov to helm HBO's "The Last of Us"; and Apple TV+ fills out cast of Kevin Durant's "Swagger."