"ELLEN'S GAME OF GAMES" MEDIA ALERT
· NBC has renewed the hit alternative series "Ellen's Game of Games" for a third season.
· "Ellen's Game of Games" returned to the NBC schedule on Tuesday, Jan. 8, scoring as the night's #1 entertainment program in the key adult 18-49 measure. Its 1.5 rating won the 8 p.m. ET hour over competition that included CBS' "NCIS" and ABC's comedy team of "The Conners" and "The Kids Are Alright." In L+3, the premiere grew by +18% in 18-49 to 1.80 and +821,000 viewers overall to 7.4 million. And in this week's second telecast of the season, "Game of Games" increased its timeslot lead while growing by 13% week to week in 18-49 to a 1.7 rating.
· The series launched one year ago and ranked as the #1 new alternative show of the 2017-18 season in 18-49 and total viewers.
· "We are delighted that America has wholeheartedly embraced this wildly entertaining and unpredictable show," said Meredith Ahr, President, Alternative and Reality Group, NBC Entertainment. "Ellen's signature humor, coupled with the clever twists she and the producers bring to each hilarious moment, puts 'Game of Games' in a league of its own. We can't wait to get started on season three."
· Ellen DeGeneres serves as host and executive producer of the hilarious one-hour game show, which includes supersized versions of the most popular and action-packed games from her award-winning daytime talk show, "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
· "Ellen's Game of Games" is executive produced by Ellen DeGeneres, Kevin A. Leman II, Mary Connelly, Ed Glavin, Andy Lassner, Jeff Kleeman and Derek Westervelt. David A. Hurwitz also serves as executive producer.
· The series is produced by Warner Horizon Unscripted and Alternative Television in association with Telepictures and A Very Good Production.
· An episode order will be announced at a later date.