92ND OSCARS(R) PERFORMERS ANNOUNCED
Cynthia Erivo, Elton John, Idina Menzel, Chrissy Metz and Randy Newman
to Perform Nominated Original Songs
With Special Appearances by Eímear Noone and Questlove
Cynthia Erivo, Oscar(R) winner Elton John, Idina Menzel, Chrissy Metz and Oscar winner Randy Newman will perform this year's nominated songs at the 92nd Oscars(R) ceremony, show producers Lynette Howell Taylor and Stephanie Allain announced today. "The Oscars" will air live, Sunday, Feb. 9, on ABC.
"We're excited to have an incredible group of nominees and performers who will deliver one-of-a-kind music moments you will only see on the Oscars," said Howell Taylor and Allain.
This year's Original Song nominees and performers are as follows (in alphabetical order by song title):
· "I Can't Let You Throw Yourself Away" from "Toy Story 4" - performed by Randy Newman; music and lyric by Randy Newman
· "(I'm Gonna) Love Me Again" from "Rocketman" - performed by Elton John; music by Elton John; lyric by Bernie Taupin
· "I'm Standing with You" from "Breakthrough" - performed by Chrissy Metz; music and lyric by Diane Warren
· "Into the Unknown" from "Frozen II" - performed by Idina Menzel and AURORA; music and lyric by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez
· "Stand Up" from "Harriet" - performed by Cynthia Erivo; music and lyric by Joshuah Brian Campbell and Cynthia Erivo
In addition to the five nominated song performances, the show will feature a special appearance by Questlove and a guest-conducted segment by Eímear Noone. Noone is the first woman to conduct during an Oscars telecast.
The producers will continue to announce talent joining the show in the coming weeks.
The 92nd Oscars will be held on Sunday, Feb. 9, 2020, at the Dolby(R) Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center(R) in Hollywood and will be televised live on ABC at 8:00 p.m. EST/5:00 p.m. PST. "Oscars: Live on the Red Carpet" will air at 6:30 p.m. EST/3:30 p.m. PST. "The Oscars" also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.
About The Academy
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is a global community of more than 9,000 of the most accomplished artists, filmmakers and executives working in film. In addition to celebrating and recognizing excellence in filmmaking through the Oscars, the Academy supports a wide range of initiatives to promote the art and science of the movies, including public programming, educational outreach and the upcoming Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, which is under construction in Los Angeles.
Follow The Academy (#Oscars) at www.oscars.org and on social media: Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.