· Carson Daly has decided to step away from his 1:30 a.m. show "Last Call with Carson Daly" to concentrate on his duties as host of the Orange Room on "Today," host and producer on "The Voice" and spend more time with his family.
· While on "Last Call," Daly was working in three dayparts - morning, primetime and late night.
· "If you had told me in 2002 I would be a part of the historic NBC late-night family for 17 years, I would have said you were crazy! Hard to believe it's been so long - 2,000 episodes. It's time to move on to something new and let someone else have access to this incredible platform."
· "My 20's was about finding a good job. My 30's was about taking on as many of them as I could. Now, in my 40's, I'm focused on quality over quantity. I want to do more with my 'Today' family and continue hosting and producing 'The Voice' and explore new opportunities."
· "I'm forever grateful and proud to all who have worked with us at 'Last Call' over the years. So many have gone on to achieve incredible success. It's been really awesome to watch. I owe our executive producer Stewart Bailey a huge bottle of something expensive. He masterfully keep this train on the track for many years."
· "I'm very excited to fulfill other areas I'm passionate about within our company. The Golf Channel has always been a favorite of mine and we have a few exciting things in the works. I look forward to building on that."
· "I could have all the jobs in the world, but none of them are more important to me than that of Dad. My family will always remain my top priority and greatest gig."
· At its conclusion "Last Call" will have recorded 2,000 episodes. A date for the final telecast will be announced at a later time.
· Stewart Bailey and Carson Daly are the executive producers.
· A new 1:30 a.m. show will be announced shortly.
· "Last Call" debuted in 2002.
· "Last Call" was known for its personal longform interviews and breaking new musical artists with intimate performances. The show was among the first to recognize such major artists as Maroon 5, Halsey, 21 Pilots, Ed Sheeran and Kendrick Lamar.